KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Fernus Vs Despero

Fernus Vs Despero
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Fernus Vs Despero

Fernus dominated the JLA, killed the white martians and almost nuked the planet.
Despero's gone toe to toe with the JLA and JSA, and held up the Rock of Eternity.

Which team wrecker wins a battle?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 01:39 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
safado

Pre- nu DCU I'd give Fernus an edge but in a competitive fight

Things are wonky now. Superman has just literally ripped Doomsday to shreds, bench pressed the earth for 5 days and MM beat Despero by himself. Besides that Despero stole batman's Kryptonite ring before attacking the JLA (when J'onn beat him) which gave me the impression that he thought he woud need it to beat Superman

That's degrading Despero

Fernus killed all of the White martians and was several tiers above any of the white martians themselves. Given that "technically" a white martian is physically the same as J'onn (in reality nu DCU shows a more powerful J'onn in comparison to other martians - but still 70?)

Fernus should really overwhelm Despero, who's been getting sold short.

The Biurning Martians were a threat, or at least a concern, to the Guardians. Despero is just a wegiht class below IMO

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 02:03 PM
safado is currently offline Click here to Send safado a Private Message Find more posts by safado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I was speaking strictly pre NuDC, as thats where my examples came from. Thanks for the post, though!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 04:51 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
safado

I see dsespero as a team threat

Fern us was a Martian times x 10

He killed 70 Martians ( for those that think he was just an unleashed Jon.....Jon can't kill 70 peers)

Pre nu document however de speedos telepathy seemed more formidable, so I'd say the guy that decapitates 70 Martians likely overpowers dsespero, though perhaps it's a good fight

Ahhhhhhhh comic book fights big grin

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 05:17 AM
safado is currently offline Click here to Send safado a Private Message Find more posts by safado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Too many ways for Fernus to beat Despero here.

He can probably even tp bomb him, considering John's GL tp defenses wouldn't last even a second in the same room with Fernus, and he had to resort to a desperate tactic of converting his thoughts to those of a long dead Guardian language to bypass being turned into a vegetable.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 05:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Fernus was a beast.
I really think Despero could step up, though. I have the books in my garage but, did the JLA straight up try to kill Fernus? Fairly sure Despero would. Might tip the balance?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 05:41 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

They never really got the chance, because being in the same room with him was instant mind rape. Only Plastic Man, and John Stewart, managed to get in an attack.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 05:49 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats for sure a point in Fernus' favor!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 06:01 AM
Smurph
------

Plastic Man > both.

at the same time.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 06:54 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Fernus wins this.

Although, don't forget, when he kiled those 70 White Martians, he WAS on fire.....

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 07:10 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, he was burning up!

Would/could Despero's third eye help protect against instant mind rape? It gives him many similar powers to Fernus...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 10:04 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Despero is drastically underrated here.

1. White Martians are no where near Jonn's peer's. White Martians are the weaker martian Race. Aquaman mind raped several and his TP power is a fraction that of jonn's. hell even with the enhancement in TP the water hand gave him he still wasn't in Jonn's league.

2. MMH and Aquaman combined couldn't even dent Despero's TP strength.

3. One of his abiliites as I recall is a psychic fire that he can wield from his third eye. MMH is still vulnerable to "psychic" fire.

4. If he has the Flame of Py'tar then he possesses powerful energy and matter manip as powers almost to the point of verging on reality warping.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 12:26 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I read about the flame of Py'tar, so yes he has it.
Didnt think to specifically mentioning it, though.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 12:39 PM
DarkSaint85

Was Fernus vulnerable to psychic fire, though? I thought he wasn't.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 03:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
safado

I'm slowly beginning to think dsespero might be able to step it up. I'll go full on nerd later tonight

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 05:19 PM
riv6672

Haha! Its on!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 10:13 PM
DTM

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fernus wins this.

Although, don't forget, when he kiled those 70 White Martians, he WAS on fire.....

I was going to state this as well. Fernus is constantly emitting fire, martians lose their powers when in the presence of fire, so him beating 70 WMs is virtually cheating, and not a very impressive feat (Heck, Batman took out 3 WMs himself with a matchs flame).

Old Post Jun 8th, 2014 03:07 AM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
safado

I don't know. It's still 70 beings that are weaker versions of Superman but with similar powers. 70 is enough for at least a group of them to use telepathy or martian vision (the stupidest power in comics - it would be like Superman's Kryptonite vision but hey)

My takeaway from the scene was that the immensely powerful white martians- who were described as the equals of the green martians but the war obsessed half of the species were wiped out by a being that as just that powerful (even though yes I agree that his fire had a lot to do with it)

OTOH Despero wouldn't be so easily affected telepathically, as opposed to his jobber nuDCU self and his physical power would likely be enough to match up with Fernus

I don't know who wins, I do know they are both in dire need of a redesign but that's another debate.

Despero looks like a lobster with one eye - I keep thinking Zoidberg from Futurama has superpowers and now the JLA must face him

nyuk nyuk

Old Post Jun 8th, 2014 03:28 AM
DTM

Keep in mind they will all lose their powers in the presence of Fernus' fire. They are not 70 weak Superman, they are essentially then 70 normal humanoids, which a being as powerful as Fernus would wipe out with ease (which is what he did).

Old Post Jun 8th, 2014 03:32 AM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Dont see how thats cheating?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2014 04:22 AM