KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Maelstrom (IG saga) v.s. New52 AntiMonitor

Maelstrom (IG saga) v.s. New52 AntiMonitor
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeadpoolXXX

Maelstrom (IG saga) v.s. New52 AntiMonitor

maelstrom w. anomaly+q-bands+Eon-
http://oi64.tinypic.com/729ico.jpg

v.s.

New52 Anti monitor w. ALE-
http://oi64.tinypic.com/zweotw.jpg

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 12:01 AM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

AM.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 12:28 AM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 01:07 AM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Gruenwald was a bit inconsistent in regards to comparing cosmic power levels in his Quasar series. I mean, he stated that the quantum bands are on the same level as the soul gems (infinity gems), the cosmic cube, and the ultimate nullifier (outright stated).

Back to the point though, yes, Maelstrom was implied to be superior to Thanos but we know for a fact that he was still below Oblivion (who is equal to the four abstracts, who in turn are below IG Thanos). So make of that what you will. Personally, i think Maelstrom was intended to be somewhere between Galactus (whom he was shown to be superior to) and Eternity, thus below AM.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 01:19 AM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This is how the battle would play out...

AM: "Kill yourself!"

Maelstrom:

/battle
/thread
smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 01:25 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

i dont think u guys are giving credit where credits due. erm

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 01:31 AM
Senor Cage

AM.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 02:14 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
i dont think u guys are giving credit where credits due. erm
Or perhaps it is you who aren't giving the ALE its proper credit..?

After all, the ALE enables its wielder to take control of ANY sentient being(s)/entity(s) -- a fact AM demonstrated on the Black Racer(who is literally a universal aspect of Death itself):
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

*If the ALE can control a Death abstract without issue, it can control Maelstrom without issue. Imho. smile

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 02:50 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Or perhaps it is you who aren't giving the ALE its proper credit..?

After all, the ALE enables its wielder to take control of ANY sentient being(s)/entity(s) -- a fact AM demonstrated on the Black Racer(who is literally a universal aspect of Death itself) If the ALE can control a Death abstract without issue, it can control Maelstrom without issue. Imho. smile

What about the fact that this is Anomaly Maelstrom? You don't think Anomaly's nature would allow it to resist or somehow bypass the ALE's power? I mean it was the Anomaly aspect of his power that was going to allow Maelstrom to survive his destruction of creation.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 03:37 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You're right in a sense: Anomaly's abstractual role made it sound pretty haxx on paper- "I am the embodiment of all things that are like no other thing [...] I obey NO physical laws. I am the exception to ALL rules.":
http://i.imgur.com/BEHl7Rc.jpg

However, Anomaly was still a pretty low-level cosmic entity that could be beaten just by thinking paradoxically:
http://i.imgur.com/P9tXe9k.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Sq7QPEe.jpg
"The key to dealing with Anomaly is Paradox! Doing what DOESN'T work [...] By trying to lose, I've WON!"

So yeah, I don't see it being too much of an obstacle for the ALE.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 10th, 2017 at 06:58 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 06:47 AM
Horrificus

Maelstrom

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 09:00 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

ALE is pretty haxx. I don't see AM losing.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2017 09:19 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote