KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Clarks Flight

Clarks Flight
Started by: Kal875

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Clarks Flight

I found this on a Smallville website and thought it might be helpful to those who question whether or not Clark can fly yet.

Moderators- You can close the thread if you want I simply did not look if there was a thread on whether or not Clark can fly.

The power that made Clark Kent, or rather, Superman famous, flight allows him to fly from one end of the planet to another. We believe that it is actually latent effect of the bio-electric aura (For more information, please refer to the Invulnerability section) surrounding him. We concluded that not only does the bio-electric aura protects him from harm, it also allow him to defy gravity.

This power was first demonstrated briefly in "Metamorphosis" (Season 1, Episode 2), where Clark was floating on top of his bed and later in "Rosetta" (Season 2, Episode 17), where Clark actually floated, rather than fly, from his bedroom to a highway. Clark has mentioned that he told Lex, who found him and drove him, that he sleepwalked, although he "has no idea how much walking is involved". If this is true, then it should not come as a surprise that Kal-El is able to fly in "Crusade" (Season 4, Episode 1).

For the sake of clarity, from here on, we will refer Kal-El as the emotionless and robotic part of Clark, while Clark as the normal self. The reason why Kal-El is able to fly is probably because he has a higher aptitude in controlling the bio-electric aura, which he used it to cancel out the gravitational force acting on him. It was probably due to this manipulation of bio-electric aura that allows him to "push" against the air around him, allowing him to maneuver in the air, hence, giving the impression that he is able to fly around.

Clark, on the other hand, remains earth-bound is probably because of his inexperience at controlling his bio-electric aura. Also, it was mentioned in the show that he has a fear for flying. This could possibly contribute to his inability to fly, because he is subconsciously or unconsciously suppressing his ability to manipulate the bio-electric aura and fly.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 05:29 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

confused

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 09:33 PM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Szechwang

And not to mention a fear of heights.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2006 09:49 PM
Szechwang is currently offline Click here to Send Szechwang a Private Message Find more posts by Szechwang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Yes, thanks for pointing out the obvious there...lol

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 08:25 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

quote:
We believe that it is actually latent effect of the bio-electric aura (For more information, please refer to the Invulnerability section) surrounding him. We concluded that not only does the bio-electric aura protects him from harm, it also allow him to defy gravity.

Umm...I'm pretty sure that's wrong buddy. Kal-El's flight comes from being psionic. He can't really fly, it's just that he's a low level telekinetic. Strong enough to make himself move (fly) and anything else close (what he touches).

quote:
The reason why Kal-El is able to fly is probably because he has a higher aptitude in controlling the bio-electric aura, which he used it to cancel out the gravitational force acting on him. It was probably due to this manipulation of bio-electric aura that allows him to "push" against the air around him, allowing him to maneuver in the air, hence, giving the impression that he is able to fly around.

No, b/c then how could he fly in space??

The Answer is simple, and really quite simple (everyone should know this, it's quite clear due to all the evidence they're given):

Clark CAN fly, he just doesn't know HOW to yet. Just as when he found out he COULD use his xray vision or heat vision, he had to find out HOW to use it, but it was there before he found out how to control it.

Plus, he has shown a certain degree to his "flying". Everytime someone falls from somewhere high, and he jumps after them, he somehow magically defies the rules of gravity and reaches the ground before them? The is physically and scientifically impossible UNLESS he has some control over his being in the air.

As Lionel said "The Details!!" - come on people, the answers are right infront of you.

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 05:21 AM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Don't shoot the messenger pal, I found that on a website.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 02:36 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

Sorry if I was a little harsh, didn't mean it.

Wow, that souned like something Lois woud say BTW.

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 02:57 AM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

BTW?

I am Lois/Erica's lover, so it's pretty normal that I would say something that sounded like her

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 12:54 PM
vorpal

haha, well she is hot.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 11:55 AM
vorpal is currently offline Click here to Send vorpal a Private Message Find more posts by vorpal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

what?! there should be no "well" in there, "well" is doubtful. SHE IS HOT! She's beautiful!She's mine!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 08:18 PM
vorpal

haha - you wish.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 10:47 AM
vorpal is currently offline Click here to Send vorpal a Private Message Find more posts by vorpal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

what do you mean"you wish"?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 08:35 PM
vorpal

Some people are way to obsessed with people they can't have.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 08:51 AM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

"cant have"?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2006 11:45 PM
JaxN

LOL... btw she has a husband... and don't u dare say ur her husband

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 09:16 AM
JaxN is currently offline Click here to Send JaxN a Private Message Find more posts by JaxN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vorpal

haha - yes. theres no way u can have her.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 11:30 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I can fly...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 01:34 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JaxN
LOL... btw she has a husband... and don't u dare say ur her husband
I never said I was her husband, and I'm not saying that I'm not her husband either, I said "Were lovers"

Originally posted by Dan-El
I can fly...

yup

Old Post Jul 16th, 2006 05:08 PM
JaxN

Originally posted by Kal875
I never said I was her husband, and I'm not saying that I'm not her husband either, I said "Were lovers"

yup

u dream 2 much

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 12:29 PM
JaxN is currently offline Click here to Send JaxN a Private Message Find more posts by JaxN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

um, no I really dont

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 01:00 PM