KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Greatest power creeps in Marvel

Greatest power creeps in Marvel
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Greatest power creeps in Marvel

What characters over the last decade have maintained a steady/holistic growth in power across multiple writers? Have they increased massively over their past portrayals, and what are some of their feats that you never imagined they’d accomplish?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 06:23 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

thanos

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 06:26 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Dr. Manhattan maybe?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 06:39 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Dr. Doom
Shadowcat
Wolverine

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 06:43 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Jean Grey.

Teen Jean especially, and now her adult version, no-selling even frickin' Cassandra Nova of all people...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 06:54 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Carol Danvers
Kitty Pryde
She-Hulk
Invisible Woman
Jane Foster

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 09:03 AM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Silver Surfer
Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Carol Danvers

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 09:19 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Luke Cage

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 11:19 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thor.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lol, jk.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 11:23 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Thor.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lol, jk.

Well, technically while the OP mentioned growth in the post the title of the thread doesnt say which direction the creep should be in.

An argument could he made for Thor having the greatest negative creep in power

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 01:27 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Last 10 years?

Elixir is definitely up there. The kid can revive himself and others after death just by willing it so. When you consider where he started, it's even crazier.

Rachel Summers is another, although hers is more a competency creep.

Monet, Fantomex(although I guess his seeped back to normal), Carol Danvers, Black Panther, Pixie get a mention.
Originally posted by Glorificus
Jean Grey.

Teen Jean especially, and now her adult version, no-selling even frickin' Cassandra Nova of all people...

Yeah, and Teen Jean went from not even manifesting all her powers to upstaging Phoenix and knocking Galactus around in a couple months, and even developing a whole new power.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 11th, 2020 at 11:09 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 10:56 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Luke Cags too

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 03:01 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Darwin, and Hulk.

Don't forget WBH was in 2011/2012, so maybe it's only ever been downhill from there....

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 03:08 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Carol Danvers for sure.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 07:40 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

quote:
Originally posted by cdtm
Iron Fist

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 07:50 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Magnon
Carol Danvers
Kitty Pryde
She-Hulk
Invisible Woman
Jane Foster

... Generally what I was thinking.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 09:21 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Wolverine

I wish.

Most of the last decade, he was either powerless, dead or inactive.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 09:56 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Then got heated claws

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 10:00 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Isn’t he a clone now or something? Cause the x-men all died and got disintegrated by the sun

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 10:06 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Then got heated claws

Hey, he beat Iceman with them.

But yeah, sucky idea and I'm glad most writers are ignoring that.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 10:09 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote