KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Why do people keep..

Why do people keep..
Started by: sithius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sithius

Why do people keep..

Trying to link smallville to the superman films. Sure it would be awesome if they were linked (I am disappointed that they are not) when there is a huge plot that can't be filled, except maybe through some weird dodgy storyline.

The timeline. IIRC, superman I was set in the 60's so that would make when he was in Smallville set up in the 50's through the films. In smallville on TV it is set at present day. On a sidenote, Lois was also like 10 when he was 18.

Cheers,

Old Post May 25th, 2006 09:11 PM
sithius is currently offline Click here to Send sithius a Private Message Find more posts by sithius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Resistance to change.

Old Post May 25th, 2006 09:51 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I consider it a televised version of "Ultimate" Superman. In Marvel's Ultimate series, they reimagine the characters to suit them to a more current surrounding, just like what Smallville does.

Old Post May 26th, 2006 01:38 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beavis46

i dont think people want smallville to be just like the movies,just have some things like the comics but only the basics that are really well known like clark being a reporter,maybe the lois first liking superman but not knowing he's clark,etc.
lois's age shouldn't really matter,i think in some versions she was a bit older than him anyway(like in smallville)

Old Post May 26th, 2006 08:15 AM
beavis46 is currently offline Click here to Send beavis46 a Private Message Find more posts by beavis46 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kabluey

I agree with what beavis wrote, i grew up on the other superman movies and tv shows. Smallville whilst produces cool cg graphics and effects. With enough character eye candy. I would like to add more continuity, in what creates clark into superman. And its not his powers, or ability to save someone. but his sense of what is right, morals, virtue, truth and justice. So they should show more episodes where he develops those characteristics. Than him flying around.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 04:13 PM
kabluey is currently offline Click here to Send kabluey a Private Message Find more posts by kabluey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I thought the thread was going to ask why do you all keep watching smallville if you all hate Lana so much.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 09:44 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

dude, if thats how ignorant you are stay out of the damn Smallville forums, I used to respect your outlooks on Spiderman, and in other threads that you've posted in but now your being an ass

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 10:01 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Omg kal you got an ugly pic of lois and a hot pic of lana you gotta get a better lois! anyways, they wanna make smallville into a freakin drama show to fit that WB CW crap, thats why its not like the comics pretty much

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 10:35 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I thought the thread was going to ask why do you all keep watching smallville if you all hate Lana so much.

Thanks for the unnecessary thread bumping.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 10:49 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Kal875
dude, if thats how ignorant you are stay out of the damn Smallville forums, I used to respect your outlooks on Spiderman, and in other threads that you've posted in but now your being an ass

as soon as you guys stop the childish Lana bashing maybe I will stay out of the smallville threads,until the,I will defend her.you guys have made your point about how much you hate Lana,give it a rest and move on to something else.no need to keep saying it over and over and over again.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2006 11:04 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

but Parker, thats the beauty of it all, we do need to keep Lana bashing, the Smallville forum is to talk about whatever smallville topic we want and rightnow we want to talk about why they dont KILL lana
Originally posted by Marth18
Omg kal you got an ugly pic of lois and a hot pic of lana you gotta get a better lois! anyways, they wanna make smallville into a freakin drama show to fit that WB CW crap, thats why its not like the comics pretty much

yeah I know, I'm fixing it (and theres never a bad pic of Lois, only not as great ones)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 12:27 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

ok, here's my new sig, it doesnt differ much from my last one (keep in mind that I did it in paint)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 01:03 PM