KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » She-Hulk & Martian Manhunter Switch Places

She-Hulk & Martian Manhunter Switch Places
Started by: Quick Freeze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

She-Hulk & Martian Manhunter Switch Places

In the past year or so of following Ron Marz and other writers on Twitter I have learned more about real life “What Ifs” than I ever could have dreamed.

It may have already been discussed here, but the one that struck me the most is that Marvel & DC planned to continue the Marvel vs DC saga of the late 90s by having J’onn & Jennifer switch places for a full calendar year.

As the best and brightest comic minds on the web, who do you think would fare better?

Obviously MM is ridiculously powerful even by DC standards, but glass cannons tend to have the worst luck in the Marvel Universe, and all it takes is a bad run-in with Pyro for J’onnz to be taken out.

Where would they gravitate toward in their respective new homes? Would Walters simply try to live her life as normal as possible, or would she end up running into or even linking up with the Titans or the Outsiders, or even the League? Would MM checkout Mars 616 or feel more at home with Earth’s mutants?

Idk the concept just blows my mind and would have been great to actually see

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 11:54 PM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

J'onn would be like a sentry or thor level big gun in any teams (don't let kmc's mmh lowballing get to you)

She-Hulk would be in titans, hanging with Starfire or Donna Troy

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 12:09 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MrMind
J'onn would be like a sentry or thor level big gun in any teams (don't let kmc's mmh lowballing get to you)

She-Hulk would be in titans, hanging with Starfire or Donna Troy

That’s definitely what I imagined for She-Hulk. The only reason why I still didn’t have J’onn as an Avengers big gun right away honestly had more to do with personality and how he may just “click” with the X-Men better because of how bizarre he can come off as.

That, and the vast majority of Marvel telepaths are mutants. It wasn’t necessarily a dig at J’onn’s power. He def gives Thor, Sentry, Blue Marvel, SS, and all the A-list bricks a run for their money power/strength-wise. But when you look at his power set he’s basically an amalgam of Xavier, Mystique, and Kitty with super strength, flight, and Martian Vision

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 12:54 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
That’s definitely what I imagined for She-Hulk. The only reason why I still didn’t have J’onn as an Avengers big gun right away honestly had more to do with personality and how he may just “click” with the X-Men better because of how bizarre he can come off as.

That, and the vast majority of Marvel telepaths are mutants. It wasn’t necessarily a dig at J’onn’s power. He def gives Thor, Sentry, Blue Marvel, SS, and all the A-list bricks a run for their money power/strength-wise. But when you look at his power set he’s basically an amalgam of Xavier, Mystique, and Kitty with super strength, flight, and Martian Vision

he can turn invisible, shape shift, phasing, regeneration, flight, super speed, super strength, tp, astral projection, martian vision, tk, matter absorption,

he's basically a x-men team by himself

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 12:57 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Fernus would kill Marvel earth, though.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 01:07 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

In terms of power and personality, She Hulk could fit in well with some JSA lineups.

Martian Manhunter could maybe fit in with some lineups of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 01:43 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Originally posted by MrMind
he can turn invisible, shape shift, phasing, regeneration, flight, super speed, super strength, tp, astral projection, martian vision, tk, matter absorption,

he's basically a x-men team by himself

That’s sorta what I’m getting. Power-set wise he’s like a whole X-team, which is why he may gravitate to them at fist or why he may be seen as a mutant at first. They’re familiar with most of what he can do so it might be assumed he’s a mutant who retains other mutants’ abilities or something. I’m not arguing that they’re a match for him in a forum setting

Last edited by Quick Freeze on Feb 14th, 2021 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 02:50 AM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Originally posted by Smurph
In terms of power and personality, She Hulk could fit in well with some JSA lineups.

Martian Manhunter could maybe fit in with some lineups of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

This also def makes sense

Old Post Feb 14th, 2021 02:53 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

She-Hulk & Big Barda become good friends. She'd pop in from time to time, especially when the JL team goes to reserve members for a big story arc. Maybe even be in an off-shot JL team [like international, europe was].

J'onn would be a hell of an addition to the Avengers given his talents. He'd also probably have space adventures and meet Ronan, Super Skrull, Gladiator etc. Maybe try to infiltrate empires and such if Avengers get more proactive in stopping threats. Lots of story potential there.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 03:17 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Quick Freeze

I'd actually imagine that J'onn would gravitate towards the Eternals, or Inhumans, but I'm almost certain that if something like that were to take place he'd be discovered by the Avengers, or Fantastic Four.

She Hulk? I'm not seeing her as a Titan TBH. They seem a little too young for her tastes. She'd likely have a run-in with the Justice League and become a member. I'm just wondering how they'd explain her power source and how the very canon Gammaverse doesn't exist in the DC Universe? Unless it somehow does?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 04:12 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote