KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Marvel team vs Dc team

Marvel team vs Dc team
Started by: Charles ASX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Charles ASX

Marvel team vs Dc team

Iron man
Spider man
Human torch
Wolverine
Elektra
Emma frost
Storm
Medusa
Falcon
Karnak
Vs
Nightwing
Orion
Maxima
Starfire
Cyborg
Big barda
Starman
Aqualad
Steel
Raven

Who win?
Explain.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 08:59 AM
Charles ASX is currently offline Click here to Send Charles ASX a Private Message Find more posts by Charles ASX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Maxima and Barda are enough.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 09:08 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes

yep, dc stomps

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 11:42 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Enough to occupy Wolverine for a whole panel?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 11:51 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Orion? Marvel needs heavier hitters.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 06:39 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

This match us seriously skewed DC's side.
Completely unfair

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 01:33 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

It is skewed towards DC’s favor, but this is a prime example of how low KMC has sunk.

Once upon a time KMC was full of comic book connoisseurs who had a good understanding of characters from DC, Marvel and other houses, and debates were actually very entertaining. Sure, we had the usual (primarily) Marvel fanboy even back, for example Wolverine8888 who thought Wolverine could defeat everyone, but it was largely a good solid place.

Recently that has changed. You have (primarily Marvel fanboy) posters who don’t read comics and base their ‘knowledge’ on fanboyism, Wikipedia entries and/or MCU movies. They then POST based on that limited knowledge.

Which is why you have a thread like Witchmarked WonderWoman versus Dark Phoenix Jean Gray (the poster knows JG is powerful, but has ZERO idea of Witchmarked WW, and thus thinks that is a good matchup), or Flash versus Quicksilver (in the MCU QS was fast, and in the DC movies Flash was not as impressive, so the poster thinks it’s a good fight - when the truth is in comics the speed difference between the two is huge); or even Superman vs Hulk (I’ll not get into this one, but let’s say it’s Hulk vs Superman is like having the Hulk fight another Hulk, but this second Hulk on top of strength and durability can also fly, that can move at super speed, that has supersenses, that can shoot fire, ice, wind ....and saying that the two are equals. When one Hulk is just Hulk, and the second is Hulk with the additional powers of an X-Men team jacked up).

Anyway, that’s what has happened to the forum.

Highly ONE-SIDED opinions and lack of understanding of how KMC conducts forum fights. For example, in a comic book Batman can defeat Spider-Man. But in a forum fight, without stipulations (such as prep for Batman), Spider-Man would defeat Batman every time (Parker is really a beast). Or Deathstroke vs Flash - in comics DS has knocked out the Flash. In a forum fight any of the major Flashes could kill and resuscitate Slade millions of times before Slade even knew anything had happened.

Anyway, rant over. But that’s KMC now. I don’t even think most people know who (or what) Orion is.

It’s honestly shameful.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 01:55 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by spetznaz
It is skewed towards DC’s favor, but this is a prime example of how low KMC has sunk.

Once upon a time KMC was full of comic book connoisseurs who had a good understanding of characters from DC, Marvel and other houses, and debates were actually very entertaining. Sure, we had the usual (primarily) Marvel fanboy even back, for example Wolverine8888 who thought Wolverine could defeat everyone, but it was largely a good solid place.

Recently that has changed. You have (primarily Marvel fanboy) posters who don’t read comics and base their ‘knowledge’ on fanboyism, Wikipedia entries and/or MCU movies. They then POST based on that limited knowledge.

Which is why you have a thread like Witchmarked WonderWoman versus Dark Phoenix Jean Gray (the poster knows JG is powerful, but has ZERO idea of Witchmarked WW, and thus thinks that is a good matchup), or Flash versus Quicksilver (in the MCU QS was fast, and in the DC movies Flash was not as impressive, so the poster thinks it’s a good fight - when the truth is in comics the speed difference between the two is huge); or even Superman vs Hulk (I’ll not get into this one, but let’s say it’s Hulk vs Superman is like having the Hulk fight another Hulk, but this second Hulk on top of strength and durability can also fly, that can move at super speed, that has supersenses, that can shoot fire, ice, wind ....and saying that the two are equals. When one Hulk is just Hulk, and the second is Hulk with the additional powers of an X-Men team jacked up).

Highly ONE-SIDED opinions and lack of understanding of how KMC conducts forum fights. For example, in a comic book Batman can defeat Spider-Man. But in a forum fight, without stipulations (such as prep for Batman), Spider-Man would defeat Batman every time (Parker is really a beast). Or Deathstroke vs Flash - in comics DS has knocked out the Flash. In a forum fight any of the major Flashes could kill and resuscitate Slade millions of times before Slade even knew anything had happened.

Anyway, rant over. But that’s KMC now. I don’t even think most people know who (or what) Orion is.

It’s honestly shameful.

beautiful post, couldn't have said it better myself

thumb up

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 02:44 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 09:13 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Superman and Hulk are nothing alike, not even in strength, healing, invulnerability. Nothing!!! Superman is strong but Hulk is Hulk, he defines strength while getting more powerful (not just in strength) by the second. If he was just a brute with defined power, I would agree with everything you said but as of right now, he is the most powerful being on Earth amongst men just like Superman. smile

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 09:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

@Spetznez

Very good post and assessment. 👍

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 09:40 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by carver9
Superman and Hulk are nothing alike, not even in strength, healing, invulnerability. Nothing!!! Superman is strong but Hulk is Hulk, he defines strength while getting more powerful (not just in strength) by the second. If he was just a brute with defined power, I would agree with everything you said but as of right now, he is the most powerful being on Earth amongst men just like Superman. smile

You missed my point entirely. I was not comparing strength levels. I was saying that, even IF they were peers (one might actually disagree on that one, but I have always considered them peers), the fact still remains that Superman simply brings MUCH more to the table.

Sure, if they were to stand on one spot and trade punches for a long time then it can be an argument.

And in comics that is probably what would be shown - but then again we saw Batman kick Hulk in the stomach to make him inhale knockout gas, so comics have a lot of PIS/CIS.

In a forum fight it’s a whole other kettle of fish. Bruce Wayne doesn’t hurt Hulk, Deathstroke doesn’t tag Flash, Superman doesn’t stand still two feet away from the Hulk and trade blows.

-> Anyway, you missed my point. You went to strength, healing and invulnerability. You missed my point that Superman is simply FAR more than just that.

It is comparing a Virginia Class nuclear submarine versus another Virginia Class nuclear submarine ....that can also go into space, phase through mountains and whistle Dixie while making you pancakes.

Whole other level bro!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 09:43 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

I understand your point clearly, but I'll use an Star Trek analogy since not too many may be familiar with the Virginia class submarines.........it's like comparing Kirk's USS Enterprise to Picard's USS Enterprise which is a hundred years more advanced, but you have to forgive Carver9 here, saying anything remotely negative about Hulk is like insulting a close member of his family. 😊

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 09:55 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Superman is more versatile just like Surfer is far more versatile than Superman with speed showings proving he can visually see Superman (which would be the argument that most would use to make a fight between the 2 comparable) and even I admit that even Surfer is a thousand times more versatile (can even argue more powerful as well), Superman will not be stomped by him because things just doesnt work like that. That's my point.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 09:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

And yes, Surfer have elite strength, high end durability, can shoot heat vision from his eyes, can make a sandwich at Super speed, can control temperature (ice breath), and have super senses along with 100s of more abilities.

smile

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 09:58 PM
MrMind

regarding this fight

Raven at her height of power can solo. Orion can solo, Maxima can solo

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 10:13 PM
Charles ASX

😓

Last edited by Charles ASX on Apr 2nd, 2020 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 05:49 AM
Charles ASX is currently offline Click here to Send Charles ASX a Private Message Find more posts by Charles ASX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charles ASX

Originally posted by Charles ASX
I chose the characters that I thought would make a good fight but considering your crying it seems that you were too sorry for the supposed "advantage" that I "purposely" gave to DC. it is somewhat "ironic" that you criticize an alleged fanboy when you are clearly one.

It’s honestly shameful.

I chose the characters that I thought would make a good fight but considering your crying it seems that you were too sorry for the supposed "advantage" that I "purposely" gave to DC. it is somewhat "ironic" that you criticize an alleged fanboy when you are clearly one.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 05:52 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Charles ASX
I chose the characters that I thought would make a good fight

You can't really expect anyone to buy this, do you?

Your Marvel team doesnt have anyone above high meta in the tiers list. Conversely, youve picked 4 low heralds (Raven, Aquaman, Starman, and Big Barda) and three high heralds ( Orion, Maxima, and Cyborg) for team DC.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 03:08 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by beatboks
You can't really expect anyone to buy this, do you?

Your Marvel team doesnt have anyone above high meta in the tiers list. Conversely, youve picked 4 low heralds (Raven, Aquaman, Starman, and Big Barda) and three high heralds ( Orion, Maxima, and Cyborg) for team DC.
Yes it is stacked pretty highly in DC's favor.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 03:17 PM