KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Combat showings High tier

Combat showings High tier
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Combat showings High tier

Out of these 3 characters, which one have the best overall combat showings WITHOUT AMPS. Provide scans showing these people fighting someone and the other person or others know they are in a fight with this person (not sneak attacking). No context, straight up fights. No amps. Oh, and they have to be shown having an advantage during the fight. Going in punching someone a couple of times isn't an advantage.

Contestants...

Silver Surfer
Superman
Hulk
Thor

Go

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on May 16th, 2020 at 05:27 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2020 05:23 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Thor
2. Hulk
3. Surfer
4. Supes

I'll post some scans backing my case in a few

Old Post May 16th, 2020 05:25 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Re: Combat showings High tier

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Provide scans showing these people fighting someone and the other person or others know they are in a fight with this person.

confused

Old Post May 16th, 2020 05:26 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Old Post May 16th, 2020 05:31 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Red Hulk was absorbing radiation for HOURS. It was outright said that he was so amplified that no one (minus Hulk of course) could stop him. He would be completely unstoppable. Hulk breaks his arms and his jaw knocking him out. High showing imo...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 16th, 2020 05:37 PM
carver9

Old Post May 16th, 2020 05:42 PM
MrMind

derp

Old Post May 16th, 2020 05:43 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by MrMind
derp

Old Post May 16th, 2020 06:12 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Don't troll... post showings.

Old Post May 16th, 2020 06:31 PM
DarkSaint85

Carver is a funny guy

Old Post May 16th, 2020 06:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Out of these 3 characters, which one have the best overall combat showings WITHOUT AMPS. Provide scans showing these people fighting someone and the other person or others know they are in a fight with this person (not sneak attacking). No context, straight up fights. No amps. Oh, and they have to be shown having an advantage during the fight. Going in punching someone a couple of times isn't an advantage.

Contestants...

Silver Surfer
Superman
Hulk
Thor

Go
but you have 4 characters carve...

Old Post May 16th, 2020 07:07 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carver is a funny guy

Hilarious. A regular Dave Chappelle

Old Post May 16th, 2020 07:07 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

Thats because Superman's feats speak for themselves

Old Post May 16th, 2020 07:08 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hilarious. A regular Dave Chappelle

No, Chappelle is intentionally funny.

Old Post May 16th, 2020 07:08 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

So post the combat showings for the character that you think presents the best showings.

Old Post May 16th, 2020 07:19 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Thats because Superman's feats speak for themselves

It does?. Post the combat showings that speaks. Don't troll the thread, please.

Old Post May 16th, 2020 07:20 PM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Combat showings High tier

Contestants...

Silver Surfer
Superman
Hulk
Thor

Go

Honestly I would say Superman and Thor (by the way I am giving you the benefit of a doubt Carver and assuming this is a serious thread)

1) I’ll not bother finding the comic to make a scan but it’s from Superman:Unleashed, which is somewhere in my collection.

Superman is fighting Wraith where there powers are neutralized, and he beats Wraith up (who up to that point had been more superior with better control of powers very similar to Kryptonian). Superman explains that unlike Wraith who almost instantly finishes enemies, he has spent a long time fighting people more powerful and thus knows how to fight.

Source: Superman Unleashed

2) Superman (and WonderWoman) are teleported to Valhalla, where they spend CENTURIES fighting. Interesting comic and it even includes DC Thor.

Anyway, that is Kal fighting for centuries hand to hand. Centuries of experience.

Source: Action Comics 761 (very nice read)

3) unfortunately I do not own the comic he has used this in, so I cannot quote the issue (and unlike many here, I prefer to speak of comics I OWN rather than searching for random scans). Anyway, Superman is a master of Torquasm-Rao and Torquasm-Vo, a form of physical and spiritual Kryptonian martial art.

NUMBER 2:
I know many responding are just using bias, but (technically) Superman comes number 2 here. I would genuinely say number 1 because the person I will put as number 1 hasn’t done anything more than ‘smash’ in DECADES, but for now Superman is number 2

WINNER:
Thor!

Classic Thor was a master of everything - mighty magic, warrior born, etc etc etc. Around the time ThunderStrike (Eric Masterson or whatever that Thor wannabe was called) came out in the mid-1980s, it appears Marvel forgot 70% of what Thor could do (primarily his power of the elements and magic, but also his fighting ability) and he basically became more of a puncher/Hulk-Smash type.

I am personally more disappointed in the loss of his abilities rather than the loss of his fighting skill (seriously, Classic Thor has his lows but at his best he was something at an entirely different level).

FINAL READ:
1. Thor (Classic)
2. Superman
3. Hulk
4. SS

SCANS:
As mentioned, I prefer to primarily post from actual ownership (in most cases) rather than blind searches for scans. I’ve put some of the issues above.

And as I mentioned - I am trying to take one of your threads seriously Carver. If I am mistaken to do so, which may very well be the case, just ignore. But considering you’re one of the more prolific thread starters on KMC, and the ‘other’ prolific thread starter is a bit of an imbecile, I thought I try and take yours seriously.

All the best.

Old Post May 16th, 2020 08:11 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

So many comics but im certain Supes and Thor are pretty much 1a and 1b to high end combat showings. Their villain gallery can be so out there so by nature they get a leg up. Hulk suffers from having a more terrestrial viallains list. Surfer has very out there rogues list too like Supes and Thor, but he uses his vast array of powers to avoid direct conflict quite often.

Old Post May 16th, 2020 08:22 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
So many comics but im certain Supes and Thor are pretty much 1a and 1b to high end combat showings. Their villain gallery can be so out there so by nature they get a leg up. Hulk suffers from having a more terrestrial viallains list. Surfer has very out there rogues list too like Supes and Thor, but he uses his vast array of powers to avoid direct conflict quite often.

Exactly

Old Post May 16th, 2020 08:23 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Good post Spetnaz.

Old Post May 16th, 2020 08:38 PM