KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » God's Love Is Limitted and Conditional

God's Love Is Limitted and Conditional
Started by: Goddess Kali

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Love God's Love Is Limitted and Conditional

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
What you fail to understand is that God's love and mercy will only be extended in this life, not in the life to come.

Then his love and mercy are entirely limitted and conditional by your own admittance.

You must repent of your sins now before you die because once you die it is too late to ask God for forgiveness of your sins.

God's forgiveness is limitted then by your own admittance.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:37 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

God's love is not limited but humanity's life-span is.

big grin

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:38 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

God's love is not limited but humanity's life-span is.

big grin

God's Love is Limitted to Humanity's Life Span

God's Forgiveness is Limitted to Humanity's Life Span

God's Mercy is Limitted to Humanity's Life Span

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:39 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

God is stupid.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:39 AM
Boris is currently offline Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Please remember that this is only JIA's interpretation of Christianity...

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:45 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Of course it is.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:48 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

i know, im just bringing up a point....

If people are going to Hell, then God's Love is conditional..I am attacking a Christian Theory, not Christianity in general wink

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:49 AM
Boris

Originally posted by Goddess Kali
I am attacking a Christian Theory, not Christianity in general wink

Pitty about that, it really should be attacked.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:50 AM
Boris is currently offline Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Boris
Pitty about that, it really should be attacked.

laughing

aw come on...Christianity has certainly improved over the centuries

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:51 AM
siriuswriter

I beg to differ, Boris.

I know Goddess Kali. wink

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:51 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I beg to differ, Boris.

I know Goddess Kali. wink

laughing

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:52 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

laughing

aw come on...Christianity has certainly improved over the centuries

Then realize where its regressions are limited too and quit making useless spam that is specifically designed to attack one member.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 07:35 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

This is not spam, or a personal attack on JIA.

this thread is valid, because JIA brought up a really good point....and he is not the only person who argues this.

Many Christian debators on KMC will claim that God's love is absolute, eternal, and infinite, yet will have much trouble explaining how and why there is a time limit to his forgiveness.

If any Christian can explain this, please do so.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 12:41 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Many Christian debators on KMC will claim that God's love is absolute, eternal, and infinite, yet will have much trouble explaining how and why there is a time limit to his forgiveness.

If any Christian can explain this, please do so.

God's love is eternal because in Christianity death isn't really death. It is merely a step into the next stage of life.

In some belief systems even if one is sent to hell there is a point at which such punishment is sufficient and God recieves the person who had been cast out.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:03 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

When I argue that God's love in absolute and unconditonal, my definition of this is both of time and space. God loves us so much here on earth - he gives us free will; he allows us to think; he has given us a brain with which to do these things. The very fact that we discuss "Do we have free will?" is a mark that God has given it to us.

God's love is also unconditional and absolute through time. Since I believe in Universalism (no one shall be sent to hell) I believe that God sent Jesus to die for everyone, and not just those that ask for it. Some people are incapabe of "asking for it" - the mentally challenged, for example. I don't think that God would condemn them just because they don't understand what "asking Jesus into their hearts" (evangelical terminology, not mine) means. That's actually what first started me thinking along the lines of Universalism - how many exceptions there would have to be to "Judgement."

At any rate. God's love does not stop with time, since Christians believe in an afterlife, and those who go to heaven continue to receive the glory of God's love. (And that's another vague phrase, isn't it? When I say that, I mean all the good things in life - which is to me, being able to think freely and critically, question, etc.)

I believe that God's love makes him understanding and, well, quite liberal. I believe that his love doesn't make him condemn people for their genetics-induced sexual orientation, for example. I don't think God would condemn you for something you can't help. That's not judgement -that's lunacy.

... and again I've managed to sound like a flower child. I hope I've managed to answer some of your questions, at least from my perspective, Goddess Kali.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 02:11 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: God's Love Is Limitted and Conditional

Then his love and mercy are entirely limitted and conditional by your own admittance.

God's forgiveness is limitted then by your own admittance.

The Christian god is limited, therefore "his" love would also be limited.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 02:59 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

When I argue that God's love in absolute and unconditonal, my definition of this is both of time and space. God loves us so much here on earth - he gives us free will; he allows us to think; he has given us a brain with which to do these things. The very fact that we discuss "Do we have free will?" is a mark that God has given it to us.

God's love is also unconditional and absolute through time. Since I believe in Universalism (no one shall be sent to hell) I believe that God sent Jesus to die for everyone, and not just those that ask for it. Some people are incapabe of "asking for it" - the mentally challenged, for example. I don't think that God would condemn them just because they don't understand what "asking Jesus into their hearts" (evangelical terminology, not mine) means. That's actually what first started me thinking along the lines of Universalism - how many exceptions there would have to be to "Judgement."

At any rate. God's love does not stop with time, since Christians believe in an afterlife, and those who go to heaven continue to receive the glory of God's love. (And that's another vague phrase, isn't it? When I say that, I mean all the good things in life - which is to me, being able to think freely and critically, question, etc.)

I believe that God's love makes him understanding and, well, quite liberal. I don't think God would condemn you for something you can't help. That's not judgement -that's lunacy.

Very well said, and I hope that it is true. wink

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 10:13 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by BobbyD

laughing You are so cynical. laughing

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 10:21 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

I believe that God's love makes him understanding and, well, quite liberal. I believe that his love doesn't make him condemn people for their genetics-induced sexual orientation, for example. I don't think God would condemn you for something you can't help. That's not judgement -that's lunacy.

... and again I've managed to sound like a flower child. I hope I've managed to answer some of your questions, at least from my perspective, Goddess Kali.

I like your answer very much thumb up

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:15 AM
siriuswriter

I like your answer very much thumb up

I try. stick out tongue

quote:
Originally posted by BobbyD

Thank you, and so do I.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Jun 5th, 2007 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:23 AM