KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Most Quantifiable Strength Feats

Most Quantifiable Strength Feats
Started by: bluewaterrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

Most Quantifiable Strength Feats

Looking for things with measurable/guessable numbers associated with them, like say the weight of a car, truck, gallon of milk, etcetera.

Can be from the comics or elsewhere so long as it's fairly consistent.

So, yes even short clips like the following are acceptable as submissions for discussion:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ntIUhXW7Jg

(In case this short clip is ever deleted by YouTube, it estimates how strong Spider-Man is based on the known weights of the things he handles, catches, flings, etcetera in the recent Civil War movie.)

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 01:47 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Superman lifted the weight of Earth.
Hulk lifting the weight of a Sun.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 01:49 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

superman lifting infinity.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 02:23 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 02:29 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I like how he's doing it one-handed too. And not just bracing it either. Look at his arm in both panels.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 02:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ghostman
superman lifting infinity.

I think he is askiing for solo fts.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 03:10 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by -Pr-
I like how he's doing it one-handed too. And not just bracing it either. Look at his arm in both panels.
thumb up

That feat is about as 'quantifiable' as it gets.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 03:12 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

The questions are what is he standing on that could weight a building on a planet? and what is the arm coming from or made of that can produce that force?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 03:32 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9

Hulk can't lift shit, you know it, I know itthumb up

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 03:33 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

I think he is askiing for solo fts.

half of infinity is still infinity laughing laughing

nice try though.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 03:45 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

How much did the sun weigh? How big was it? Remember, the OP asked for quantifiable feats.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 04:39 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
... Remember, the OP asked for quantifiable feats.

Yeah, that was about the only thing i was going to comment on.
Didnt take long for the OP to be ignored.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 04:49 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

No.

Infinity isn't quantifiable, either, lol.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 04:53 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

To clarify, I don't mind duo or group feats, since the model I gave, Spider-Man catching and supporting the boarding bridge to a Boeing 747, leaves the possibility of arguing the unseen portion of the damaged bridge was actually supporting part of the weight of the structure, and therefore acting as a "partner" of sorts.

Unambiguous, clearly defined or measured solo feats with good evidence they represent the upper limits of the character (for the ones without dynamic power fluctuations, that is) are the ideal, though.

Hence, Superman benching Earth is more ideal than Hulk lifting the weight of a sun of indeterminate size, mass, and density.
Note that supplying information that the sun was equal in all ways to OUR Sun, however, in other words putting confirmable and objectively greater solid numbers on the feat (i.e. "quantifying" it), would then make the Hulk feat superior.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 08:22 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
would then make the Hulk feat superior.

Dont you mean would make the Hulk feat quantifiable?
Or is this a "who's stronger thread?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 09:29 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Also, is infinity a quantity? That would pretty much be the question revolving round and round....

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 09:53 AM
riv6672

^^^You spin me right round baby.

http://www.realclearscience.com/blo...s-not-real.html

The question centers on whether Infinity (∞wink is a quantity, or amount. Amounts are sizes and distances and tallies -- and they are represented by numbers. Numbers only have importance relative to other numbers. Infinity, however, ruins all number comparisons.Aug 7, 2013

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 10:41 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by riv6672
Dont you mean would make the Hulk feat quantifiable?
Or is this a "who's stronger thread?

The underlying assumption, when somebody presents someone moving a sun in a comic book strength thread, as this one has been titled and presented, is that "sun is much bigger and more massive than Earth, therefore much heavier".

If we're talking about the "actual" solar system Sun, that's true.

And if you go back to the Golden and Silver Ages of comics (which I have no problem with anyone doing in this thread, by the way), you will indeed see images of people towing the "actual" many-times-heavier-than-Earth Sun around.

But not every time you see a sun mentioned in comics can you assume the "actual" Sun of "our" Solar System is being used.

It's numbers I want. Hopefully for a wide range of characters, and I don't really care the era or incarnation of the character, either.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 10:48 AM
riv6672

Thank you for the wall of text that didnt answer my question.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 10:50 AM
DarkSaint85

The Hulk feat actually specified that he had the weight of a star weighing on his back. Not a sun, or the Sun.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 10:50 AM