KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Jor-El evil?

Jor-El evil?
Started by: MysteryRidah

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

Jor-El evil?

Can someone explain the episode crusade to me?

I dont understand it, meaning it seems like smallivlle is making clark's real father evil or something, or am i missing something?

Give me the short version if you dont feel like explaining the long version.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 03:06 AM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Jor-El was preparing Clark for his destiny. He needed Clark to secure all the stones of Kryptonian knowledge to make sure nothing bad happened to the Earth.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 03:21 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

Oh. I always thought jol-el was evil or they was making it seem like he was evil.

So whats the difference when clark is under his father's control and when he's not? Because when he was under his father's control, well he was acting crazy lol.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:21 AM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MysteryRidah
Oh. I always thought jol-el was evil or they was making it seem like he was evil.

So whats the difference when clark is under his father's control and when he's not? Because when he was under his father's control, well he was acting crazy lol.

He was reprogrammed to what he probably would have been if he was to be raised on Krypton. That was "Kal-El".

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:42 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

He wasn't acting crazy, he was actually pretty dull. stick out tongue

He was just following his destiny, without the things that hold him back as Clark. The Kents think Jor-El is some monster, but he is just trying to prepare Clark for the future, he just doesnt know much about subtlety. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:57 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Like was stated before, it was a necessity for Clark to secure the three stones to ensure nothing bad happened to earth. The stones were left for him to find.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 12:30 AM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't get that.

The whole thing with reprogramming Clark's mind into Kal-El. Huh? He's already Kal-El - Kal-El is just his Kryptonian name. The whole different persona thing is a load of bollox IMO. To reprogram his mind into Kal-El would mean Clark becomes somebody completely different. Clark/Kal-El become a droid, a drone, a puppet. Whose father would want to destroy their own son's self-awareness? To erase their memory, to replace it with a new memory. What's the point in Clark being sent to Johnathon and Martha (going by Jor-El's reasons -- explained in episodes -- as to why Johnathon was chosen to father Kal-El in the first place) for him to be taught right from wrong etc, if all Jor-El's going to do is destroy all the teachings, all the lesson's learned and replace them with a friggin' liability to the human race?

I really don't know what Jor-El was thinking with that. Now he's got all the viewers confused, because they all think Kal-El and Clark Kent are two completely different people. That just isn't the way it goes, guys. Get with the programme.

Heh.

Last edited by Whos_Pete on Feb 24th, 2006 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 02:54 AM
Whos_Pete is currently offline Click here to Send Whos_Pete a Private Message Find more posts by Whos_Pete Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Originally posted by Whos_Pete
I didn't get that.

The whole thing with reprogramming Clark's mind into Kal-El. Huh? He's already Kal-El - Kal-El is just his Kryptonian name. The whole different persona thing is a load of bollox IMO. To reprogram his mind into Kal-El would mean Clark becomes somebody completely different. Clark/Kal-El become a droid, a drone, a puppet. Whose father would want to destroy their own son's self-awareness? To erase their memory, to replace it with a new memory. What's the point in Clark being sent to Johnathon and Martha (going by Jor-El's reasons -- explained in episodes -- as to why Johnathon was chosen to father Kal-El in the first place) for him to be taught right from wrong etc, if all Jor-El's going to do is destroy all the teachings, all the lesson's learned and replace them with a friggin' liability to the human race?

I really don't know what Jor-El was thinking with that. Now he's got all the viewers confused, because they all think Kal-El and Clark Kent are two completely different people. That just isn't the way it goes, guys. Get with the programme.

Heh.

We is Kal-El, and he is Clark. Clark is who Martha and Johnathan raised him to be.

By calling himself KAL-EL, he embrassed his Kryptonian identity, and the mission(s) Jor-El wants him to accomplish

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 04:15 AM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ian, why would Jor-El want to kill off his son's mind and replace it with a drone's? That's what he basically did. If you get shot in the head, say, and you were to survive it, but you acted completely differently afterwards, you'd no longer be Ian, would you? You'd be someone else. Someone who'd have to re-learn the values which you did when you were growing up. Baring this in mind, you can [hopefully] see that it's totally counterproductive for Jor-El to erase Clark of his human ethics.

Jor-El is a retard.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 11:19 AM
Whos_Pete is currently offline Click here to Send Whos_Pete a Private Message Find more posts by Whos_Pete Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

I dont get it either sometimes, at the end of crusade, when clark's mother had the black stone, Kal-El told clark he was weak, its like Kal-El is the evil superman or something hahahahaha.

hmmmmm, and right now i am confused. Or maybe Jor-EL wants clark to be something, but clark wants to control his own destiny.

But i guess later on, him and his real father turns out ok, because if you watch the short clip on superman the movie, everything seems ok between him and his father.

Smallville is all about clark growing up, remember that.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 06:02 PM
Kovacs86

Also, Smallville is continuity BS

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 06:15 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I dont get it either sometimes, at the end of crusade, when clark's mother had the black stone, Kal-El told clark he was weak, its like Kal-El is the evil superman or something hahahahaha.

hmmmmm, and right now i am confused. Or maybe Jor-EL wants clark to be something, but clark wants to control his own destiny.

But i guess later on, him and his real father turns out ok, because if you watch the short clip on superman the movie, everything seems ok between him and his father.

Smallville is all about clark growing up, remember that.

Kal-El's not really evil...He's just harder, less emotional about things. So basically Jor-El wanted him to still have his ethics, but not care as much for the people around him. I mean he didn't kill anyone, all he did was steal the stone, nothing more.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 09:27 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Kal-El's not really evil...He's just harder, less emotional about things. So basically Jor-El wanted him to still have his ethics, but not care as much for the people around him. I mean he didn't kill anyone, all he did was steal the stone, nothing more.

That is what I was trying to get across. It was like there was 2 different "Clarks." Kal-El, the "evil" side, was not as emotionally attached to the human race. The only thing he was interested in was getting the stones.

The Black Kryptonite was supposed to seperate the two aspects of Clarks self.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2006 11:30 PM
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stupid Browser...

Last edited by Whos_Pete on Feb 28th, 2006 at 01:32 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:27 AM
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Jor-El wanted him to still have his ethics, but not care as much for the people around him.

How can Clark have ethics that only his upbringing can teach him, if Jor-El erased his sodding memory?

"Basically", Darthy, Kal-El would walk on by a raping, a robbing, a mugging, or whatever, because he wouldn't care about an 'insignifant human individual'; he'd have more important things to take care of. Like, a mission that Jor-El had programmed into him.

I don't see how that's preserving ethics.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:31 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

He's looking at the bigger picture, rather then his personal interests. He's saving the world, at the expense of a few people.

If he didn't have his ethics, then he would have let the world be destroyed no problem. Sure he might not have the exact same morals, but the fiber is still there.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on Feb 28th, 2006 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:37 AM
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

When you're there to do something about a situation, and you don't 'act', that's because you're unethical; without any morals.

That's the bigger picture.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:40 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

When you're there to do something about a situation, and you don't 'act', that's because you're unethical; without any morals.

That's the bigger picture.

But that's the thing. In this mythos, in this exact instance, he's not here to save the random individual, he's here to save everyone. And by gathering the stones, he is doing what he was meant to.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:45 AM
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saving "everyone" includes everybody.

You lose the debate (once again).

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:50 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Saving "everyone" includes everybody.

You lose the debate (once again).

No, saving everyone does not mean saving everybody (every single individual)...And that is where you fail to see the difference. And I didn't lose anything. I don't care about your pathetic attempts to make yourself feel better. I, unlike you, don't really care about winning anything.

Last edited by Darth Macabre on Feb 28th, 2006 at 01:55 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2006 01:52 AM