KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America vs Black Manta

Captain America vs Black Manta
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Captain America vs Black Manta

Who wins?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 5th, 2022 09:27 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex_Ferrana

Interesting fight. Underwater Manta has an edge, but on the land - probably Cap.

Old Post May 9th, 2022 04:44 PM
Alex_Ferrana is currently offline Click here to Send Alex_Ferrana a Private Message Find more posts by Alex_Ferrana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd take cap as well. the shield neutralizes manta's biggest advantage i think, though manta's strength is a bit illogical at times. still take cap though.

Old Post May 9th, 2022 08:34 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I’m kind of undecided on this one. Based on feat showings my mind wants to choose Cap, but then again Manta has the speed to battle Aquaman. Unless that speed is plot induced?

Pound for pound, Black Manta should have advantages that place him a couple tiers above Steve. His speed, durability, and strength are able to keep up with Aquaman, which says a lot. Arthur’s power is monstrous. However, tech has always been a game changer when it comes to Black Manta.

Without the shield, Steve would probably be hard pressed to find a comfort zone. I’m not saying that he needs it to win fights, but Manta has attacks that put out AOE damage that would be crippling to Steve if he were to be hit.

In terms of H2H combat, Steve wins.

In terms of long distance combat, Manta wins.

Old Post May 9th, 2022 08:57 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex_Ferrana

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
I’m kind of undecided on this one. Based on feat showings my mind wants to choose Cap, but then again Manta has the speed to battle Aquaman. Unless that speed is plot induced?

Pound for pound, Black Manta should have advantages that place him a couple tiers above Steve. His speed, durability, and strength are able to keep up with Aquaman, which says a lot. Arthur’s power is monstrous. However, tech has always been a game changer when it comes to Black Manta.

Without the shield, Steve would probably be hard pressed to find a comfort zone. I’m not saying that he needs it to win fights, but Manta has attacks that put out AOE damage that would be crippling to Steve if he were to be hit.

In terms of H2H combat, Steve wins.

In terms of long distance combat, Manta wins.

Good thoughts. Agreed.

Old Post May 9th, 2022 10:51 PM
Alex_Ferrana is currently offline Click here to Send Alex_Ferrana a Private Message Find more posts by Alex_Ferrana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote