KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Smallville - The Movie....help wanted

Smallville - The Movie....help wanted
Started by: daveytod

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
daveytod

Smallville - The Movie....help wanted

Hi all,

My (screen)name is daveytod, and I am particularly interested in editing and DVD creation. I have completed several projects that are available on the net (please visit originaltrilogyDOTcom for details).

My current project is something that has stewed in my mind for quite some time. Editing each season (or major story arc) of Smallville into a coherent movie.

Now whilst Smallville is easily on of my favourite TV shows, I'm not what you'd call an uber-fan (more of a Star Wars geek m'self), which is why I'm asking for help.

I need people who know the show inside and out to help me script these movies. I have access to everything I need, DVDs, software, etc, and am currently in the process of going through season one episode by episode to see what I can use. But ideally I'd like to get some other people on board with this to offer fresh insight and ideas.

So if anyone on these boards has any ideas or opinions on this, then please, this is the place for them.

thanks for listening

daveytod

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 11:07 PM
daveytod is currently offline Click here to Send daveytod a Private Message Find more posts by daveytod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Sounds cool, but how would you like to do it? What do you want for a story line? How do you want it to go?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 01:12 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daveytod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kal875
Sounds cool, but how would you like to do it? What do you want for a story line? How do you want it to go?

Hi,

Okay, for the first season, obviously I need to include most of the first episode, and I'd also like to keep in the whole scarecrow storyline due to its iconic imagery. This means I also have to keep the villan of the episode, but wether I keep this in the order shown, or jig it about so the confrontation hapens towards the end of the film is up for debate.

I'd also like to keep in the storyline with the guy from the inquisitor.

Liek I said, I haven't got all the way through season one yet (I'm about halfway), but what I'm essentially looking for are recurring storylines, and 'major' plots i.e. Clark discovering new powers, anything to do with the ship, etc

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 02:54 PM
daveytod is currently offline Click here to Send daveytod a Private Message Find more posts by daveytod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Death Maker

Oh and how are you going to cast Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk & the others in this movie of yours?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 05:10 PM
Death Maker is currently offline Click here to Send Death Maker a Private Message Find more posts by Death Maker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daveytod

obviously you didnt read my post. I plan on making an movie by editing scenes from various episodes of the first season together

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 05:38 PM
derrick666
Psionic

Sounds good, I would like to see your movie when you finish it... please.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 06:58 PM
derrick666 is currently offline Click here to Send derrick666 a Private Message Find more posts by derrick666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daveytod

that may be a while yet, but sure.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 07:50 PM
derrick666
Psionic

Doesn't matter, I can wait for it to come to completion.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2006 07:59 PM
derrick666 is currently offline Click here to Send derrick666 a Private Message Find more posts by derrick666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daveytod

well, feel free to chime in with ideas

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 12:19 AM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

hmm ok.. no lois yet..

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 01:49 PM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daveytod

well, it is only season one I'm working on at present, so that shouldnt be a problem

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 02:46 PM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

So it's kind of like the Phantom Edit then?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 09:25 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daveytod

well, not really. I don't plan on chainging anything, or altering the storyline. This projects more about refining and condensing all 21 eps of season 1 into one 2 hour or so movie

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 11:34 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by daveytod
Hi all,

My (screen)name is daveytod, and I am particularly interested in editing and DVD creation. I have completed several projects that are available on the net (please visit originaltrilogyDOTcom for details).

My current project is something that has stewed in my mind for quite some time. Editing each season (or major story arc) of Smallville into a coherent movie.

Now whilst Smallville is easily on of my favourite TV shows, I'm not what you'd call an uber-fan (more of a Star Wars geek m'self), which is why I'm asking for help.

I need people who know the show inside and out to help me script these movies. I have access to everything I need, DVDs, software, etc, and am currently in the process of going through season one episode by episode to see what I can use. But ideally I'd like to get some other people on board with this to offer fresh insight and ideas.

So if anyone on these boards has any ideas or opinions on this, then please, this is the place for them.

thanks for listening

daveytod

slightly off topic, but could you let me know what software you use? i've always wanted to be able to do the kinds of things your talking about...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 12:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

oh, I see, so you just want to make Season 1 into an hour movie?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 02:49 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daveytod

pr1983 - I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard, a fantastic program. it's helped me create several projects...'Star Wars - The Sith Revealed', 'Star Wars Episode III - The Video Game - The Movie' (not the catchiest of titles), 'Star Wars Battlefront - Journal of the 501st' and '24 - The Missing Day'.

Google em for more info.

Kal875 - Thats exactly the plan, please feel free to chime in with ideas

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 07:03 PM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

I know what I'm about to say might not help you out much but just put in all the important stuff without anything involving the ship of meteor freaks......or is that all of season 1?lol

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 08:31 PM
daveytod

thats pretty much the plan, I really don't want too many 'villain of the week- characters in there

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 09:34 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by daveytod
pr1983 - I use Womble MPEG Video Wizard, a fantastic program. it's helped me create several projects...'Star Wars - The Sith Revealed', 'Star Wars Episode III - The Video Game - The Movie' (not the catchiest of titles), 'Star Wars Battlefront - Journal of the 501st' and '24 - The Missing Day'.

Google em for more info.

Kal875 - Thats exactly the plan, please feel free to chime in with ideas

thx thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 11:37 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

I think maybe allowing room for a few of them would be a decent idea. I mean, if you're going to do one movie for each season, then I think a good idea would be to include the leech, the freak hunter, and freak twins because all 3 come back to get Clark later on.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 07:57 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote