KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » 4.7 GB DVD+R... Help

4.7 GB DVD+R... Help
Started by: Morning_Glory

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Smile 4.7 GB DVD+R... Help

I just got a DVD recorder with Lightscribe

anyways... if you have a 4 GB DVD+R (for my computer)- -and when I record a normal full length movie off my tv (with the dvd recorder for the tv) -- I can normally record about 2 movies on 1 disc .... but when I try to record a movie on to a disc off of my computer, I can only get half of the movie...? why?

does anyone know, if there are settings I need to set on my computer or I need to get a different type of DVD disc?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 05:44 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

What is the size of the movie, many movies now are larger then 4GB.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:11 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThePittman
What is the size of the movie, many movies now are larger then 4GB.

the one I want to do is - the first half of the movie is 701 MB... and I can get the all of that onto one disc but when I put the other half it goes over the 4GB

but if I was recording the same movie off of TV... it would easily fit onto one disc

I guess I just have to get dvd's with more space on them sad

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:17 PM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

What is the size of the 2nd half of the movie?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:23 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Download two programs, one named WinAviConverter (I'm assuming that these films are in the AVI format, but it can do many other formats too) and the other named DVDShrink.

You should be able to find these at normal, legal download sites, but if not go to torrentspy or some other torrent site.

You can convert you movie file into DVD using WinAvi. You can then upload your DVD off of your PC onto DVDShrink. DVDShrink will compress the DVD file size (you won't be able to tell a difference in quality, so don't sweat it), and it'll burn the DVD onto your DVD+R with no problem.

It may sound a bit complicated, but it's very simple, I do it in a few minutes on a daily basis. The converting, though, takes a little while.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:53 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Solo
Download two programs, one named WinAviConverter (I'm assuming that these films are in the AVI format, but it can do many other formats too) and the other named DVDShrink.

You should be able to find these at normal, legal download sites, but if not go to torrentspy or some other torrent site.

You can convert you movie file into DVD using WinAvi. You can then upload your DVD off of your PC onto DVDShrink. DVDShrink will compress the DVD file size (you won't be able to tell a difference in quality, so don't sweat it), and it'll burn the DVD onto your DVD+R with no problem.

It may sound a bit complicated, but it's very simple, I do it in a few minutes on a daily basis. The converting, though, takes a little while.

I use DVDDecoder and DVDShrink...also try to find an Avi joiner, making those 2 halves into one file.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 09:58 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by LanceWindu
making those 2 halves into one file.

WinAvi can do that as well.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 10:15 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

Originally posted by Solo

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I use DVDDecoder and DVDShrink...also try to find an Avi joiner, making those 2 halves into one file.

awesome! Thanks so much for your help... going to give this a try first thing in the morninghappy

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 03:19 AM
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

so Im suppose to convert my movies into AVI or ...

what I did was press the "DVD" convert button...and batching both halves into 1 title

hope this is right

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 06:17 AM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

The old version of DivXtoDVD is free, I think it's version 0.52. The newer one is available at a nominal fee and will combine multiple AVI files to be burned to a DVD and will convert them for you. No need to buy larger discs. With that program too (called ConvertXtoDVD now, after it went retail), that's the only program you need for creation. Then you just need to have Nero or any other DVD burning application to burn the disc.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:20 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote