KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Is the modern Clark kent shallow?

Is the modern Clark kent shallow?
Started by: kabluey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kabluey

Is the modern Clark kent shallow?

Is the modern Clark Kent shallow?
Have we tried too hard to make Clark a modern person, that he spends more time mopping, and worrying about girls?
Where is the real Clark Kent?
Smallville shows descriptively how he discovers and develops his power.
But does it show show how he develops his philosophy of truth and justice. Right and wrong. Morals and virtue. Or is that too outdated for teens this days.
I fear for the future superman in Smallville if he has none of these characteristics.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 04:22 PM
kabluey is currently offline Click here to Send kabluey a Private Message Find more posts by kabluey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

the real clark kents is a bit emotionless..in smallville he actually is sad when something bad happens..it is more realistic

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 04:30 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kairiminé
the real clark kents is a bit emotionless..in smallville he actually is sad when something bad happens..it is more realistic

Are you kidding? The real Clark shows plenty of emotion...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 11:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Re: Is the modern Clark kent shallow?

Originally posted by kabluey
Have we tried too hard to make Clark a modern person, that he spends more time mopping, and worrying about girls?
But does it show show how he develops his philosophy of truth and justice. Right and wrong. Morals and virtue. Or is that too outdated for teens this days.
I fear for the future superman in Smallville if he has none of these characteristics.
Worrying about girls is a natural feeling for all boys

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 12:10 AM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Re: Is the modern Clark kent shallow?

You worry too much. Welling does a very good job of portraying a young Clark Kent.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 01:38 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kabluey

You right about that General, boys worrying girls are natural feelings. i know i do.

i just like see more episodes where we see his character being moulded in preparation of being the man of tomorrow.

like that episode where he decided not to play college football, because of his powers. Any other boys would have taken advantage of it. But not clark, because of his principles. I like the part where chloe afterwards says shes proud of him because of that. A superman apart.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 11:31 AM
kabluey is currently offline Click here to Send kabluey a Private Message Find more posts by kabluey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

You right about that General, boys worrying girls are natural feelings. i know i do.

i just like see more episodes where we see his character being moulded in preparation of being the man of tomorrow.

like that episode where he decided not to play college football, because of his powers. Any other boys would have taken advantage of it. But not clark, because of his principles. I like the part where chloe afterwards says shes proud of him because of that. A superman apart.
But dude, hes about 10 years away from superman. He hasn't fully matured but I definitely see him on his journey to becoming the man of steel. EX
episode with the flash
quiting the football team
saving the doctor that tried to kill pete in season two
trying top save lex even though he could destroy him with his secret
how many episodes has he put his faith in people with th same naivety as the adult many of steel.
Giving up the girl hen loves so she doesn't get hurt

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 07:46 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Re: Re: Is the modern Clark kent shallow?

Originally posted by General Kon-El
Worrying about girls is a natural feeling for all boys

lol he is not like all boys....

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 09:36 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Lord Evolution
lol he is not like all boys....

Hey, that may be true..but he's no Batman.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 09:58 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote