KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » What Telepath could dominate Legion

What Telepath could dominate Legion
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

What Telepath could dominate Legion

Is there a Telepath out there that could dominate Legion at his best, so badly that it would leave him in a catatonic state? The battle begins when the Telepath of your choice pulls Legion unto the Astral Plane.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 02:17 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Galactus can.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 02:44 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Superman using t-vo.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 03:00 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strange could.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 03:08 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaiden
Black Dynamite's Second

No. Isn't he confirmed 10x Xavier when not at his best?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 03:07 PM
DarkRaiden is currently offline Click here to Send DarkRaiden a Private Message Find more posts by DarkRaiden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Maybe full power Shaman X-Man.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 03:18 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

No. There may be telepaths that beat him, but I doubt anyone can dominate him, not at his best.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 04:44 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Cassandra Nova, maybe

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:00 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

...At his best? As in, when he's merged every single personality of his (and he's had thousands of them, multiple of which are reality warping personalities) and has them all under his control? I really can't tell.

Although, some of his individual personalities don't have defenses against telepathy. For example, Karma mind controlled him in New Mutants v1 #44, when he has the Jack Wayne persona from what i remember, despite the fact that he's resisted Xavier back in New Mutants v1 #26 (which was in the same series) while utilizing his Jemail personality. And im pretty sure Shadow King controlled him in an X-Men annual.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
No. Isn't he confirmed 10x Xavier when not at his best?

Yeah, it was stated in Legion Quest:

http://i.imgur.com/Ip3KekQ.jpg?1

Edit: And back in Legion Quest, he still had only 4 personalities which he had under his control: Telepathy, Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, and time manipulation which he developed in that arc. Later on when he returned in New Mutants v3, he had thousands of personalities (but they weren't under David's control; when he switches to a specific power, that personality which is responsible for the power, takes control of Legion).

Last edited by operator616 on Jun 4th, 2014 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 05:30 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Ego-Stranger-Uatu-Overmind?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 06:02 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

A focused legion is a serious threat i'd love to see him well written

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 09:29 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Originally posted by Existere
Cassandra Nova, maybe

Probably the best bet. Beyond her, Jean as WPotC could certainly do it. Shaman Nate Grey - possibly. Classic Strange w/ Eye perhaps as well, though it's pretty much a tossup.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 10:33 PM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Glorificus
Probably the best bet. Beyond her, Jean as WPotC could certainly do it. Shaman Nate Grey - possibly. Classic Strange w/ Eye perhaps as well, though it's pretty much a tossup.

Nova is that good

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 10:55 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by Sin I AM
A focused legion is a serious threat i'd love to see him well written

Id recommend reading the recent X-Men Legacy series (Vol. 2) in case you haven't.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 11:00 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

DCnU Brainiac is a potential threat.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 03:46 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

At his best, meaning the universe remaking best?

Nope, I doubt any telepath less than someone like Galactus, Odin or the Celestials could get the job done.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 04:12 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Nova is that good
Well, this only matters depending on how much weight you give to offhand comments, but:

Cassandra Nova casually overpowered Xavier while Xavier was wearing Cerebra.

Cerebra was stated, by Beast (iirc) to increase psi power to the power of 10.

Legion's power levels obviously fluctuate ridiculously, but for what it's worth, he was once stated to be 10x Xavier psionically.

5 x 10 = 50

5^10 = 9765625

Cassandra Nova has a lot of other impressive and certainly cooler feats but it stands to reason that if she is that much more powerful than Xavier, then perhaps she stands the best shot of getting the better of Legion psionically, at least until we get to Trans+ telepaths.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 06:13 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Well, this only matters depending on how much weight you give to offhand comments, but:

Legion's power levels obviously fluctuate ridiculously, but for what it's worth, he was once stated to be 10x Xavier psionically.

5 x 10 = 50

5^10 = 9765625

Cassandra Nova has a lot of other impressive and certainly cooler feats but it stands to reason that if she is that much more powerful than Xavier, then perhaps she stands the best shot of getting the better of Legion psionically, at least until we get to Trans+ telepaths.

Great. Post

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 06:20 AM
Stoic
Avenger

5 x 10 = 50

5^10 = 9765625

I'm sorry but where did your base exponent come from? I mean where did you get that number, because I think that I may have missed a step in your calculations.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 06:24 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Stoic
I'm sorry but where did your base exponent come from? I mean where did you get that number, because I think that I may have missed a step in your calculations.
The number 5? I just picked it. The point is that if Cerebra really does increase Xavier's power exponentially, then smiling while destroying him while he wears Cerebra is an absolutely ridiculous feat, and reasonably beyond a basic multiplication of Xavier's power.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 06:29 AM