KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » If someone Burned the Bible

If someone Burned the Bible
Started by: Lord Urizen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Question If someone Burned the Bible

What happens to them ? What would you do them ?

Does thier wicked soul get cast into the Eternal Hellfire ? Is this a Mortal Sin ? Can God forgive someone for burning the pages of the Bible ?

Or is it so horrid an offense that they will surely burn like the book they cast a flame ?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:36 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know, I was going to answer this, and then I realized that the three main Christian posters on the religion forum have been over this again and again.

So I'm not going to answer it.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:38 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FeceMan
You know, I was going to answer this, and then I realized that the three main Christian posters on the religion forum have been over this again and again.

So I'm not going to answer it.

If that is so, then please provide me the link to the answer, and I will burn this thread...I mean...have it closed.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:38 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

The reason I am curious is because in Islam, even getting the pages dirty will get atleast one of your limbs cut off.

I read somewhere that someone threatened to wipe his ass with the pages of the Quran and he was executed within that hour.

The same way artistic or visual portrayals of Muhammed are punishable by death.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:39 PM
TRH
Grand Poobah

BOO ISLAM SUCKS

Sig By pittman

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:42 PM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcu

I honestly don't know.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:43 PM
marcu is currently offline Click here to Send marcu a Private Message Find more posts by marcu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look.

There's one sin that results in damnation--one overarching sin from which every other sin stems, and that's blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. (That is, denying the salvation of God.)

You can burn Bibles and still go to heaven. You can burn crucifixes and still go to heaven. You can even burn Christians and still go to heaven.

Paul--before his conversion--was a persecutor of Christians. Then he became one of the most influential Christians ever.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:44 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Look.

There's one sin that results in damnation--one overarching sin from which every other sin stems, and that's blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. (That is, denying the salvation of God.)

You can burn Bibles and still go to heaven. You can burn crucifixes and still go to heaven. You can even burn Christians and still go to heaven.

Paul--before his conversion--was a persecutor of Christians. Then he became one of the most influential Christians ever.

Wow that's stupid...so God will get more angry if I deny his existance than If I burn one of his followers alive ? erm

Your God sure has his priorities out of order....

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:58 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by TRH
BOO ISLAM SUCKS

thumb up

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:59 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Wow that's stupid...so God will get more angry if I deny his existance than If I burn one of his followers alive ? erm

Your God sure has his priorities out of order....

It has nothing to do with anger and all to do with salvation.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 09:00 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

It has nothing to do with anger and all to do with salvation.

Salvation from what ?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 09:01 PM
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Its forgiveable, nothing indicates otherwise. Time to close the thread.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 11:57 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Nellinator
Its forgiveable, nothing indicates otherwise. Time to close the thread.

What If I wiped my ass with pages from the Bible ? Would God forgive me for it ?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 12:46 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

What If I wiped my ass with pages from the Bible ? Would God forgive me for it ?

Probably.

Mostly because you'd have to be pretty desperate or stupid to wipe your ass with paper.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 12:58 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Re: If someone Burned the Bible

What happens to them ? What would you do them ?

Does thier wicked soul get cast into the Eternal Hellfire ? Is this a Mortal Sin ? Can God forgive someone for burning the pages of the Bible ?

Or is it so horrid an offense that they will surely burn like the book they cast a flame ?

I wouldn't particularly care beyond then fact I feel there is little need for such over the top displays of disrespect.

Same if someone defaces a flag or the Koran or whatever. They are just objects, a persons life shouldn't hinge on it. A stupid thing to do perhaps, but not life or soul influencing.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:32 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'd reprimand him for wasting paper.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 02:21 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look.

Wow, really. Hell, in my religion people can still deny it and go to Paradise...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 02:25 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRH
Grand Poobah

Originally posted by Blaxican
Wow, really. Hell, in my religion people can still deny it and go to Paradise...
and what is that

Sig By pittman

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 02:28 AM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

If you asked. Time to close the thread now.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 03:29 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Nellinator
If you asked. Time to close the thread now.

Why?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 03:41 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote