KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gradiator with the ebony blade Vs. Morg with WOL

Gradiator with the ebony blade Vs. Morg with WOL
Started by: Geeker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Geeker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gradiator with the ebony blade Vs. Morg with WOL

Who would win?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 10:08 AM
Geeker is currently offline Click here to Send Geeker a Private Message Find more posts by Geeker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Morg would rip his face off.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 11:27 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geeker
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Morg would rip his face off.

You don't think Gladiators Super speed would allow him to hack Morgs arms off, remember the ebony blade could affect Zeus a Sky father.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 11:29 AM
Geeker is currently offline Click here to Send Geeker a Private Message Find more posts by Geeker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Geeker
You don't think Gladiators Super speed would allow him to hack Morgs arms off, remember the ebony blade could affect Zeus a Sky father.

No he wouldn't get the chance. All Heralds of Galactus are able to fly at greater than light speeds through asteroid fields without hitting one of them. He would catch Gladiators arm, and rip his face off. Morg with the Power Cosmic, and Waters of life, was able to, and would have killed all of Galactus' Heralds if not for plot. Gladiator would have been railroaded by that group. Just remember, Gladiator wouldn't be facing a landlocked opponent here, but one that could fly just as fast as he is, and has cosmic awareness.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 11:45 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geeker
Restricted

Account Restricted

No he wouldn't get the chance. All Heralds of Galactus are able to fly at greater than light speeds through asteroid fields without hitting one of them. He would catch Gladiators arm, and rip his face off. Morg with the Power Cosmic, and Waters of life, was able to, and would have killed all of Galactus' Heralds if not for plot. Gladiator would have been railroaded by that group. Just remember, Gladiator wouldn't be facing a landlocked opponent here, but one that could fly just as fast as he is, and has cosmic awareness.

Thor can do that, Rich Rider could do that, I don't think travel speed equates to combat speed.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 11:57 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Thor can do that, Rich Rider could do that, I don't think travel speed equates to combat speed.

Nova has a battle PC in his helmet helping him adjust. I don't think that Thor can do it to the degree that a Herald of Galactus can, based on them having the Power Cosmic, and that in turn giving them cosmic awareness. He can't continuously throw punches like a hyper fighter does, but blocking the initial blow would come due to his ability to sense things before they happen. This is the cosmic awareness portion of the Herald's power set. Gladiator wouldn't be able to cut him, because a well written Herald would stop his arm from gaining torque. Gladiator with the blade could cut him, but he would never get the chance if this helps. Morg at this power level would dominate Gladiator like Exiles Surfer did to him, if not worse.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:07 PM
Geeker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nova has a battle PC in his helmet helping him adjust. I don't think that Thor can do it to the degree that a Herald of Galactus can, based on them having the Power Cosmic, and that in turn giving them cosmic awareness. He can't continuously throw punches like a hyper fighter does, but blocking the initial blow would come due to his ability to sense things before they happen. This is the cosmic awareness portion of the Herald's power set. Gladiator wouldn't be able to cut him, because a well written Herald would stop his arm from gaining torque. Gladiator with the blade could cut him, but he would never get the chance if this helps. Morg at this power level would dominate Gladiator like Exiles Surfer did to him, if not worse.

I have never seen heralds cosmic awareness active in one on one combat. Do you have a scan of this? I have seen heralds punched in the mouth quite a bit. Do you believe Morg has combat speed feats?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:09 PM
carver9

Heralds never used it during Mid battle and no, they don't have combat speed fts on part with Gladiator...Especially Morg (he is more of a brute fighter). With that said, Gladiator should win this with the weapon he have in his possession.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

This is what happens when Heralds are written poorly. Cosmic Awareness is the same no matter what hero has it. Captain Mar-Vell had it, and it allows them a level of precognition. The Surfer exhibited this ability when he stopped the Rhino's bull-rush. You can always go to the respect thread and check it out for yourself. Does it make much sense to you that someone can fly through a thick asteroid field doing better than the speed of light and miss every single one, but would not be able to dodge one punch? Like I said, Gladiator would have a difficult time hitting a well written Herald focused on killing him. The power difference between the two is also huge.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:17 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by carver9
Heralds never used it during Mid battle and no, they don't have combat speed fts on part with Gladiator...Especially Morg (he is more of a brute fighter). With that said, Gladiator should win this with the weapon he have in his possession.

No he wouldn't. He would lose.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:18 PM
Geeker
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is what happens when Heralds are written poorly. Cosmic Awareness is the same no matter what hero has it. Captain Mar-Vell had it, and it allows them a level of precognition. The Surfer exhibited this ability when he stopped the Rhino's bull-rush. You can always go to the respect thread and check it out for yourself. Does it make much sense to you that someone can fly through a thick asteroid field doing better than the speed of light and miss every single one, but would not be able to dodge one punch? Like I said, Gladiator would have a difficult time hitting a well written Herald focused on killing him. The power difference between the two is also huge.

So you are saying Gladiator is not only slower than a herald of Galactus in combat, he is not herald level in power either? So he should not be in the herald tier?

You are also saying heralds of Galactus operate at flash level in combat?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:24 PM
Stoic
Avenger

So you are saying Gladiator is not only slower than a herald of Galactus in combat, he is not herald level in power either? So he should not be in the herald tier?

You are also saying heralds of Galactus operate at flash level in combat?

First of all Morg with both the Power Cosmic and Water's of Life is above the Herald Tier, and should be considered Mid Trans level.

Second I never said that he could hyper fight but has the ability to react to speeds greater than light speed. All of the heralds have this ability, which comes with cosmic awareness.

Third, Gladiator is not a High Herald like the Surfer, this was settled when the Surfer warned him about the difference in their power in so many words.

Fourth, Morg Flexed and blew up a planet once he got the WOL combined with the PC. Gladiator was nearly killed by far less during War of Kings. Yes he has the Ebony blade here, but I don't see how this is going to protect him from Morg's omni directional blasts.

Gladiator is a Mid tier Herald, perhaps even low, when looking at some of his poor or low showings. I'll just say that he is Mid, because there is no way that he is a high Herald.

Last edited by Stoic on Jun 11th, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:30 PM
carver9

He didn't stop Rhino Bullrush though. Rhino took him straight into a river.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...2347f9.jpg.html

I know about all of their fts and it's not like the way you are mentioning it. They have not displayed combat speeds on the level of Gladiator (minus Surfer of course). Morg was more of a brute fight which would cause him the loss here.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:30 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geeker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know about all of their fts and it's not like the way you are mentioning it. They have not displayed combat speeds on the level of Gladiator (minus Surfer of course). Morg was more of a brute fight which would cause him the loss here.

I agree, this is my take on things also.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:33 PM
carver9

First of all Morg with both the Power Cosmic and Water's of Life is above the Herald Tier, and should be considered Mid Trans level.

Second I never said that he could hyper fight but has the ability to react to speeds greater than light speed. All of the heralds have this ability, which comes with cosmic awareness.

Third, Gladiator is not a High Herald like the Surfer, this was settled when the Surfer warned him about the difference in their power in so many words.

Fourth, Morg Flexed and blew up a planet once he got the WOL combined with the PC. Gladiator was nearly killed by far less during War of Kings. Yes he has the Ebony blade here, but I don't see how this is going to protect him from Morg's omni directional blasts.

Gladiator is a Mid tier Herald, perhaps even low, when looking at some of his poor or low showings. I'll just say that he is Mid, because there is no way that he is a high Herald.

But Gladiator has tanked more than planet busting and Surfer aided in the destruction of that planet anyways.

Surfer never said he was above Gladiator...what he told Gladiator is...He can exploit his radiation weakness.

War or Kings...Gladiator was dropped because he soloed an alien armada and was nearly fatigued by the time he made it to the boss.

Glads is high Herald. Hell, recently he took out the entire Guardian of the Galaxy with a single move.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:36 PM
Stoic
Avenger

You're such a liar, and this is your typical BS. This is why -Pr- is constantly climbing in your ass. You're leaving out context, and you know that you are. Show the scan when the Surfer puts his foot down on this farce.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:37 PM
Stoic
Avenger

But Gladiator has tanked more than planet busting and Surfer aided in the destruction of that planet anyways.

Surfer never said he was above Gladiator...what he told Gladiator is...He can exploit his radiation weakness.

War or Kings...Gladiator was dropped because he soloed an alien armada and was nearly fatigued by the time he made it to the boss.

Glads is high Herald. Hell, recently he took out the entire Guardian of the Galaxy with a single move.

When Morg first got the WOL he destroyed the planet that he got it from, by simply flexing. Gladiator is way out of his league here. Morg wouldn't even have to chase after him, just the power that he emitted would flatten Kallark out. Based on forum rules, Gladiator wouldn't even get close to Morg before he was put out. Go back and check out just how powerful Morg was.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 12:43 PM
carver9

You're such a liar, and this is your typical BS. This is why -Pr- is constantly climbing in your ass. You're leaving out context, and you know that you are. Show the scan when the Surfer puts his foot down on this farce.

No one said Surfer didn't win. You said Surfer predicted his movement 2 high in my scan, he didn't. Nothing in my scan lied about anything.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 01:03 PM
Stoic
Avenger

No one said Surfer didn't win. You said Surfer predicted his movement 2 high in my scan, he didn't. Nothing in my scan lied about anything.

you left out context, and now you're feigning ignorance to cover up the bs.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 01:15 PM
carver9

When Morg first got the WOL he destroyed the planet that he got it from, by simply flexing. Gladiator is way out of his league here. Morg wouldn't even have to chase after him, just the power that he emitted would flatten Kallark out. Based on forum rules, Gladiator wouldn't even get close to Morg before he was put out. Go back and check out just how powerful Morg was.

Are you really basing this off of high showings because if you are you would lose. You using planetary destruction as a showcase that Morg's durability is above Gladiators is laughable.

Gladiator was hit by a blast that was powerful enough to destroy a solar system.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...a29d61.jpg.html

Not only does he tank it...He contains the blast to the point that a star was created.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/c...4efac2.jpg.html

Should I post his Gas giant ft?

Gladiator isn't fighting someone that is far out if his league. He did fight Tyrant while weakened and had a decent showing.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2014 01:22 PM