KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC vs Thor hammer

DC vs Thor hammer
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

DC vs Thor hammer

Who in DC is WORTHY enough to lift Thor hammer? Please explain your answer.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 07:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Wonder Woman because obvious reasons.

Maybe Batman?

I also bet a couple of lanterns might be. Hal,kyle or allan?

Cassandra Cain maybe?

And no, I am not giving a reason because I don't have one

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 08:23 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

It all depends on what we define as worthy.

For instance, Thor is a mass murderer. Doesn’t matter what his reasonings were, he has killed many people by his hands and by his actions. Yet he’s worthy. Why is that?

Is it his strong will believing everything his done was the right choice, or his convictions in himself. If so, why couldn’t the Joker wield the hammer. We know Joker has a strong conviction in himself.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 08:40 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Bruce and Grayson are worthy

Diana she is definitely worthy

Both Barry Allen and Wally West should be worthy

Alfred is worthy

Jim Gordon should be

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 08:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I think being willing to kill is one of several things that make one worthy

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 08:54 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
It all depends on what we define as worthy.

For instance, Thor is a mass murderer. Doesn’t matter what his reasonings were, he has killed many people by his hands and by his actions. Yet he’s worthy. Why is that?

Is it his strong will believing everything his done was the right choice, or his convictions in himself. If so, why couldn’t the Joker wield the hammer. We know Joker has a strong conviction in himself.
the last time I checked, he really only kills when there's no other way or when it's for the sake of saving lives.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 08:55 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Superman is the obvious answer. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

There is only one person on the list

Wonder Woman

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:14 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Love how a lot of you are still stuck in the 90s with the definition of 'warrior' and 'worthiness'.

Jane Foster lifted it. Odin couldn't. One doesn't have to be a warrior in the 'engages in physical fisticuffs' to be worthy.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:27 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Most people consider that story-line to be sh!t.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:32 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Superman
Hal
WonderWoman

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:37 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Silent Master
Most people consider that story-line to be sh!t.

Still canon, alas.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:38 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

The struggle makes u worthy.

Jane became worthy becuz there had to be a "Thor". Also Thor couldnt lift the hammer cuz he started to believe no god is worthy of serving mortals.
At least i think thats what Aaron was trying to convey.

Could be wrong.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Aug 21st, 2019 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:39 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Odin was just misogynistic, lol.

And if struggle was all that's needed, and 'there always has to be a Thor', what if Spidey had chanced upon Mewmew? Or one of those dirty muties?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:47 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Still canon, alas.

True, but without either an explanation or more examples of people succeeding and/or failing to lift Mjolnir. we can't really determine what the new rules are.

That is why I'm sticking to the classic rules.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 09:48 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Superman
Wonder Woman
Hal

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 10:02 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: DC vs Thor hammer

Originally posted by carver9
Who in DC is WORTHY enough to lift Thor hammer? Please explain your answer.

LOIS LANE

BECAUSE SHE'S A WOMAN

Illiterate, too.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 10:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I think the worthiness comes from whoever is willing to sacrifice everything for a just cause in the face of insurmountable odds that may result in the death of others....or something

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 10:06 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thor was never willing to sacrifice anything.

He just wanted to flex his muscles and drink beer with Hercules.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 10:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Galan007
Superman is the obvious answer. smile
Superman overpowers the enchantment, that's different from being worthy. thumb down

Old Post Aug 21st, 2019 10:25 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote