KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darkseid enters the Tournament of Power

Darkseid enters the Tournament of Power
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Darkseid enters the Tournament of Power

Lord Zeno-O's head is projected across the DCU about the DC Multiverse being on the chopping block, unless they can send a champion to win the Tournament of Power.

The Space Golem takes up the offer.. As his true self.

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 08:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Coming in as his true self would kill everyone not named Zeno.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 08:23 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Darkseid would get laughed at TBH. Hes waaaayyyyyy to slow to be in the tournament of power and too limited. Unless we completely ignore the character portrayal and make up something that is obviously not a part of the character performance on a comic to comic bases, he gets eliminated as soon as the bell rings, immediately. Then Beerus erases him for being a jerk.

Now true Darkseid, he doesn't even fit in the ring of the tournament of power which means this is a dumb thread.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 08:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What do you mean by "his true self"..?

If you're talking about his energy form(that we saw in FC), then he's not a physical being who can really fight anyone. It's just his higher-dimensional presence in normal space that was collapsing the multiverse into a singularity... Don't know how that would translate/scale to DBS-level power.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 08:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I see DS gettin his ass kicked

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 09:19 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
What do you mean by "his true self"..?

If you're talking about his energy form(that we saw in FC), then he's not a physical being who can really fight anyone. It's just his higher-dimensional presence in normal space that was collapsing the multiverse into a singularity... Don't know how that would translate/scale to DBS-level power.
You don't see how his higher-dimensional presence being able to collapse a physical multiverse much larger than the Dragon Ball one would translate into DBS level power?

Well neither do I. Because that feat is vastly superior to any DBS character.

Forget the tournament of power, that feat alone dwarfs anything Zeno has ever done.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 09:31 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

For me it's more about how it translates into a combat scenario.

Would the void dimension that the ToP took place in be incorporated into Darkseid's singularity? Sure. Would the ToP combatants also be pulled into his singularity? Probably.

...But then what?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 09:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Then he sits on them. It's not rocket science

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 09:39 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by carver9
Darkseid would get laughed at TBH. Hes waaaayyyyyy to slow to be in the tournament of power and too limited. Unless we completely ignore the character portrayal and make up something that is obviously not a part of the character performance on a comic to comic bases, he gets eliminated as soon as the bell rings, immediately. Then Beerus erases him for being a jerk.

Now true Darkseid, he doesn't even fit in the ring of the tournament of power which means this is a dumb thread.
When weaker teenage Darkseid was smacking Zues around and killing him Wonder Woman said she never seen anyone that fast in battle. This is someone who has watched Superman, Zoom, and several Flashs fight, even fought against them.
If she thinks that much of Darkseid battle prowess and speed, he would have little problems keeping up with DB characters. I don't see Dyspo being any faster than things she's encountered [and featwise certainly cant top Supes or the Flash characters], and he's the fastest they have. Regardless of how you feel of the outcome, speed isnt going to be the issue.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Jun 4th, 2020 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 09:47 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 4th, 2020 09:52 PM
MrMind

my boy Darksaint is into face sitting, what a freak thumb up

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 12:37 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Juntai
When weaker teenage Darkseid was smacking Zues around and killing him Wonder Woman said she never seen anyone that fast in battle. This is someone who has watched Superman, Zoom, and several Flashs fight, even fought against them.
If she thinks that much of Darkseid battle prowess and speed, he would have little problems keeping up with DB characters. I don't see Dyspo being any faster than things she's encountered [and featwise certainly cant top Supes or the Flash characters], and he's the fastest they have. Regardless of how you feel of the outcome, speed isnt going to be the issue.

We obviously don't agree with everything Wonder Woman say... "hes faster than Clark. FAST AS ME".

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...52599244xxx.jpg

Let me know.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 02:14 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Not trying to hijack the thread, and I will not comment on DS in the tournament (apart from agreeing with you that True DS would not even fit in the ring), but I wanted to highlight something important you said.

That DS would be ‘way too slow and too limited.’

It’s not important whether I agree or disagree with that, but it’s good that you have noticed that a character may be ‘too slow’ and ‘too limited’ to match up well against other characters.

This does not mean the character is a bad character, only that the character has inherent disadvantages.

You know I am obviously talking about a certain Green Character, who I think in many ways is the epitome of strength (and more ...as I always say, he is more than just strength). A character that in a hand to hand engagement is really formidable, and every second that passes he becomes even more so. A character that should always be considered extremely dangerous.

But a character that is (unfortunately) ‘too limited’ and ‘way too slow’ against other characters.

Sure, in comics Iron Fist can defeat Spider-Man and Batman can tag the Reverse Flash, but in KMC we do away with PIS.

As powerful and strong as the Hulk is, there is a certain level of character that brings the same strength he does ....but also bring significantly more diversity across speed and other exotic power sets.

While the Hulk would still get full respect, he simply would be - to use your words - way too slow and too limited to be a threat (on a FORUM FIGHT) against characters that would perceive him as being a statue.

Anyway, saw a glimmer of hope and decided to make an attempt. Hopefully you see what I’m trying to say and how your comment on DS being ‘too slow and way too limited’ applies to OTHER characters.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 05:14 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

So what you’re saying is, every time the Hulk is put into vs threads, all we have to do is post your argument as a way to shit down Carvers arguments?

Say no more fam.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:54 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Agreed, Spidey is so far overmatched by Iron Fist is should be over as soon as it begins

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:45 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

We obviously don't agree with everything Wonder Woman say... "hes faster than Clark. FAST AS ME".

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...52599244xxx.jpg

Let me know.
The point is that Darkseid is in the top tier speed bracket if Wonder Woman says she's never seen anyone battle that fast and thus it wont be a handicap. Not if you agree with her assessment or not.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jun 14th, 2020 02:18 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Actually they would lay on him, and by wrestling rules, which we're totally using here, he'd be down for the 3 count. It's not rocket science

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jun 14th, 2020 02:24 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

True Darkseid would stomp, he is rather on Zenos level.

The best Avatars would win imo but it would be tough.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 10:23 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Any Darkseid dies minus the giant one

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:30 PM
SquallX

Any Darkseid dies minus the giant one

So Great Darkness Saga loses
Soul Fire loses

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 04:01 PM