KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Your thoughts on the New Aquaman show coming up

Your thoughts on the New Aquaman show coming up
Started by: Marth18

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Your thoughts on the New Aquaman show coming up

I dont think it'll be good as smallville

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:48 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupezM'

Are they really making an Aquaman spinoff?

Cause honestly I thought that cameo was the worst one.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:52 PM
SupezM' is currently offline Click here to Send SupezM' a Private Message Find more posts by SupezM' Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

It definitely won't. Aquaman doesn't have enough powers or fellow characters that can sustain a show like Smallville did. If they really wanted to make another Smallville-esque show, they should've done one about the Green Lantern starring Kyle Rayner.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:52 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupezM'

Not sure that they could pull off another Smallville esque show. Superman was the perfect character to use when coming up with a teen angst coming of age story. Most well known hero, many powers, one weakness, lots of friends.

In the Superman comics his family and friends have always had a huge part in the story which is why I think the Smallville writers were able to adapt that to a running series. Taking someone like Aquaman or Green Lantern whose private lives really arnt as well known would be a giant leap and a great undertaking.

Everyone has heard of Lois Lane, John and Martha Kent, Lana Lang and others that are in the show. I couldnt for the life of me name anyone related to either of the other two Superheroes.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:59 PM
SupezM' is currently offline Click here to Send SupezM' a Private Message Find more posts by SupezM' Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

i dont think it'll last long but yes they are making one, Alfred Gough (how ever u spell his name) will be working on it too as executive producer (i think miles miller will to but i dunno)

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 12:19 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

It's called Mercy Reef and its going to SUCK.

http://www.aquamantv.com/

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 12:57 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupezM'

Wow, Lou Diamond Philips is gonna play the father?

Doomed for failure it appears. Who knows though if they throw in enough teen angst it could get ratings, I mean heck its WB.

Dont know how people are gonna relate though, Clark Kent is a down to earth farm boy that goes to high school who just happens to have super powers.

The two most famouse parents in the history of Comics id have to say go to John and Martha Kent, most famous spouse is definately Lois. These are characters people wana see because they've read about them within the pages of graphic novels.

No one from the Aquaman genre intrigues me in the slightest.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 01:55 AM
NoFate007

The only people that would be able to pull off a show about growing up as a superhero are Superman, Batman, possibly Green Lantern if you go the route of young Kyle and start the show with him getting the ring, Spider-Man but we have the movies, and X-Men but that wouldn't be the same thing.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 02:13 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whos_Pete
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, how gay is an Aquaman spinoff?!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 06:04 AM
Whos_Pete is currently offline Click here to Send Whos_Pete a Private Message Find more posts by Whos_Pete Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Richard simmons gay

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 03:36 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Whos_Pete
Wow, how gay is an Aquaman spinoff?!

PARTAE! Guess who got himself banned again! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 06:00 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

lol

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 06:27 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Aquaman will be terrible.

First of all, what a terrible superhero. Second, Batman Begins tried to grab some of the fame from Smallville by going back into how Batman became Batman. Third, .... no! Stupid! Dont!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 06:38 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Hey smallville...in that episode where they show lex like that, it was with that one old lady wasnt it? What were her powers again i forgot

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 07:19 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

She can see into the future.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 07:51 PM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

I don't know if you guy's said this yet but they are having a different guy playing Aquaman

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 08:09 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

yea they had two in mind

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 09:11 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Justin Hartley is the guys name who is playing A.C. (Aquaman) He was in Passions... but dont ask how I know that.

I was reading more into this show, and I hate it more. They stole 2 ex-Smallville cast members. Granted, it was Andrea "The Avenging Angel" and Kara, but still.

Last edited by Smallville on Mar 15th, 2006 at 09:36 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 09:32 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Its going to flop....... they need aquaman fighting >> pirate

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 09:44 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Hey, this is the latest news I have heard. I can only go by what I read.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 09:54 PM