KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Jorel a god?

Jorel a god?
Started by: sexyking

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sexyking

Jorel a god?

What the hell is smallville doing to the superman mytho i mean come on jorel having the power to resuret ,clark dies and jorel brought him back this isnt the first time they have had jorel playing god i remember a time he also gave jonathan kent powers to fight clark i mean come on his only supposed to be an AI programed projection. This is one of the huge thing that really annoys me about smallville

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 01:07 PM
sexyking is currently offline Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Well the thing is although AI like, he possesses those kryptonian crystals which hold vast amount of powers.
Jorel did warn Clark that "although u have great abilities, we are NOT gods"! So it may seem that way but hey in the original movie, Supes rewinds time for Lois, that's a comparatively godlike feat.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 03:34 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sexyking

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordFear
Well the thing is although AI like, he possesses those kryptonian crystals which hold vast amount of powers.
Jorel did warn Clark that "although u have great abilities, we are NOT gods"! So it may seem that way but hey in the original movie, Supes rewinds time for Lois, that's a comparatively godlike feat.

Okay fair point about the first superman film but how do you explain him taking aways clarks power without there being any red sun involvement

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 04:32 PM
sexyking is currently offline Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Whats the point if Jorels dead if he speaks every second anyway.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 05:02 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by sexyking
Okay fair point about the first superman film but how do you explain him taking aways clarks power without there being any red sun involvement

He took Clarks powers and placed them in Lionel for a time. There's an explanation for you.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 11:00 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sexyking

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
He took Clarks powers and placed them in Lionel for a time. There's an explanation for you.

NO its not an explanation to my question though is it thats an explanation to where his powers went,make sure you read clearly before posting now i will repeat what i asked before how did jorel take aways clarks power without any red sun involvement?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 11:13 PM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

He took them and placed them in Lionel's body. Giving Lionel his kryptonian powers, and Clark his humanness. It's a fair trade. Jor-el is not a god, simple using magic, or the crystals. Thats it.

Jor-el is not an A-I, he's a spirit who resides with in the Crystals. That's how he possessed Lionel, that's how he takes away clarks powers.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on Jan 27th, 2006 at 11:32 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 11:29 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lowrider370
X

Originally posted by LordFear

i loved that line
your powers may seem extraoridianry here but we are not gods Kalel

Sig Duels 3 w, 2 L

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 01:04 AM
lowrider370 is currently offline Click here to Send lowrider370 a Private Message Find more posts by lowrider370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I seriously doubt he is a "spirit" in our usual sense of the term. I would say, since Krypton is an advanced society, the Jor-El we are privvy to is an advanced AI, stored in the crystals, which are like zip disks or floppies or CD-Rs or something. I know it's a horrible comparison, but it makes sense.
As for Lionel, he was possessed by Jor-El. That's how he got his powers. Information on the Kryptonian biological make-up could have been downloaded into Lionel's DNA when he had one of the elements (remember when it glowed like it did in Commencement, Season 4 finale?). That biological data may have been accessed when the Jor-El AI took over Lionel's vacant body and mind.
As for where Clark's powers went, just assume they were put in a crystal for safekeeping. That's why Jor-El/Lionel took him back to the Fortress. I mean, if Jor-El can turn back time and space itself, then he has the ability to store DNA on a crystal.
If that doesn't work for ya, just assume Clark's becoming mortal was just a plot device used by the writers. I know it's a stretch, but deal with it. lol

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 03:55 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Dan-El
I seriously doubt he is a "spirit" in our usual sense of the term. I would say, since Krypton is an advanced society, the Jor-El we are privvy to is an advanced AI, stored in the crystals, which are like zip disks or floppies or CD-Rs or something. I know it's a horrible comparison, but it makes sense.
As for Lionel, he was possessed by Jor-El. That's how he got his powers. Information on the Kryptonian biological make-up could have been downloaded into Lionel's DNA when he had one of the elements (remember when it glowed like it did in Commencement, Season 4 finale?). That biological data may have been accessed when the Jor-El AI took over Lionel's vacant body and mind.
As for where Clark's powers went, just assume they were put in a crystal for safekeeping. That's why Jor-El/Lionel took him back to the Fortress. I mean, if Jor-El can turn back time and space itself, then he has the ability to store DNA on a crystal.
If that doesn't work for ya, just assume Clark's becoming mortal was just a plot device used by the writers. I know it's a stretch, but deal with it. lol

But intruth isn't a spirit just the essence of someone? You can't be an AI when you're not artificial to begin with. I understand what you're saying but I don't mean it's necessarily his soul, I mean it's his mind thats in the crystals,

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 09:59 PM
botcherby

Jor El is such a badass I just hope that Clark will finally realise that Jor El is actually a good guy... he ****ing gives Clark so many chances... he even lets him rewind time for cris'sakes

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 01:20 AM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Yeah, over the course of the Series it's become a fixture for Clark to go and ask Jor-el for help. Jor-el gives, gives, gives but when he takes, he's labeled as the Devil.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 02:04 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

But what about the whole "The last son will rule the third planet" angle? They talked about it for 4 out of the 5 seasons, that Clark would rule Earth. That's why Jor-El is so easy to be seen as cruel and evil, because everyone (audience and Clark) think that he sent his only son to conquer a planet.
I think, in regards to the "last son ruling 3rd planet" prophecy, it was either A.) A grave misinterpretation, or B.) Refers to Zod in some way. I guess either way it's a misinterpretation, but still.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 03:41 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

But what about the whole "The last son will rule the third planet" angle? They talked about it for 4 out of the 5 seasons, that Clark would rule Earth. That's why Jor-El is so easy to be seen as cruel and evil, because everyone (audience and Clark) think that he sent his only son to conquer a planet.
I think, in regards to the "last son ruling 3rd planet" prophecy, it was either A.) A grave misinterpretation, or B.) Refers to Zod in some way. I guess either way it's a misinterpretation, but still.

Well, Clark himself even said he might be misreading it. I forget the exact lines but wasn't it like "I hope I'm reading this wrong but, I THINK it says..."

That right there ingrained a sense of hatred from Clark to Jor-el that just might have been unjustified.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 03:45 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Yeah. I mean, I know he wasn't sent there to rule. We all know that Krypton wasn't a war-like society, no matter how much Al Gough and the crew stray from canon. Jor-El wanted to save Krypton, but Zod and Braniac wouldn't allow it. And so it was that Krypton met it's end, but not before Jor-El got his only son off of the planet. At least that's how I see the explanation panning out in Smallville.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 03:56 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Yeah. I mean, I know he wasn't sent there to rule. We all know that Krypton wasn't a war-like society, no matter how much Al Gough and the crew stray from canon. Jor-El wanted to save Krypton, but Zod and Braniac wouldn't allow it. And so it was that Krypton met it's end, but not before Jor-El got his only son off of the planet. At least that's how I see the explanation panning out in Smallville.

Yeah, I see some how Zod, and Brainiac being the cause in the demise of Krypton in the Smallville universe.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:28 AM