KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ultimate Ultimates vs Thanos w/ Classic IG

Ultimate Ultimates vs Thanos w/ Classic IG
Started by: Blockythe1guy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blockythe1guy

Ultimate Ultimates vs Thanos w/ Classic IG

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:05 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Re: Ultimate Ultimates vs Thanos w/ Classic IG

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blockythe1guy
Can Eternity's Ultimate able to defeat Thanos and the IG?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wUDVJYaPK...1600/RCO025.jpg

vs

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...ntlet_super.jpg

The Classic Infinity Gaunlet? Then yes. Eternity is now Multiversal while the iG is Universal. However, since cosmic entities have been upgrades to Multiversal Status then there should be a Multiversal Infinity Gaunlet now.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:41 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The cosmic hierarchy has changed so until they firmly nail down where these Ultimate Ultimates rank, no one can tell.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 11:41 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

it depends on how you view the eternity of eternity that thanos overthrew. if you thought it represented the multiverse, he could have a chance i guess. it also depends on how much you feel thanos had to exert to beat eternity.

i think the eternity he beat was only a universal concept, and i don't think it was completely easy for him to beat that version. ergo, i think the team would sh!tstomp thanos without effort. /shrug

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 12:04 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

It took him very little effort tbh. Death was also restrained. Death is everywhere therefore Thanos had to be operating at power levels above merely universal. Doom at his most powerful would shitstomp the Ultimate Ultimates as well. The retcon of the IG was and is ass. It made no sense, We can focus on the part when he reduced his power level to contend with the heroes but we would leave out the part of when he reduced his stature. It would be like saying the Starbrand was weak because Kevin was hurt by being stabbed by a butcher knife when he was powered down.

Last edited by Stoic on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 04:02 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Any member of the team would solo him.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 04:23 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Stoic
It took him very little effort tbh. Death was also restrained. Death is everywhere therefore Thanos had to be operating at power levels above merely universal. Doom at his most powerful would shitstomp the Ultimate Ultimates as well. The retcon of the IG was and is ass. It made no sense, We can focus on the part when he reduced his power level to contend with the heroes but we would leave out the part of when he reduced his stature. It would be like saying the Starbrand was weak because Kevin was hurt by being stabbed by a butcher knife when he was powered down.

death is everywhere true, but there are universal and mutliversal embodiments of death as well so it could just be universal death you're referencing. i just don't see thanos having taken over every alternate universe and every single dimension in the multiverse. far simpler to say he ruled one universe, which outs the ig just above universal (or absolutely universal). i think any of the team would crush him. /shrug

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 09:59 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
death is everywhere true, but there are universal and mutliversal embodiments of death as well so it could just be universal death you're referencing. i just don't see thanos having taken over every alternate universe and every single dimension in the multiverse. far simpler to say he ruled one universe, which outs the ig just above universal (or absolutely universal). i think any of the team would crush him. /shrug

They didn't do anything to warrant your feelings on the matter though. I mean really step back and take a good hard look at what they did. We don't really know what level the abstracts were on that Thanos subdued, all we know is that he did it easily. The retcon later came into play so that we can now attempt to nerf the IG's full power. He also resisted nullification. He was written to be omnipotent. If this omnipotence spanned the universe, wouldn't that mean that he possessed all power in that universe? To me that would mean that if the Ultimate Ultimates, or UU for short, would be under his power in a universal setting. But still the question remains as to what they actually did on panel to warrant scoring a victory in a forum setting. That's all I'm saying.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 11:02 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oh i agree--we know very little about them. what we do know is that only ONE was needed to effortlessly bind the first firmament though, and we know for sure they are representatives of their respective multiverses.

like i said, how you determine thanos's level of power is up to you. WELL before the retcon i argued that his feat was only universal, so certainly my opinion on this has been set for a long while. /shrug

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 11:43 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

With the IG, Thanos had external control over a universe.
With HOTI, he was a universe.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 06:09 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote