KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » This particular Captain Marvel Vs Silver Surfer

This particular Captain Marvel Vs Silver Surfer
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

This particular Captain Marvel Vs Silver Surfer

(please log in to view the image)

VS

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 10:40 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Didn't you say Surfer was mid meta?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 10:53 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Didn't you say Surfer was mid meta?

I would say surfer fluctuates, at times he is in the mid meta range.

IE when Black Panther is soloing Silver Surfer in a 1v1 via cosmic arm bar maneuver.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:01 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Board Walker
I would say surfer fluctuates, at times he is in the mid meta range.

IE when Black Panther is soloing Silver Surfer in a 1v1 via cosmic arm bar maneuver.

I'd say that's PIS rather than Surfer being Mid Meta.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:04 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I'd say that's PIS rather than Surfer being Mid Meta.

Not PIS at all, it was entirely logical and explained why it worked. SS is humanoid in shape, and thus despite his strength he is still entirely vulnerable to anti-humanoid tactics, which places him in the mid meta range.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:05 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Not PIS at all, it was entirely logical and explained why it worked. SS is humanoid in shape, and thus despite his strength he is still entirely vulnerable to anti-humanoid tactics, which places him in the mid meta range.

I know what happened in the comic as you explaine dbut I believe it was PIS.

I'd disagree so I can't argue any further.

I just don't believe your Mid Meta comment.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:10 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I know what happened in the comic as you explaine dbut I believe it was PIS.

I'd disagree so I can't argue any further.

I just don't believe your Mid Meta comment.

Well interestingly enough Surfer has been defeated by anti-humanoid tactics throughout his comic history, which is another reason why I do not think it is PIS. It has happened many times.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:11 PM
carver9

Surfer tells us in the same issue that he let Panther do that.

Mcduffie also confirms this in his interview.

http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/vi...&start=1830

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:27 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Surfer tells us in the same issue that he let Panther do that.

Mcduffie also confirms this in his interview.

http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/vi...&start=1830

At the end of the interview he states that his comments are not canon, and the only canon thing is what happened on panel. This is because ex writers can change their mind from moment to moment, and that somethings were never decided.

It is merely speculation if Surfer allowed him to do that, and not canon (stated by the ex writer himself). What is canon is that BP restrained Surfer with a cosmic arm bar.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:31 PM
carver9

At the end of the interview he states that his comments are not canon, and the only canon thing is what happened on panel. This is because ex writers can change their mind from moment to moment, and that somethings were never decided.

It is merely speculation if Surfer allowed him to do that, and not canon (stated by the ex writer himself). What is canon is that BP restrained Surfer with a cosmic arm bar.

He tells us in the interview that Surfer allowed him to do it. Surfer wanted to hear more from Panther. You can ignore it if you want but it doesn't make you right.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:40 PM
Board Walker

He tells us in the interview that Surfer allowed him to do it. Surfer wanted to hear more from Panther. You can ignore it if you want but it doesn't make you right.

Carver....you are an agent?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 11:51 PM
bbrem123

hahaha surfer at meta level. What a joke

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 01:15 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Yeah, it's not like Surfer can change shape at will like this:
http://i.imgur.com/740pcif.jpg

Or this:
http://i.imgur.com/QFpPQQk.jpg

Or this:
http://i.imgur.com/OnkaJFn.jpg

Or this:
http://i.imgur.com/g3GcN6l.jpg

Puts things into perspective doesn't it?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 04:00 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Not to mention, IIRC, Panther had already used a device which temporarily DRAINED Surfer before the armbar. Weakened Surfer. That puts it into even more perspective

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 04:23 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote