KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nth Metal vs Vibranium

Nth Metal vs Vibranium
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

Nth Metal vs Vibranium

Which is more durable and which offers the better benefits to its users as far as offense and defense and abilities?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2021 12:45 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Vibranium is more durable.
As to the second question,it all depends on the quantity and the purity. A large very pure piece of Nth metal like say the clawnof Horus offers greater benefits than an equal size piece of Vibranium. The Nth metal of say Hawkman's usual gear (like Mace etc) doesn't.

With a pure piece of Nth like the claw (whichbis extremely rare) and the right knowledge of how to use it you can control strong nuclear forces so you can matter manipulate, as well as gravitational and magnetic forces (as was done by Ominar Synn). With a small amount you can negate gravity to fly or boost it to strike and absorb energy (like heat, blasts etc). Vibranium can do what the small impure piece of Nth can more effectively. It can't do what a large pure piece can

Old Post Oct 21st, 2021 10:35 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Has nth metal been broken?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 04:58 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Has nth metal been broken?
I understand that Hawkman's mace is made of Nth metal, and I saw a scan where it shattered against someone's body when HM hit them with it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 05:04 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by lawest9
I understand that Hawkman's mace is made of Nth metal, and I saw a scan where it shattered against someone's body when HM hit them with it.
Really? Issue numbers or scans?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 09:49 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by h1a8
Really? Issue numbers or scans?
I looked for it but couldn't find it, I'll keep trying?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 09:50 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

His mace isn't made of Nth, it is laced with Nth. The amount of Nth metal in it is about 5%.

Nth metal is very rare. An entire Thanagarian cruiser uses an amount that is about the size of a football to power and reinforce it. That amount is spread throughout the entire ship.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 11:12 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Ohh and the scan your looking for is hawkgirl not Hawkman. Her mace was shattered by BA. He crushed it with his hands

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 11:18 PM
lawest9

Originally posted by beatboks
Ohh and the scan your looking for is hawkgirl not Hawkman. Her mace was shattered by BA. He crushed it with his hands
Ok I stand corrected, thank you.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 11:20 PM
DeadpoolXXX

kc superman blew apart the mace with hv.
https://postimg.cc/ppj256B5

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2021 11:58 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Ok I stand corrected, thank you.

Hmm maybe I was wrong.
I found this one from Black Reign where BA crushes Hawkman's mace

https://preview.redd.it/u3zmd6wfo05...bp&17c81e15

I thought he'd done the same to HG but I might be missrembering

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 09:21 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Nth metal is shitty, actually. Durability-wise.

But it's capable of reforming, healing its user and other feats. It's really versatile.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2021 12:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nth metal is shitty, actually. Durability-wise.

But it's capable of reforming, healing its user and other feats. It's really versatile.

It also enhances the senses of someone who has been consistently near it. Enhances physicals to a little above peak human, can be used to track energy signatures, bolus the gravity manip stuff.

On the healing side of things HM had his caroted artery cut and was quickly bleeding to death, he asked to have his wings but over his body (which he wasn't wearing when cut) and healed in a few panels.

http://imgur.com/a/zhkFlNi

Old Post Oct 25th, 2021 12:29 PM