KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Presence vs The One Above All

The Presence vs The One Above All
Started by: deft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deft

The Presence vs The One Above All

Who wins?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 02:34 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

Presence wins.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 07:17 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

I've always backed The One Above All in this fight. They're both supposed to be the Gods (capital G) of their respective universes, but only The One Above All is a metaphysical being and the actual embodiment of the writer. It's whoever writes the story and has the say over everything... in a slight character form. There is no one else above The One Above All. He is above everyone else.

The Presence on the other hand... has had somewhat limitations in comics. And out of his / her / its mouth, there are other higher, more powerful forces (and in that instance I'd say that the Presence was referring to the writer (who would also be The One Above All)).
Then there is also the Great Evil Beast, which played a part in the Presences role in the DC universe... which again speaks against one true Alpha and the Omega such as The One Above All is.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 07:37 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

lol TOAA is JK Rollings right?

dumbass

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t640871.html

Presence flicks him away

Trash above All is not omnipotent anymore, he gets his shit pushed in by Thanos who only became a single universe for crying out loud

and marvel bois still trying to compare him to the superior dc cosmology?

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by MrMind on Oct 20th, 2019 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 08:14 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 08:15 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

One Above All wins.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 09:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Both are equal, Presence might have an edge

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 09:06 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

carver is forever wrong, I don't even need to click [here] to know who he picks

the opponent of whoever carver picks is the correct answer

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 09:21 PM
Enzeru

LOL @ trying to use Jim Starlins Thanos' stories as a counter-argument. Everything Jim Starlin wrote after Infinity Gauntlet has been non-canon. The One Above All stomps. I am right and you are wrong.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 09:26 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enzeru
but only The One Above All is a metaphysical being and the actual embodiment of the writer. It's whoever writes the story and has the say over everything... in a slight character form. There is no one else above The One Above All. He is above everyone else.
TOAA is a character who operates within the confines of Marvel's cosmological hierarchy, just like the Presence is a character who operates within the confines of DC's cosmological hierarchy. They should, in theory, be equal(even though Marvel's TOAA has recently been portrayed as laughably finite/fallible.)

However, writer avatars playing the role of 'Supreme Being'(which both companies also have) are completely different entities, imo. That side of things just comes down to fiction vs. metafiction.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 09:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

LOL @ trying to use Jim Starlins Thanos' stories as a counter-argument. Everything Jim Starlin wrote after Infinity Gauntlet has been non-canon. The One Above All stomps. I am right and you are wrong.

trash above all is forever a joke, marvel fanboys like you can go cry

Presence yawns and let his Lucifer finish the job for him

Starlin comics are marvel canon, toaa is retconned to above all others, and he cannot fix one universe cry about that fact

I mean you think fulcrum>presence so I don't even bother,

there's no lols to be had just headshakes and facepalms

it's like every marvel fanboy lives in their own little world

quote:

The One Above All is actually the most powerful fictional being in all of existence. It's the writer, who commands the entire fictional universe and that universe is so big, that only the DC universe rivals it in size. Nothing else does. Maybe if you combined all of the existing anime and manga into one omniverse and made the God of that universe the avatar of the writer. Then you would have a new number 1. But for now it's Marvel, because DC doesn't have something like The One Above All. I've already shown multiple times that the Writer from DC is simply not the same metatextual being that The One Above All is. And the Presence is also only a mere character in the DC universe. The most powerful one, but one that has been created by others. The One Above All is the others.

quote:

The One Above All created the Presence.
Because The One Above All is the outside force that birthed the Presence into existence in the first place

did one above all created you too enzeru?

quote:

There are other fictional universes, where the writer puts themself in their own story. If JK Rowling put herself in the Harry Potter universe as The Writer / The God, would she be as powerful as The One Above All? Of course not, because the Harry Potter universe consists out of ONE universe, where Marvel consists out of an omniverse, which contains countless multiverses, which contain countless universes. And The One Above All is the writer and supreme ruler of that omniverse.

or this one is my favorite, TOAA more powerful than JK Rowlings

you can't make this up laughing

Last edited by MrMind on Oct 20th, 2019 at 09:48 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 09:38 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Stalemate. Same power over all things.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 09:57 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Both are equal, Presence might have an edge

Pretty much.

They are both supposed to be omnipotent. Both have very limited showings.

And both will succumb to bad writing... if any writer suddenly decides to wipe his ass with them...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 10:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

lol @ TOAA being the strongest fictional being. Azathoth from Lovecraft mythos would wipe his multi-tentacled ass with TOAA.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 01:50 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by CosmicComet

lol @ TOAA being the strongest fictional being. Azathoth from Lovecraft mythos would wipe his multi-tentacled ass with TOAA.

Don't be so biased. I love me some good Lovecraftian stories, but your blind idiot god, whose biggest claim to awesomeness is creation being its dreams... is still at the very max only a ruler over a fairly small fictional universe.

The One Above All on the other hand is the ruler over the biggest fictional universe we know: Marvel comics. Name me one universe, which is bigger and has more stories, more characters and so on. The only universe, which can somewhat compete is the DC universe, but the DC universe has been retconned many times over and a lot of the stuff from the past has been taken out of the discussion.

Also, if we're being super anal about it, then HP Lovecraft himself, the grand daddy of everything Lovecraftian, didn't even mention the multiverse in his stories. That idea didn't even exist back in the day and was only established years after his death. So you have The One Above All, the ruler of the Marvel OMNIVERSE (more than one simple multiverse) and on the other hand you have Azathoth, the ruler of one UNIVERSE (so much less than a simple multiverse). I wonder, who the more powerful fictional being is. Nah, I actually don't.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 06:59 AM
CosmicComet

Ugh. Jesus Christ.

Azathoth is dreaming up infinite layers of OUTERverses. I.E. each layer is above mere concepts of space, time, existence, non-existence, above infinite spatial dimensions etc.

Not a single universe.

TOAA is a hyperversal being at absolute best. Mxy by feats shits on him.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Oct 21st, 2019 at 10:34 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 10:30 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Don't be so biased.

laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 11:51 AM
Enzeru

Originally posted by CosmicComet

Azathoth is dreaming up infinite layers of OUTERverses. I.E. each layer is above mere concepts of space, time, existence, non-existence, above infinite spatial dimensions etc.

Not a single universe.

As I said, the only interesting and mention-worthy thing about Azathoth is the idea... no, THE SPECULATION that existence is a dream of his and that if he wakes up everything would come to an end. Which is why there is a bunch of Eldritch Abominations around him, playing music and keeping him asleep.
A similar concept applied to the Pre-Retcon Beyonder, whose thoughts formed reality and cows didn't have wings, because he didn't want them to. And he was still below The One Above All.

HP Lovecraft was hyping up concepts outside of space and time. These concepts exist in Marvel as well and they're lower on the food chain, when compared to the actual big dogs like The One Above All, Living Tribunal and others.

You have Eldritch Abominations (The Many Angled Ones) in the Marvel universe as well and they're kinda... not that powerful. Shuma-Gorath is one and it's like... Who gives a shit about Shuma-Gorath? Isn't Yog-Sothoth, one of the most powerful Lovecraftian Horrors part of the Marvel omniverse? There no one gives a shit about him either.

Why am I even debating this non-sense? The One Above All turns all Eldritch Abominations into sea food.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 11:56 AM
MrMind

marvel isn't even CLOSE to the top fictional verse, people are now more informed than 10 years ago when everyone thought beyonder was the shit

DC, Lovecraft, Umineko, I shall seal the heavens or Chinese XianXia novels are the strongest verses in fiction

there's a reason vsbattles has retconned TOAA to tier 1A, marvel has only 2 tier 1A, no tier 0

while DC has 14 tier 1A, 2 tier 0

current marvel multiverse isn't even infinite
on the other hand DC has infinite multiverses with higher level of existences to reach archetypal infinity
completely different level

on another note it's interesting to see Lovecraft was published by vertigo, that means lovecraft cosmology is included in DC via hypertime

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 12:09 PM
DarkSaint85

Don't be so biased. I love me some good Lovecraftian stories, but your blind idiot god, whose biggest claim to awesomeness is creation being its dreams... is still at the very max only a ruler over a fairly small fictional universe.

The One Above All on the other hand is the ruler over the biggest fictional universe we know: Marvel comics. Name me one universe, which is bigger and has more stories, more characters and so on. The only universe, which can somewhat compete is the DC universe, but the DC universe has been retconned many times over and a lot of the stuff from the past has been taken out of the discussion.

Also, if we're being super anal about it, then HP Lovecraft himself, the grand daddy of everything Lovecraftian, didn't even mention the multiverse in his stories. That idea didn't even exist back in the day and was only established years after his death. So you have The One Above All, the ruler of the Marvel OMNIVERSE (more than one simple multiverse) and on the other hand you have Azathoth, the ruler of one UNIVERSE (so much less than a simple multiverse). I wonder, who the more powerful fictional being is. Nah, I actually don't.

The DCU has as a subset, the Vertigo verse.

Which includes the Unwritten verse.

Which includes ALL of fiction. Moby Dick, Marvel, 1001 nights, the Bible, Frankenstein etc....

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 12:19 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote