KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » The Green Arrow comes to Smallville

The Green Arrow comes to Smallville
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~JP~
yeah baby

The Green Arrow comes to Smallville

From K-Site

quote:
Green Arrow Comes To Smallville!
TV Guide's July 24 edition, now arriving in subscriber mailboxes with a nifty Tom Welling cover, has a BIG scoop -- that the DC Comics character of Oliver Queen, better known to fans as Green Arrow, will be making an appearance in Smallville for a story arc that will go for "at least seven episodes."

"He will start to form the nascent Justice League," Smallville executive producer Alfred Gough tells TV Guide in this week's issue. "He's trying to find like-minded people with special powers and put a more formal structure in place."

The article goes on to say that Clark will initially be wary of Green Arrow, much like he was when future characters such as the Flash or Aquaman showed up in previous seasons. "Ultimately Clark will see the value of what he is trying to do," Gough says. "But as he's gotten older, Clark has become more cautious. He will always be there to help out, but he doesn't want to be part of a formalized organization."

Just as big as the announcement of the character is the casting - Justin Hartley, who played the role of AC/Aquaman in Millar & Gough's Aquaman pilot will be playing the role of Ollie.

The article says that Hartley was quickly offered the Smallville gig. "What really appealed to us is that he has a great combination of sexiness and humor," Gough says.

TV Guide does not reveal when Oliver will first appear on the show, though here at KryptonSite, we are hearing that he may show up as early as the season's second episode, "Sneeze." (Visit the KryptonSite spoilers page for more about the new season!)

TV Guide also reveals that Lois Lane will take a romantic interest in the emerald archer.

Also in this week's article is one of the first print mentions of Aaron Ashmore's casting as Jimmy Olsen, who will be a recurring guest star. "In our first episode back, they reconnect," Gough says. "And so Chloe Sullivan finally gets a boyfriend."

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 11:00 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

thats wicked sweet!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:06 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

it sounds interesting on paper.. but i have doubts about this whole arc story.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:26 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So lois goes for aquaman, and now green arrow? is she going to work her way through the whole justice league? erm

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 01:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

laughing

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:01 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

I think she just has a thing for aqua men

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:07 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

This is going to be great! I was worried that Aquaman was gonna play Green Arrow, but realized it wasn't the same guy from season 5! Silly me!

Green Arrow is kick ass, and I look forward to this arc. Adding another established superhero is a great catch for this season, and may add a little more pep to the stories. Big Blue and the Emerald Archer... TOGETHER!!!

*urinates pants*

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:09 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

soon they might even bring batman on the show.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:16 AM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

no there not

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 03:14 AM
Shadow_King
-

well if they bring on aqua man,flash,the robot guy and green arrow....they should bring Batman.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 03:22 AM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

^ wish they would bring bruce too.. but I don't think it will happen

green arrow hah..

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:12 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

well i hope green arrow is the last superhero they bring onto smallville.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:51 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

Not likely.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:17 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
So lois goes for aquaman, and now green arrow? is she going to work her way through the whole justice league? erm

Seems to be a re-occuring theme. Lois and people who have above normal abilities.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 05:07 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

but usually the women of smallville fall for the guys who have above normal abilities

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:08 PM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Good stuff.

Originally posted by Shadow_King
well i hope green arrow is the last superhero they bring onto smallville.

Good thing you're not a Smallville writer then.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:32 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Originally posted by Smallville
Seems to be a re-occuring theme. Lois and people who have above normal abilities.
I thought that Green Arrow had no special abilities

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 09:12 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

He doesn't as far as I know. He's a pretty stupid character, basically he's just Robin Hood all jazzed up. erm

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 10:10 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Hey, **** you! Green Arrow started off as a lame, knock off Batman, but trust me when I say that the emerald archer is pretty badass when you use him properly.

And no, I don't mean as toilet paper! He's got a whole history of being a hero to the people. Try reading Kevin Smith's run in Green Arrow: Quiver

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 03:38 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

cousins love interest

jimmy

oliver aka green arrow

they are cute.. smile

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 10:06 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote