KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Do You enjoy being God?

Do You enjoy being God?
Started by: debbiejo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

Do You enjoy being God?

Do you enjoy being God and if so, what are you doing about it.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:45 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

hmmm interesting thread...Define God in your opinion...then you'll recieve an answer..

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:52 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

God = creating.....

I create. Been told to stop creating, been told that somethings I create smells. I create my experiences, create my time, create my associations, my dreams, and my reality....

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:57 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild

being God...eh it's fun!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:59 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild

do you enjoy it...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 07:10 AM
finti

yes

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 01:45 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
God = creating.....

I create. Been told to stop creating, been told that somethings I create smells. I create my experiences, create my time, create my associations, my dreams, and my reality....

technically the only thing you create is your words. But that is subserviant because your words are formed from the movemment of the mouth and the vibration of the vocal chords. So it's like a secondary creation, but just to have a little fun. Being God is ok, lots of work though. Only a guy who's lived since the beginning of time, can go on vaction and come back to see that's nothings changed. Not me though, I turn my eyes away from one sec, and there's chaos and mayhem...I need a vaction...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:37 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socialrebel101
Queen of the Universe

I enjoy it more than you'll believe. God rules = I rule! cool Happy Dance yes

You underestimate my power...
-m

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 10:10 PM
socialrebel101 is currently offline Click here to Send socialrebel101 a Private Message Find more posts by socialrebel101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XxoooxX

Yes we are all gods. And it is fun eek!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:19 AM
XxoooxX is currently offline Click here to Send XxoooxX a Private Message Find more posts by XxoooxX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

I bring war and suffering. I play Golf with Satan.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 09:26 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

god is with in us....So we are all capable of being all that can change all there is.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2005 02:26 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I know nothing else.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 06:44 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markie
calgon take me away

I hate to say it but Jesus Christ in the bible always did sound a bit funny to me.
Was Jesus Gay?
Was Jesus Gay?
If Jesus behaved to today as he did then, he would most certainly be labeled gay. There are two other related questions, was his sexual preference male and did he have sex with males. These two are much harder to answer.

Modern day Christians attempt to deter homosexuality by denying civil rights to gay citizens. This flagrantly violates the golden rule: Matthew 7:12, Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets, but that does not seem to put the slightest damper on any Christian's righteous indignation.

Ironically, there is some evidence that Jesus himself was gay. I am not claiming Jesus was necessarily sexually active, only that his natural sexual orientation was toward males rather than females. There is no explicit mention of him having sex with anyone in the bible. The very notion of homosexual is a rather recent invention. Every society has quite different attitudes and taboos about same sex affection and sexual activity. What I am saying is that if Jesus were alive today, people would label him gay. His behaviour might have been considered well within male behaviour norms in his day. This essay then is more about how society's standards of acceptable behaviour have changed since biblical times than about Jesus himself.

In other words, if Jesus came back today, the religious right would crucify him anew as a homosexual.

The Evidence
Jesus was one of the gentlest people who ever lived. He was no John Wayne. Usually we label such gentle souls pansies no matter what their sexual preference.
Jesus totally rejected the masculine code of valour and violence universally espoused in his time. Today such people are called commies, draft dodgers and queers.
Jesus had plenty of opportunity to have sex with women, but he always avoided it. If a modern man did the same, we would assume he was gay.
Jesus hung out with disreputable people, including hookers, and all manner of sinners, including sodomites. If a modern man kept such bad company, we would not assume he was 100% heterosexual.
Jesus associated almost exclusively with men. He and his friends were physically intimate with each other, putting their heads in each other's laps to dine. If a modern North American male behaved this way, it might raise some eyebrows.
Jesus and his male friends like to kiss each other, for example Matthew 26:49. We North Americans are rather inhibited about kissing each other, though Greeks and Russians do it with gusto. If a North American male did this, of course, we would assume he was gay.
Jesus's "groupies" competed, each claiming to love Jesus the most.
John 13:25 tells of John lying with his head on Jesus's breast. Straight men don't do that, at least not in our culture.
A group of men met at the Council of Nicea and decided what to include in the Bible and what to censor. We like to assume their decisions were perfect and 100% divinely inspired. However,… There's a suppressed part of the Gospel of Mark quoted in a letter from Clement, Bishop of Alexandria, to Theodore, the priest of an early Christian community, c.95 AD, that goes like this:
“And thus they come into Bethany, and a certain, woman whose brother had died, was there. And coming she prostrated herself before Jesus and sayeth unto him, ‘Son of David have mercy on me’. But the disciples rebuked her.
And Jesus, being angered, went off with her into the garden where the tomb was, and straightway a great cry was heard from the tomb.

And going near, Jesus rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb. And straightway, going in where the youth was, he stretched forth his hand and raised him, seizing his hand.

But the youth, looking upon him, loved him and began to beseech him that he might be with him. And going out of the tomb they came into the house of the youth, for he was rich.

And after six days, Jesus told him what to do and in the evening the youth comes to him, wearing a linen cloth over nakedness. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God. And thence arising, he returned to the other side of the Jordan.’

Holy Blood, Holy Grail
The paragraph is quoted almost exactly in Baigent's Holy Blood, Holy Grail.. Secret Gospel: The Discovery and Interpretation of the Secret Gospel according to Mark
0-913922-55-2
Prof. Morton H. Smith.

They took the text from Prof. Morton Smith's Secret Gospel-- not a speculation book, but a scholarly treatise on existing documents. Now, after great part of the Nag Hammadi scrolls has been deciphered, the placement of the excised text within the Gospel of Mark is rather known: it's between Mark 14:11-12. Compare to John 11-12. It's likely there's a part missing in the story. The youth Jesus has raised is Lazarus, who's mentioned by name in the Gospel of John.
The extant text in the standard version of Mark narrating the arrest of Jesus, contains the curious verses (14:51-52):
“And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body ; and the young men laid hold on him:
And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.”

which bears no relationship to the rest of the story unless something else is missing. If a modern man were caught in a park with a naked youth, he would have quite some explaining to do to the vice squad.
On the Kinsey scale, about one in ten people is considered homosexual. This means approximately 10% of the people mentioned in the Bible were homosexual too, using the modern standard. Some were open, like David and Jonathan. Some were closeted like Paul. There must be a great many more of them. The most likely candidates are Jesus, Lazarus, Ruth and James, and perhaps all the apostles. Since standards of behaviour were different in those days, and since the very concept homosexual was not even invented, of course these people would not have identified themselves as gay. They would have just felt they had extremely deep love or friendship for people of the same sex.
But Isn't Homosexuality a Sin?
“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals, and 362 to heterosexuals. This doesn't mean God doesn't love heterosexuals, it's just that they need more supervision.”
~ Lynn Lavner, a lesbian comic
Only the most diehard bigots consider homosexuality itself a sin, namely being sexually attracted to your own gender. The issue is about having sexual acts with members of your own gender.
Leviticus 20:13 is a the main biblical chestnut use to justify beating up, killing or even denying equal civil rights to homosexuals.

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”
~ Leviticus 20:13
(literal word for word translation)
And a man who will lie down the man the woman's naps abomination he does both-of-them death he will die their blood in them.
Clarity is not one of the deity's major virtues. It's almost as if God said Plant your rutabagas in a straight row, and the overeager Christians took it to mean Kill all the homosexuals. It is worthy of Monty Python.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:34 PM
markie is currently offline Click here to Send markie a Private Message Find more posts by markie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markie
calgon take me away

Note the other sins punishable by death in the old testament:

not being Jewish (Deuteronomy 17:2)
sex before marriage (Deuteronomy 22:13)
refusal to obey your parents (Deuteronomy 21:18)
gathering firewood on Sunday (Numbers 15:32)
eating lobster (Leviticus 11:9)

Why are the fundamentalists so lax about avoiding clear sins like gathering firewood and so ardent in prosecuting a questionable one — homosexuality. I am tempted to think they are the bad guys — the wolves in sheep's clothing Jesus warned about in Matthew
“Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.”
~ Ezekiel 16:49
So sodomy is not homosexuality after all as the religious right have been telling us. The bible defines it explicitly as something that sounds suspiciously like modern Kristian Republicanism i.e. a combination of four elements:

pride
gluttonous wealth
idle wealth
heedlessness to the plight of the poor
So fundamentalists have been lying to us about their own bible, in order to excuse their scapegoating homosexuals and excuse their own true sodomy.

Further, when I read the story of Lot for myself in Genesis 19, I found the anal rape interpretation absurd, based on a middle English pun on the word know.

The much older Qur'an retells the same story with no rape, just xenophobia.

Check out Revelation 14:3-4 where it says the only ones who will make it to heaven are 144,000 male virgins. The only virgins you will find in our day are under puberty or are gay.

“And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.”
~ Revelation 14:3-4
Conclusion
If he walks like a duck and talks like a duck, then he is a duck, (in all probability)… except of course if his name is Jesus. If someone today acted as Jesus did then, his behaviour would be suspect. Of course, Jesus can do no wrong, so if by some miracle God provided a photo of Jesus giving Lazarus a blow job, modern day Christians would rationalise it away that Jesus was merely cleaning Lazarus's penis.
Blasphemy! you scream. Jesus was the son of God, for Heaven's sake. He could not possibly be one of those lowly scum. He is a great king. If you are so sure Jesus could never be one of the lowly people of society, consider these two verses: Luke 2:7 and Matthew 13:55.

Finally consider what Jesus had to say about the "unclean" outcasts of his own time in Luke 10:33-37. Pay particular attention to verse 37.

Jermmindprod\religion\wasjesusgay.html

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 05:34 PM
markie is currently offline Click here to Send markie a Private Message Find more posts by markie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Now that's some interesting gay stuff. Though I just can't imagine myself....And I like lobster too.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 06:25 PM
finti

I think jesus was gay, and that jealousy was the reason for Judas betrayal

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:33 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by finti
I think jesus was gay, and that jealousy was the reason for Judas betrayal

laughing

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 07:36 PM
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
technically the only thing you create is your words. But that is subserviant because your words are formed from the movemment of the mouth and the vibration of the vocal chords. So it's like a secondary creation, but just to have a little fun. Being God is ok, lots of work though. Only a guy who's lived since the beginning of time, can go on vaction and come back to see that's nothings changed. Not me though, I turn my eyes away from one sec, and there's chaos and mayhem...I need a vaction...

and while we're getting techinical, the actual definition of god:

God
a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
b. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.

not a single thing in that whole definition about creating.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 10:06 PM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Jesus loves you, But I'M his favorite...... big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 11:39 PM