KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Religion Forum Best Posts Hall of Fame Thread

Religion Forum Best Posts Hall of Fame Thread
Started by: JesusIsAlive

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile Religion Forum Best Posts Hall of Fame Thread

Posts only no replies. Post your most cogent arguments (i.e. posts) that support your view and what you believe is true for others reading pleasure. Let others pick your brain (from your posts of course) and appreciate your intelligence. But only posts that are related to the Religion Forum. Hey, I will read what you have posted if it is cogent/plausible/logical enough.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
First (and with all due respect) I really don't care what Einstein believed. I believe all lot things but what does my belief have to do with the price of tea in China? It does not matter what you believe but what you can substantiate with logic, reason, and strong support, which is why I believe that God is.

Second, you are wrong that I don't have proof that God created everything. I can see proof of God's creative ability all around me, regardless of whether the Bible tells me that God created the Heavens and the earth or not. It does not take a phd in biology or astrophysics to understand that there is way to much evidence for design and order in the universe, so much so that many things can be mathematically determined with utmost precision based on natural laws, probability, and other statistics. I have no assumptions, I base my belief on clear, overwhelming evidence for the Creator. God's knowledge, infinite wisdom, intelligence, and understanding is conspicuously evident in the things that exist. Everything in this universe appears to function with purpose, design, and according to predictable, empirically testable laws. If your loved one created a building with Lego blocks would you conclude that random, chance process caused by an explosion produced that structure? Only a fool would reason that something like that came about on its own. That mode of thinking is highly contradictory and shamefully illogical. Yet this is how many people think with regard to the origin of the universe and life (which is exceedingly more complex).

I don't recall saying that God could have created anything with a single thought. If I did say those exact words then I will eat crow. Until such time please, don't put words in my mouth. Thank you. big grin

All the examples that I provided are not self-sustaining and self-replicating? This is precisely my point (follow closely ThePittman): if those non, self-sustaining, non, self-replicating examples at the very minimum required a designer, what makes you believe that the universe and life which are exceedingly more complicated just came about randomly, without a Designer? Your logic is faulty, flawed, erroneous, and fallacious.

Oh, protobionts are not living organisms, they simply exhibit life properties. But that is not life. Besides, producing something in a controlled environment under predertermined circumstnaces with the aid of highly educated scientists does not remotely mimic or simulate the early earth condionts (sorry, but these are the facts).

So, in conclusion, life (all life) required an intelligent Creator (I just supported this in the paragraph directly above this one with regard to protobionts requiring the help of intelligent scientists).

Protobionts are not living organisms, they simply exhibit some life properties. But that is not life. Besides, producing something in a controlled environment under predetermined circumstances with the aid of highly educated scientists does not remotely mimic or simulate the early earth conditions (sorry, but these are the facts). So if the supposed precursors of prokaryotic cells (i.e. protobionts) required at the very minimum and intelligent scientist who is trained and educated in scientific practice and principles, and is versed in how to perform scientific research in accordance with the scientific method and other scientific process was necessary to orchestrate the formation of protobionts by guiding, overseeing, and orchestrating the process, what makes you believe that life (complicated life) could have come about from a random, undirected, unmanaged, unguided, unintelligent, chance occurrence? (I don't understand why you cannot see the illogic in this line of thinking). The simplest protobionts could not emerge without the aid of an intelligent, highly educated scientist yet you believe that complicated life, with all of its complexity and variety, intelligence, order, design, apparent purpose, and ingenuity just fortuitously came about with just the right circumstances to support and perpetuate all of them? There isn't this amount of luck and fortuity in the universe. Scientists have done calculations that determine likelihood of an event occurring. Based on those findings they have determined that life could not have emerged by chance. (Sorry, but these are the facts).

If you doubt anything that I have written AngryManatee then do a search on the internet for yourself to find out what scientists have to say about the possibility of life emerging by chance. You will be astonished.

big grin

What argument still stands? Your argument that protobionts can self-assemble? They cannot do this without the aid of highly educated scientists overseeing the process. If they could do it independently then why don't they? They need a guided hand in the process.

Your argument fell a long time ago.

big grin

The answer to this question should end all debate. Question: have any of those protobionts ever self-assembled without the aid of an intellegent human?

I rest my case.

big grin

There is no time where God is. Time is linked to space and matter (here in this physical world).

You don't think there is something strange about the fact that some scientists believe that this universe is the product of a random, chance explosion or expansion?

How can something putatively constructed randomly and by chance result in complex, intelligent life, and laws that function logically and with mathematical precision? Scientists are still trying to discover and figure out the many mysteries that this universe presents to them? The notion that the universe and everything in it is a product of chance is so incredible that it should not even been considered for debate. It makes no logical, rational sense.

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Last edited by JesusIsAlive on May 14th, 2007 at 08:36 AM

Old Post May 14th, 2007 08:33 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

This seems to be a ego thread. Somebody please close this thread. eek!

Old Post May 14th, 2007 02:36 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post May 14th, 2007 03:24 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

quote:
Originally posted by Storm

Prideful people, those guilty of committing the deadly sin of pride, are said to be punished in hell.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post May 14th, 2007 03:48 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

eek! <--- btw, I don't look like that in real life.....lol

Old Post May 14th, 2007 03:49 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Old Post May 14th, 2007 03:59 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Preach it brotha!!!!!

Old Post May 14th, 2007 06:28 PM
Boris is currently offline Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Old Post May 14th, 2007 06:40 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

This post definitely deserves a place in the hall of fame.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 14th, 2007 06:42 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

What proof do you have that JIA is being prideful if he is just showing some of his posts???

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Last edited by JacopeX on May 15th, 2007 at 02:55 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2007 02:45 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by JacopeX
What proof do you have that JLA is being prideful if he is just showing some of his posts???

no expression

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 02:49 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

i actually find this thread funny.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 02:53 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
no expression
What-Proof-Do-You-Have-That-JIA-was-being-prideful-if-he-was-just-showing-his-posts?

Is that good enough for you or do I have to break it down letter by letter.....

Old Post May 15th, 2007 02:56 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The worst part is that they're BAD posts...

Old Post May 15th, 2007 02:58 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

What proof do you have that JIA is being prideful if he is just showing some of his posts???
Maybe this part wink

quote:
Hey, I will read what you have posted if it is cogent/plausible/logical enough.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:06 AM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ThePittman
Maybe this part wink
Same excuse like always. It is used so much, it is starting to sound like a lie more than sence you make.....

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:08 AM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Same excuse like always. It is used so much, it is starting to sound like a lie more than sence you make.....

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:11 AM
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

Pay no attention to this stupid Latino.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:12 AM
The_God is currently offline Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Violent K
Pay no attention to this stupid Latino.
I have no idea what he just said.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:13 AM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

:sigh:

Ok, let me quit and start over!

Why would you say JIA is being prideful if he is only showing a couple posts he probably "Thinks" should be in the hall of fame if he thinks the words of preaching for his faith is good? Atheists would do the same, but only the opposite!

Old Post May 15th, 2007 03:13 AM