KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Has anyone else

Has anyone else
Started by: ManO'Tomorrow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ManO'Tomorrow

Has anyone else

notice that the writers appear to have become much more adept at making subtle references (as opposed to the blatantly obvious ones they use to make)? For instance, shooting the arrow into the spot where Borneo is located on the Daily Planet Globe or having Chloe correct Lois' horrific spelling. However, they faltered at the very end of the episode when they had Chloe give Clark a red kite that is in the shape of the superman emblem while talking about how he should think about the possibilities.

Three cheers for subtlety!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 06:23 AM
ManO'Tomorrow is currently offline Click here to Send ManO'Tomorrow a Private Message Find more posts by ManO'Tomorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

they've always done that in almost every episode SILENCE FOOL........haha

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 03:59 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Marth18
muahahahaha

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 04:01 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

You know, i'll help you out on this one....i say we use this thread to name ALLLLL the times they've done it.....i can only name a few like when

1. Lois rapped him up in a red blanket when she found him in season 4 ep 1.

2. When he said he liked the cape when he was dressed as Zoro.

3. WEARING A RED JACKET AND BLUE SHIRT IN EVERY EPISODE LOL

4. the scar on his chest? i dunno

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 04:10 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

5. hateing masks(thirst)

6. in the 1st ep.where he wore the red blanket after the car crash

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 04:59 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

yea the cape and mask was the same ep same suit too lol

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:29 PM
ManO'Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Marth18

Yes, they've always put in some kind of reference but usually it's a terribly obvious one or one that you have to laugh at because it's that bad. Take the fifth season's episode Exposed for example. I think that by the third of fourth reference the audience realized that the actor who played Jonathan Kent is the same actor that played Bo Duke in the Dukes of Hazzard and the following references were unnecessary. I was saying that now they've become a little more subtle.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 06:15 PM
ManO'Tomorrow is currently offline Click here to Send ManO'Tomorrow a Private Message Find more posts by ManO'Tomorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

that was a funny episode lol, they havnt done anything with The actress that plays martha kent being Lana in the christopher reeves movies, woulda been cool

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 06:25 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

I have one. Remember when the Lois from the Superman movies made references to Martha about being with Dr Swann whose destiny was greater than hers.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 07:51 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

HAHAHA thats awesome, dont remember that

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:05 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Last night Lois said "have you looked up in the sky lately". stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:32 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Also, season 4 episode 1, when clark was flying to the plane, the pilots in the airplane carring lex said while looking at the radar.."What is that? A bird? A plane?"

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:33 PM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Guys(and gals) I have just recently came to the answer as to where they get Clarks plaid shirts, It took me forever lookin all throughout the web but I found out that Acrombie and Finch have all the kind of Plaid and Flanel T-shirts Clark wears. Didnt Tom work for Acrombie and Finch before Smallville?

(obviously I didnt spell the store name correctly but you all nknow which one I'm talking about)

Last edited by Kal of Krypton on Oct 8th, 2006 at 12:31 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 12:24 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

isnt it Ambercombie? hell i dont know, that place is for **** anyways

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 04:37 PM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

well you know thhe store better then me for spelling the name right. 10 POINTS TO MARTH!!!!!!!!!1

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 12:37 AM
seancstew

ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH...(correct spelling)

Also known as, the place where silly, idiotic, image concious shop so that they may hopefully at some pointhave a chance to be normal...

of course, I probably misspelled concious.. but then again, I give about 3 poops.

Anyway, I have been watching smallville since its inception, and I am loathe to be called a fanboy about anything. BUT, I have noticed, that in EVERY episode clark does seem to wear red and blue. it was the same way in S5 ep4, when AquaTeen ( sorry, he aint a man yet) wore teal and orange ( of course, he was supposedly from miami, and he might have been a HUGE dolphins fan)

Subtle references are the key to smallville, same as in Superman returns, that movie was chock full of them(at least none of them related to richard prior)

I am still catching up on season 5, since I was depoyed for most of it. All I can say is this.

Chloe, well, she is hot, physically, she gets a 6(compared to lana's and lois's 10's) but, seriously, damn, her character is really cool.

lana, yeah, shes hot, but vindictive, silly, and overall, a total ditz. HELLO!!! clark died, then shows up in a nearly burned shirt after a nuke nearly decimated smallville.

Lois, give the character time to grow, she has not had nearly enough exposure, other than comic relief.

allright, I invite the flames, and its good to be here.

Sean. (and in response to another thread, yes, that is my real first name)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 01:57 AM
seancstew is currently offline Click here to Send seancstew a Private Message Find more posts by seancstew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seancstew

Oh, another subtle reference.

if anyone missed the fact that oliver was the geen arrow, then it should have been obvious the minute that...

A) His name was mentioned and then later, he as seen with bow and arrow.

and

B) he is blonde, rich, and an enemy of the luthors.

(the green arrow HATED lex, period. his enmity with him went deeper than Supe's ever could, which was poorly relayedin the comics.)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 02:03 AM
seancstew is currently offline Click here to Send seancstew a Private Message Find more posts by seancstew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seancstew

oh yeah, another one.....

regarding Aqua...

AC "We should start up a junior lifeguard association"

Clark " I am not sure that I am ready for the JLA yet"

Wow, talk about subtle. big grin that make the red and blue flannel sirts seem like a beacon on a lighthouse.

bah, Smallville is full if references to the movies, and the comics. Thats why people like us like it so much. It goes beyond the typical formula that so often keeps the shallow ( hehe, sorry, shallow, Aquaman, GET IT MUAHHAAHAHA!!!!)
People occupied, I mean, I can only be so desparate, and frankly, getting lost and seeing a tree on a hill is not that exciting.

Okay, if that was not subtlile enough, then I dont dont know what is....

But, sadly enough, I can always be found on gilmore street..

(okay, I am a little bit of a sap, but ONLY a little)

again flames welcome, andresponses required. OH!!! pop quiz...

when was milton fine officially named braniac in the series?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 02:47 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I think that the Smallville writers may have perfected "Obvious Subtlety". Think about it: Obvious to us, but very subtle to the characters and/or anyone who knows nothing about Superman while watching Smallville.

Besides, I love the corny references. Like when Clark was "updating" the school symbol with his stylized "S" in metal shop (1st season)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 02:59 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sXe
jenr

Dan-El, why are you using my boyfriend (Ast)'s sig? lol

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 03:36 AM
sXe is currently offline Click here to Send sXe a Private Message Find more posts by sXe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote