KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Overheating issues...

Overheating issues...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Overheating issues...

Okay so I have a 2 year old Dell Inspiron laptop. A few weeks ago I was using it and out of nowhere the screen went blue and it powered down automatically. The laptop itself felt abnormally hot to the touch afterward (and yes, it sits on a USB-powered external cooling fan any time I use it.) Anyway, I was able to turn it back on a few minutes later, and after 10-15mins of use, the same exact thing happened again.

Is it possible that the computer's internal fan went out, or could something else be causing this extreme equipment failure?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 10:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Overheating issues...

You an easily check the fan, is warm/hot air being pumped out the cooling vent? Is the fan making noise? Flip it over, is the fan moving?

Could be as simple as dust clogging up the vents, get a can of "air" and blow that *****.

Google your exact model and see if it's a lemon, friend had a 2 year old HP blow out due to the manufacturer using a ridiculously small heat-sink on the GPU. There's a class-action lawsuit against HP for her model of laptop.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 11:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Warm/hot air has blown out of the exhaust ever since I got the laptop... Just never thought anything of it, and never had any issues with it until just recently.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 03:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avenderware

I cant say from here wheather your internal fan went out but try a external water cooling system

Old Post May 16th, 2012 08:30 AM
Avenderware is currently offline Click here to Send Avenderware a Private Message Find more posts by Avenderware Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote