KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Is it just me

Is it just me
Started by: ManO'Tomorrow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ManO'Tomorrow

Is it just me

or do the writers of the show need to start working on making Clark's character mature? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Tom Welling's portrayl of a young Clark Kent; in fact, I think he does a heck of a job with the material he's given. I do however, feel that Clark only rises up to meet a challenge and then goes back to being your typical whiny teenager afterwards. For instance, look at how long he put off going after the three stones or how he has yet to go back to Jor-El for his training (I'm not even going to touch on his relationship with Lana).

I'm tired of Clark being the same (emotionally) as he was three seasons ago. I want to see Clark start to take some steps towards becoming the man that we all know he will become.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 04:57 PM
ManO'Tomorrow is currently offline Click here to Send ManO'Tomorrow a Private Message Find more posts by ManO'Tomorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Hopefully he does season 6?

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:21 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

When Zod was making the agreement w/ Clark to spare the ones he love's, I thought Clark was only doing it because he loved everybody....but I was wrong, there is a 1st time for everything

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 07:19 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Re: Is it just me

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ManO'Tomorrow

I'm tired of Clark being the same (emotionally) as he was three seasons ago. I want to see Clark start to take some steps towards becoming the man that we all know he will become.

Seemed like to me they are headed that way judging from last nights epi.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 09:23 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ManO'Tomorrow

I think you may be right about that. I just watched the episode and I think it looks like they're finally going to have Clark start trying to figure out his place/role on earth.

On a related note, I think Martha's little speech about how every world has its heros is a nice bit of foreshadowing (and also very reminiscent of spider-man 2). I almost expected Clark to make some kind of bad joke about the Justice League.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 09:25 AM
ManO'Tomorrow is currently offline Click here to Send ManO'Tomorrow a Private Message Find more posts by ManO'Tomorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote