KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Best Assassin (Born to be wild edition)

The Best Assassin (Born to be wild edition)
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

The Best Assassin (Born to be wild edition)

If they were born, and trained as children by the League of Assassins, which character would be the best Assassin?

Marvel or DC characters only.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 04:42 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
If they were born, and trained as children by the League of Assassins, which character would be the best Assassin?

Marvel or DC characters only.
are there any restrictions on the characters?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 06:55 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Hard to say. So many come to mind.

I want to use street levelers because the upper tiers would be ridiculous and make the training a moot point.

Spidey-Senses, agility, ability to be stealth, healing ability, technological mind(spidey tracers etc.)....would make him a great assassin.

Wolverine-I don't think I need to justify this honestly.

I'm too lazy to list others. I would really like to see Spidey in this role for a short run. He would own Gotham.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 07:34 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by deathslash
are there any restrictions on the characters?

Sorry man, had to take care of some things. In terms of limitations, let's keep people above the High Meta out of this.

I'm thinking that Night Crawler with the right mindset would be a very scary and successful Assassin.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 07:47 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Tony Stark.

Seriously. Picture a comic book version of Gerard Butler's Law Abiding Citizen. For pay.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 07:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Raisen
Hard to say. So many come to mind.

I want to use street levelers because the upper tiers would be ridiculous and make the training a moot point.

Spidey-Senses, agility, ability to be stealth, healing ability, technological mind(spidey tracers etc.)....would make him a great assassin.

Wolverine-I don't think I need to justify this honestly.

I'm too lazy to list others. I would really like to see Spidey in this role for a short run. He would own Gotham.

If you look at Wonder Man, he needed training because he was simply horrible in fights. Look at Titania, Spider Man was less than 1/5th her strength, and he beat the living crap out of her to the point that women against spousal abuse frowned on it (yeah okay I tossed that one in but still).

Then on the other spectrum Wonder Woman is highly trained, and it has saved her skin many times against people that would have destroyed her if she wasn't trained.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 08:04 AM
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Mystique

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 08:06 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Mystique

Please, you just like her because she has blue boobs dude. Seriously though she does make for a great Assassin, you'd never see her coming unless you had TP, or hyper senses like Wolverine.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 08:12 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Quicksilver, Invisible woman, pym, gambit, shadowcat, charles x

Last edited by Inhuman on Jul 14th, 2014 at 08:22 AM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 08:17 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Inhuman, if Sue Storm were born and trained as an assassin, she'd be a very good one most likely, but she wouldnt be the Invisible Woman.

This really only works with characters born with powers or natural intelligence, like my pick, Tony, or your own pick, Pym.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 08:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by riv6672
Inhuman, if Sue Storm were born and trained as an assassin, she'd be a very good one most likely, but she wouldnt be the Invisible Woman.

This really only works with characters born with powers or natural intelligence, like my pick, Tony, or your own pick, Pym.

Naturally but I assumed OP meant to choose someone that would be a good assassin based on their powers and abilities. Assuming they have always had them.

But maybe that's not what he meant. Shrug.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 08:56 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

My way is more restricting, and i'll probably be the only one who does it.
Shrug.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 09:25 AM
DarkSaint85

Sentry. No more agoraphobia!!!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 09:38 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

That's some Naruto level bullshit

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 09:42 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Hulk

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 09:42 AM
Raisen

Originally posted by Stoic
If you look at Wonder Man, he needed training because he was simply horrible in fights. Look at Titania, Spider Man was less than 1/5th her strength, and he beat the living crap out of her to the point that women against spousal abuse frowned on it (yeah okay I tossed that one in but still).

Then on the other spectrum Wonder Woman is highly trained, and it has saved her skin many times against people that would have destroyed her if she wasn't trained.

i agree with what you're saying, to a point. i'm mostly talking about characters like Thanos etc where fighting skills are almost unneeded.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 09:43 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Hulk

Subtle. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 11:22 AM
SamZED

Brace yourselves.

Squirrel Girl.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 11:38 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Only in that she'd train the League up.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 11:41 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Inhuman
Naturally but I assumed OP meant to choose someone that would be a good assassin based on their powers and abilities. Assuming they have always had them.

But maybe that's not what he meant. Shrug.

That's exactly what I meant.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 12:19 PM