KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How powerful was Mathew Malloy

How powerful was Mathew Malloy
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

How powerful was Mathew Malloy

If not for time foolery, how powerful was Matthew Malloy?

What was his weight class? How do you rank him?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 09:19 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

He was able to resist a telepathic assault from Exodus. And due to Exodus p'ing him off he (if I can explain it this way) exploded the inside of his head. Putting Exodus into a coma.

Xavier also mentioned that he was giving (i think either phrased as) "the biggest source Cerebro detected" or something. And he was kept a secret because of that.

It's hard to place a specific level but he definitely seemed like he was in the Herald tier easily. If he had gotten more writing I could see him being a Trans tier. He was very powerful.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Sep 1st, 2015 at 09:29 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 09:25 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, he was implied to be up there. Had a full story developed he probably would have been a typical trans or above threat that everyone bands together to stop.

But Eva's time shenanigans put a stop to that. Matthew didn't last since the arc was supposed to be about the failures of Cyclop's and Professor X's differing ideologies. If Bendis were a better writer, the story could have a been good too.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 1st, 2015 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 09:50 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, he was implied to be up there. Had a full story developed he probably would have been a typical trans or above threat that everyone bands together to stop.

But Eva's time shenanigans put a stop to that. Matthew didn't last since the arc was supposed to be about the failures of Cyclop's and Professor X's differing ideologies. If Bendis were a better writer, the story could have a been good too.

thumb up

Damn Bendis. I praise him for bringing Sentry back. But he's such a divisive figure with how he does things. Can write a character good for a while then messes up the next 10.

But then I remember not to criticise him too much lest he sets his gang onto me.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 09:56 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

I rank him at high herald lvl...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 09:27 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

laughing laughing laughing

Best. Pic. Ever.

I recognize Aaron, Bendis and Fraction, who are the other two?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 11:02 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing laughing laughing

Best. Pic. Ever.

I recognize Aaron, Bendis and Fraction, who are the other two?

I think Hickman is there too (to the right of Bendis).

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 12:03 PM
StyleTime

But then I remember not to criticise him too much lest he sets his gang onto me.

It's like a middle aged boy band.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 08:14 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I think Hickman is there too (to the right of Bendis).

So the one on the left of Aaron must be Pak, then?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2015 10:01 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

He seemed about as impressive as Mr. M to me.

I'd rank him roughly in the same tier as Mercator.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2015 03:14 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote