KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCnU Captain Atom vs WBH

DCnU Captain Atom vs WBH
Started by: Prof. T.C McAbe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

DCnU Captain Atom vs WBH

No BFR

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 09:59 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Cap wins as long as it doesn't become a slugfest

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 01:19 AM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain atom takes out the gamma radiation from hukk and reverts him back to banner, its that simple.

silver surfer has done this before and we have also seem new 52 captain atom absorb energy and radiation.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 07:06 AM
thingy150 is currently offline Click here to Send thingy150 a Private Message Find more posts by thingy150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain atom stomps easily, you could not win the argument in the last thread so you made a spite thread, good job.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 07:06 AM
thingy150 is currently offline Click here to Send thingy150 a Private Message Find more posts by thingy150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thingy150
Captain atom stomps easily, you could not win the argument in the last thread so you made a spite thread, good job.

There was a huge difference in WB Hulk, and the Hulk at regular levels. Draining him would be impossible, because he was actively tapping into the gamma force. He was able to do this once he underwent the meditation to tap into his power on Sakaar. This was during the Planet Hulk saga. Once he got to a certain level (WB Hulk level) draining him was nearly impossible because it wasn't the Hulk that was being drained, but instead Arm'Cheddon was tapping into the same power that the Hulk was taking his power from. Captain Atom would essentially be drinking from the same ocean of power without being able to stop the Hulk from drinking from it as well.

Betty was an energy sponge type as well, but without the Wishing Wells enchantment she would have capped at her max, and began to overheat like Rulk once did when he fought both the Savage Hulk, and Thor. Captain Atom has a limit to the amount of power that he can consume. If he can manage to contain more power than WB Hulk, he could win. Draining the Hulk dry, is out of the question though.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 07:43 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Phoenix force, goblin force, speed force, cosmic force, enigma force, the hawk force, the dark force, and now the Gamma force.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 07:50 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
There was a huge difference in WB Hulk, and the Hulk at regular levels. Draining him would be impossible, because he was actively tapping into the gamma force. He was able to do this once he underwent the meditation to tap into his power on Sakaar. This was during the Planet Hulk saga. Once he got to a certain level (WB Hulk level) draining him was nearly impossible because it wasn't the Hulk that was being drained, but instead Arm'Cheddon was tapping into the same power that the Hulk was taking his power from. Captain Atom would essentially be drinking from the same ocean of power without being able to stop the Hulk from drinking from it as well.

Betty was an energy sponge type as well, but without the Wishing Wells enchantment she would have capped at her max, and began to overheat like Rulk once did when he fought both the Savage Hulk, and Thor. Captain Atom has a limit to the amount of power that he can consume. If he can manage to contain more power than WB Hulk, he could win. Draining the Hulk dry, is out of the question though.

Atom is stated to have zero limit, he is energy itself, he could go back in time and make hulk never gain gamma powers. Even if he were not able to do any of that(which he can) he is faster than the flash in both reaction and actual speed.

I have already stated multiple ways cap could beat them but i am just curious as to cap overloading, he has not overloaded in the new 52 so im just going to assume you are making assumptions.

if he has overloaded in the new 52 it does not support his other scans of him not being able to overload(and also give me the feats if he has).

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 07:51 AM
Stoic
Avenger

It's all in his bio. The Hulk gets his power from a source. This is why the Green Scar was larger, heavier, and more powerful than any other incarnation of the character. This is also why War Hulk was one of the most powerful Hulk's to ever be seen. The Celestial attachments that he had rigged to him allowed him to more efficiently draw more power from the Gamma Force. The Green Scar just showed us that he didn't need the Celestial tech to to become as powerful as he did. After all the Green Scar was even more powerful than War Hulk. Or that he was capable of attaining higher levels of power than War Hulk was shown to have done on panel.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 07:58 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Atom is stated to have zero limit, he is energy itself, he could go back in time and make hulk never gain gamma powers. Even if he were not able to do any of that(which he can) he is faster than the flash in both reaction and actual speed.

I have already stated multiple ways cap could beat them but i am just curious as to cap overloading, he has not overloaded in the new 52 so im just going to assume you are making assumptions.

if he has overloaded in the new 52 it does not support his other scans of him not being able to overload(and also give me the feats if he has).

If he went back in time he would self BFR himself, and the battle would be over. The Hulk was also stated to have no limit by the Beyonder. They all have a limit. Some characters just haven't been shown one yet, but they all have one. This is why I said that Nate could win. It's not a certainty though.

Last edited by Stoic on Nov 14th, 2014 at 08:01 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 07:58 AM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
If he went back in time he would self BFR himself, and the battle would be over. The Hulk was also stated to have no limit by the Beyonder. They all have a limit. Some characters just haven't been shown one yet, but they all have one. This is why I said that Nate could win. It's not a certainty though.

Maybe he could take hulk back in time with him(so technically they are still fighting and its not bfr) and kill that times banner and that would make hulk never exist.

Either way hulk has no way of hurting atom and we both agree he wins.

Atom literally has too many tools and he is way too fast for hulk and he cannot be hurt by physical means.

New 52 cap atom is a badass.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 08:08 AM
carver9

Hulk stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 01:00 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Hulk stomps.

And you have read zero captain atom.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 02:25 PM
carver9

And you have read zero captain atom.

Lol...you didn't even know about his run in with Firestorm. No room to talk buddy (even though I've read every last one of his appearances and posted all of his showings on this site).

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 03:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol...you didn't even know about his run in with Firestorm. No room to talk buddy (even though I've read every last one of his appearances and posted all of his showings on this site).

His run in with firestorm i assume was in firestorms own book(and no one has posted scans of this run in) but caps power lvl does not agree with being overloaded because he has been stated to have no limit and he absorbed a sh*t ton of versions of himself from other universes.

He is a reality warper and he energy manipulator, he will absorb hulks energy and or change his physiology.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 03:29 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

absorb his radiation*

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 03:30 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

absorb hulks radiation*

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 03:30 PM
carver9

His run in with firestorm i assume was in firestorms own book(and no one has posted scans of this run in) but caps power lvl does not agree with being overloaded because he has been stated to have no limit and he absorbed a sh*t ton of versions of himself from other universes.

He is a reality warper and he energy manipulator, he will absorb hulks energy and or change his physiology.

You see, this is where you are failing. You're using bios and statements without presentations. Also, Hulks power has been stated as limitless...including his strength. Hell, Pak said Hulk can destroy a Galaxy with a punch. You see where statement get you?

As for the fight, Hulk has fought through all of that before. A weaker Hulk. Who is the most powerful person Atom has warped?

Atom isn't absorbing his power.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 03:33 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

You see, this is where you are failing. You're using bios and statements without presentations. Also, Hulks power has been stated as limitless...including his strength. Hell, Pak said Hulk can destroy a Galaxy with a punch. You see where statement get you?

As for the fight, Hulk has fought through all of that before. A weaker Hulk. Who is the most powerful person Atom has warped?

Not a bio statement, it was stated in atoms own book by scientists, most powerful does not matter when it comes to reality warping, he is faster than the flash and he can travel through time along with the fact he has given people powers and brought people back from the dead, he could easily just make hulk not exist.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 03:36 PM
carver9

Not a bio statement, it was stated in atoms own book by scientists, most powerful does not matter when it comes to reality warping, he is faster than the flash and he can travel through time along with the fact he has given people powers and brought people back from the dead, he could easily just make hulk not exist.

If he goes back in time, that's self bfr.

You're using statements. Captain Atom would lose in a statement war with the Hulk.

When it comes to warping, especially against a guy who has fought through it, it does matter. Now again, who is the most powerful being Atom has warped?

Lol...Prove that he is faster than Flash.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 03:41 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

This guy's using comic vine way of debate lol.

Dcnu C. Atom so far lacks the combat feat to win despite having a good powerset.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 04:22 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote