KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Religion....same Box, Different Names ...

Religion....same Box, Different Names ...
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

Religion....same Box, Different Names ...

RELIGION ...

(please log in to view the image)

SAME BOX, DIFFERENT NAMES ...

Hello all,

It's been another week of religious knicker-twisting, I see. Or, to put it more accurately, it's been another playtime at the kindergarten.

Pope Nazi has upset Muslims by quoting a 14th century Christian emperor who said Mohammed had brought the world only 'evil and inhuman' things.

Actually, to be fair, he was very close to the truth had he just changed a word or two. Try this for size, oh Papal One: 'Religion has brought the world evil and inhuman things'.

There you go, a touch of editing and we've hit the button. Religion has been a plague on the human psyche, a means of mass enslavement and slaughter, and a pulpit for the arrogant, blinkered and self-righteous.

Of course, there have been those who have expressed their spirituality and decency through religion and I am not saying it has only brought 'evil and inhuman things'. But in general that is certainly the case.

http://www.davidicke.com/images/sto...6/popepint1.gif[/img]
Danger: Religion - not to be taken seriously.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc. are basically all the same with their history of viciousness and violence in the name of their gods. Again, that is not to say that all followers of those faiths are vicious and violent, clearly the majority are not. But as vehicles of suppression and violence, with encouragement for both in their 'holy texts', they are an abomination visited upon the world.

Their sacred books are so contradictory that you can justify almost anything with a quote from their manipulated pages. 'God' must be a schizophrenic.

Look through the Bible or Koran and you'll find endless excuses to be violent or peaceful, kind or vindictive. As Muslim scholar Fareed Zakaria, said: 'The Qur'an is a vast, vague book, filled with poetry and contradictions. You can find in it condemnations of war and incitements to struggle, beautiful expressions of tolerance and stern pictures against unbelievers.'

So it is with the Bible.

There are parts of the Koran that justify the claims that Islam is a 'peaceful religion' and, whether it be in Britain or in my travels through the Middle East, my experience of Muslims has been of an overwhelmingly kind and welcoming people. But the Koran does include passages that condone or encourage horrible violence and imposition:

Sura 5:36-38 prescribes four types of punishments for those who oppose Allah and his prophet, Mohammed: "The punishment of those who wage war against God and His Apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the hereafter, except for those who repent before they fall into your power. In that case, know that God is oft-forgiving, most merciful. O ye who believe! Do your duty to God. Seek the means of approach unto Him, and strive with might and main in His cause, that ye may prosper."

The four types of punishments (cutting off the head, crucifixion, maiming, or exile), which were to be applied according to the circumstances, reveal the ruthless methods used by Muslim invaders to advance their religion.'

Source: Dr. Samuele Bacchiocchi, Violence in the Bible and Koran -
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f...on/696408/posts

If you want to justify a violent Jihad or 'Holy War' against non-Muslims then you will find your justification in the Koran, as those who follow the peaceful path will also find encouragement in the same book. It depends on which bit you choose to read and how you choose to interpret

LOL

Islam is a 'peaceful religion'? Not for everyone it isn't

Classically, Dr. Bacchiocchi, in that article, Violence in the Bible and Koran, highlights the calls to arms in the Koran, but then claims there is no incitement to violence in the Christian Bible. This is the 'My dad's better than your dad' syndrome that pervades religious 'debate'. Bacchiocchi writes:

'Such [Islamic] methods stand in stark contrast to the teachings of Jesus to win men and women for the Kingdom of God by proclaiming the Good News of God's saving grace through the atoning sacrifice of Christ.'

People like Dr. Bacchiocchi cannot bypass reality with the 'Jesus, Prince of Peace' speech. Christianity is a two-Testament faith and, in total, is a liturgy of violence and carnage in the name of belief. Or rather, dominance and control.

Religions are a mental blueprint, a single software program, and, as such, they dance to the same tune, play the same game, just like political 'parties' do. Same face, different mask.

The Bible claims that 'Jesus' said: 'I am the way, and the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me'. The Koran's version is: 'Such, on the Day of Resurrection, will be only for those who believed during the life of the world.' Another expression of this software is the Judaic belief that they are 'God's chosen people'.

'God likes meee better than yooou ... nah, nah ...!'

Islam believes that Moses and Jesus were indeed previous prophets of God, but that Mohammed, the last prophet according to its advocates, is the one, put simply, who got it right. Thus, the Old Testament, New Testament and the Koran have to be seen as a whole with all their obvious similarities, connections and, in terms of their followers, methods of operation.

These include the 'only by believing what we tell you will you get to Heaven or Paradise' deal, which has so often led to the belief that killing non-believers is serving the will of their 'god'.

The God Program - same software, different 'heroes'

These three major religions, Christianity, Islam and Judaism, originate from the same source - Babylon and its belief-system. Christianity emerged after the Church of Babylon relocated to Rome to become the Roman Church. See my books like The Biggest Secret for the detailed story. Judaism and its Old Testament and other works were compiled after the captivity of Jewish people in ... Babylon. And the Koran includes the 'heroes' of both religions.

The Koran is claimed to have been written from the messages given to Mohammed (570-632) by the Biblical Angel Gabriel and among the Old and New Testament names it weaves into its text are not only Jesus and Moses, but Mary, John the Baptist, Abraham, Adam, Enoch, Noah, Heber, Shelah, Lot, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Jethro, David, Solomon, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Aaron and Zechariah.

Moses, Jesus and Mohammed - different eras, same basic tale

Just as the 'Jesus' story in the New Testament mirrors those of countless ancient Sun Gods, so the alleged 'revelation' to Mohammed by an angel of God is the alleged 'revelation' to Jesus and the alleged Mount Sinai experience of Moses. All involve the need to follow them and their 'teachings from God' to book a place in 'Heaven'.

Thousands of years after 'Moses' 'his' words were written (by who knows who) as the Jewish 'law'; hundreds of years after 'Jesus', 'his' Gospels were written (by who knows who) and became the New Testament; and it was after the death of Mohammed (some say long after) that 'his' words from God (compiled by who knows who) became the written Koran.

Another connection is the question of translation. The Bible has been shown to be awash with mistranslations and misunderstandings about the historical context. Why should it be any different with the Koran? Oh, because it is the word of God and God can't be wrong? That's exactly what the others say.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:37 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Scholar Christoph Luxenberg (a pseudonym) is the author of Die Syro-Aramaische Lesart des Koran, available only in German. He studied the earliest known copies of the Koran, which were written without the vowels and diacritical dots that modern Arabic uses to make it clear what letter is intended.

Arabic uses dots to distinguish between certain letters that are written the same way. For instance the basic symbol represents five different letters in the Arabic language depending on where the diacritical dots are placed. For the above example, the five letters with their diacritical dots are as follows: baa', taa', thaa', nuun, yaa'.

Luxenburg points out that in the eighth and ninth centuries, more than 100 years after Mohammed, diacritical marks or dots were added to 'clear up' ambiguities in the Koranic text. In other words, it was reinterpreted by the 'clearers up' - just as the Bible has been re-edited many times to fit the beliefs and political expediency of the day.

Luxenburg, for example, says that the famous and crucial passage about Islamic believers enjoying the company of 'virgins' in Paradise actually says something rather different.

Martyrdom must seem much more attractive when you are convinced that a long line of ladies await you on the other side. But Luxenburg points out that the term 'virgin' is based on the word 'hur', an adjective in the feminine plural meaning simply 'white'. Islamic tradition claims that the term 'hur' is really 'houri', which means virgin. But Luxenberg insists that in both ancient Aramaic and in at least one respected dictionary of early Arabic, hur means 'white raisin'.

'Welcome to Paradise ...'

He traced the passages dealing with Paradise to a Christian text called Hymns of Paradise by a fourth-century author. The word Paradise, he suggests, derived from the Aramaic word for garden and this is why the descriptions of Paradise speak of a garden of flowing waters, abundant fruits and white raisins, a prized delicacy in the ancient Near East.

As Luxemburg observes, white raisins, or 'hur', makes far more sense than promising sexual favours from 'houri' - helpful as that may be in recruiting followers. In August, 2001, Muhammad Abu Wardeh, who recruited terrorists for suicide bombings in Israel, told CBS: 'I described to [a bomber] how God would compensate the martyr for sacrificing his life for his land. If you become a martyr, God will give you 70 virgins, 70 wives and everlasting happiness.'

In fact, it is supposed to be 72 according to non-Koranic writings - no number is given in the Koran itself.
Welcome believer ... these are not for you, but I got white raisins in the fridge ...

We are not dealing with religions, in truth, but religion, singular. It is like a trans-national corporation with different branches and brand names. More precisely, it is a computer program.

The software includes:

1.) Believing without question that an ancient mistranslated and much-edited text, written by who knows who, who knows when, and full of contradictions, is the unquestionable word of God (see the Bible, Koran, et al).

2.) Believing that only by believing (in your religion and its heroes) will your god unlock the door to Heaven/Paradise.

To the more 'advanced' believer this can mean slaughtering non-believers because they are not your god's chosen people and must convert or die ...

'Kill Satan's children in the name of Jesus ...'

'Burn the Devil's people in the name of the Lord ...'

... Slay the Infidels in the name of the Prophet ...'

'Slaughter the Goyim in the name of Yahweh ...'

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:38 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

What is the difference between the nuns at a Roman Catholic convent using fear and guilt to control the thinking of children and young people, and a rabbi or muslim cleric using the fear of hell and damnation and enormous family pressures to do the same? Answer: nothing. They are different aspects of the same state of mind, but they think they are different to the point where their dogmas come into physical conflict. They are all arrogant enough to claim they know the “will of God” and they claim to have been chosen to tell everyone what God insists they believe. Poor old God must have a production line turning out His different “wills”. Either that, or He (it’s always a “He”) has great difficulty making up His mind. God used to be indecisive, but now He’s not so sure. Are we really being asked to accept that some God is sitting on a cloud selecting his chosen people and then ordering them to control and manipulate everyone else? Indeed we are.
We can now go over “live” to heaven where God is about to announce

the panel’s verdict:

“OK, after much discussion and consideration of the various business plans, my angels and I have awarded the God Franchise (Earth Branch) to the Roman Catholics. My will is that the Pope should tell all people how to live their lives and that he and the Vatican should be controlled by the upper levels of the secret society network like the Freemasons and the Knights of Malta. If any Pope does not agree to this control, he should be murdered (as with Pope John Paul I in 1978). I also will that the Pope and the Roman Catholic Church should terrify little children to prepare them for a life of being told what to do and to ensure that they believe what the church wants them to believe. I will that an inquisition should be formed by said Pope to burn everyone he and his henchmen decide do not believe in every single word of my bible, the King James version of which has been documented to have 36,191 errors in translation alone. I will that my son, the Prince of Peace (also known quite wrongly as “Jesus”)1, should be nailed to a cross and sufferunbelievable pain so that the rest of humanity shall be able to kill and plunder each other while having their sins forgiven forever!

Oh, my God! Sorry, oh my Me! That doesn’t sound right. It’s not very Godly and I am God after all. Er, no, er I’ve changed my mind: My will now is that Jews are my chosen people, even though, contrary to worldwide indoctrination, there is no such thing as a Jewish “race”, just as there is no “Aryan” race, either. I will that the Jewish hierarchy should terrfiy their children to prepare them for a life of being told what to do and to ensure they conform to whatever the hierarchy tells them. This fear should be constantly applied throughout their lives. They should be made to fear terrorist attacks (for which their own hierarchy are often responsible) and made to believe that only by giving their minds and power away to the hierarchy will they be protected from their enemies. As I gave a strip of land to my chosen people thousands of years ago (or so the history books tell me, I don’t remember myself), I will that the Palestinian Arabs should be terrorised out of their homes, that their land be called Israel, and that some of the terrorists involved such as Ben-Gurion, Begin, Rabin, and Shamir, should later become prime ministers and display record-breaking hypocrisy by denouncing the terrorism of others. I thought about insisting that Jewish people be told that they can speak to me by putting little bits of paper into the cracks between the stones in the Wailing Wall, but no-one would ever believe that. To sum up, I will that the Jewish hierarchy are my chosen people and, as their book, the Talmud, says: ‘Just the Jews are humans, the non-Jews are no humans, but cattle”.

Oh my Me! That doesn’t sound right, either. It’s not very Godly and I am God after all. Er, no, er, I’ve changed my mind again:

This time I will that my real voice on Earth is the Muslim hierarchy and that they should terr([y their children to prepare them for a lfie of being told what to do and to ensure they conform to my rules. I told all this to a guy called Mohammed a long time ago and he was very good because he and his successors led a vast army of followers to kill and maim anyone who didn’t accept them as my representatives on Earth. I will that the religion called Islam created in my name should be used to keep the people in fear, guilt, and order while my hierarchy use the oil money for their own benefit and keep the rest of the people in servitude and poverty in the name of my religion. I will that women should not be able to show more than their eyes in public because, although I created the physical body, I am terribly ashamed of it. Ifurther will that men should always be in control and that women (one of my aberrations, oops!) should be forced to do as they are told.

Oh my Me! That doesn’t sound right, either. I’m terribly confused. I can’t decide. Let the people choose. Go on, fight for it. Blow the living daylights out of each other. Rape the planet.. .yeeesssss.. .go for it. Last one alive wins and sits at my right hand next to the Prince of Peace. Deal?

A bit disturbing that isn’t it? Some confused God looking down, searching for His chosen ones by pulling straws and saying eeni-meenimini- mo? And telling everyone He’s on their side, so they slaughter each other in His name. Mind you, amid His confusion there is one common theme in “God’s” deliberations: frightening people to make them conform. It couldn’t just be, could it, that these variations on the same thought pattern have absolutely nothing to do with “God” and spirituality and everything to do with the desire of some humans to dictate the lives of all the rest? Oh yes it could. ’Twas always so throughout recorded history and ‘twill always be so until we take our power back by making our own decisions and moulding our own, individual, sense of reality. No-one is “born” a Christian, a Jew or a Muslim. People are conditioned to be Christians, Jews and Muslims after they are born. When we take on someone else’s beliefs, lock, stock and barrel, and especially when we need to be frightened into accepting them, we walk a very dark and dangerous road: for ourselves and for the world.

But so few have learned this lesson of the centuries. We still believe too much and think too little. We “feel” intuitively even less. The rigidity and manipulation of “beliefs” (dogma and prejudice) is how we are controlled

So when the Pope or anyone else starts condemning a religion in relation to their own, the stench of hypocrisy fills the air. The major religious books are a 'take-your-pick' depending on your state of mind. You can go for the peaceful passages or justify horror and bloodshed by turning the page.

Surely, we need to control the books, not let them control us. We can only do that by deprogramming from an unquestioning, virulent belief in their sanctity and infallibility.

Yes, you will find some good stuff in there, but much of it is mistranslated, manipulated and manifest bollocks written in the political and religious context of its time.

Yet its words are used to divide, rule and conquer the people by those who know full well that it's bollocks. They don't care, so long as they can kid the masses to rigidly follow a belief-system-of-choice. Once you do that they've got you, be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism, whatever.

They then play the self-righteous against each other - each marching in mindless certainty that they are the chosen, that they have the key to the Kingdom.

That is what we saw with the Pope's 'mistaken' remarks. Mistaken my arse. As with the Mohammed cartoons, this was just another scene in the movie, another stage in the grand design aimed at triggering a new religious war.

And once again, the lemmings fell for it.

But then, they always do.

david icke newsletter 2007

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:40 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

religion conspiracy forum

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:48 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

God really is just a cruel bastard pulling our strings on a mass level.

Islam IMO should be banned, simply due to the insane amount of Idiocy it's stirring up. I dont see Christians waving around signs saying 'We'll murder all your children dirty jew scum', yet these 'people'* (I use the term lightly by the way) are allowed to ?

Hose the bastards down dammit !

*The ones waving signs, not general muslims.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:51 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

[Edited]

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Last edited by WanderingDroid on May 21st, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:53 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

mOVED

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 21st, 2007 08:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

thank you for your input

Old Post May 21st, 2007 11:02 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Way to be on the ball, Deano. Benedict XVI made that comment last year

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 12:21 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who cares? Religion is like anything else. It can be manipulated by Man for either good or for bad.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 01:38 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Why can't Deano write any of his own material?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 02:06 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Religion....same Box, Different Names ...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deano
'Religion has brought the world evil and inhuman things'.
Yet, humans create religion.

Bit of an oxymoron that.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 06:28 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

there are theorys to say aliens created religion:_

religions have been manipulated by evil, to control the masses. thats the problem

Old Post May 24th, 2007 09:42 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deano
there are theorys to say aliens created religion:_

religions have been manipulated by evil, to control the masses. thats the problem

Conspiracy forum. Definitely.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post May 24th, 2007 09:58 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

How are Jesus, Muhammad and Moses ''different areas''? They were in different places of the same area, but they were all in the same area - The Middle East. no expression

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 25th, 2007 11:09 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Yes, we all know the Sikhs had it wink

It's all the same deity boxed in varying forms... eek!

Didn't read anything posted, just though I'd say the Sikhs have a pretty spiffy overarching view of religion.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post May 25th, 2007 08:51 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

In the end you can't use religion as scrapegoats for problems, it's not the religion but the people in them that make the difference.

Last edited by BananaKing on May 26th, 2007 at 09:29 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 09:15 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

Re: Re: Religion....same Box, Different Names ...

Originally posted by Tangible God
Yet, humans create religion.

Bit of an oxymoron that.

Humans thought up the idea of atheism, why trust it? stick out tongue hehe

Old Post May 26th, 2007 09:33 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

I think humans are the problem not GOD. Humans change religion persuade people to do nasty things in order to gain more power.

You missed Krishna out by the way, he had an uncannily similair story as jesus.smile

Old Post May 29th, 2007 06:42 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Not really. Slightly similar and then people make stuff up to make it sound FAR closer than it actually was.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 01:38 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote