KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Mary Born without Original Sin ?

Mary Born without Original Sin ?
Started by: Goddess Kali

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Love Mary Born without Original Sin ?

I always wondored...why or how was the Virgin Mary born without Original Sin ?

Did she have some kind of immunization ?

Is it her genetics ?

Why would God just choose one woman and figure "well, im gonna give you a free pass, while all other women suffer original sin, and torment in hell...you i will treat special"

I know God needed a pure woman, but why Mary ? Why not Elizabeth, or Gertrude ? Why Mary ?

I understand Jesus was born of a pure woman, but what was Mary born of that made her so special ?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 12:33 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well she wasn't. It's a newer Catholic teaching.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 12:36 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

So shes a dirty whore like the rest of them b*tches ?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 12:40 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

HAHAHAHAHA........Does that turn you on?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 12:43 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
HAHAHAHAHA........Does that turn you on?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 12:51 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I think the very fact that she was a virgin was meant to convey that she was sinless.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:00 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

The word virgin also meant someone very young. She was probably somewhere around 14.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:04 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

The word virgin also meant someone very young.

I've never heard that before.

She was probably somewhere around 14.

Fun times.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:04 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crimson Phoenix
Lord of the World...kinda

I saw a documentary on the bbc ages ago that looked into the life of mary, and they suggested that (SHOCK), may not have been a virgin. Also that she may have been 12 when she gave birth to jesus. That one came as a bit of a shocker

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 01:26 PM
Crimson Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Ummm... she was not sinless. According to what I believe, she was divinely impregnated (think the ending of "Dogma.")

Thus "Virgin."

And yeah, she was young. That's what they did back then - marry right when a girl began began to menstruate. *shudder*

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 02:23 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Mary Born without Original Sin ?

Originally posted by Goddess Kali

Is it her genetics ?

Why would God just choose one woman and figure "well, im gonna give you a free pass, while all other women suffer original sin, and torment in hell...you i will treat special"

I know God needed a pure woman, but why Mary ? Why not Elizabeth, or Gertrude ? Why Mary ?

I understand Jesus was born of a pure woman, but what was Mary born of that made her so special ?

I know the answer:

It's mythology and didn't happen that way in reality.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 02:57 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Re: Mary Born without Original Sin ?

Is it her genetics ?

Debbie Jo is correct, it is a early Catholic tradition. The rationale being that Christ needed to be born without sin, how could he be born without sin from a sinful parent? Thus another Traditional Christian paradox, explained by adding a commentary to the text of the Bible. This is the typical method of mainstream Christianity, Bible doesn't make sense to them, come up with some explanation for it, and everything else then becomes unBiblical.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 05:40 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Mary Born without Original Sin ?

Originally posted by Regret
Debbie Jo is correct, it is a early Catholic tradition. The rationale being that Christ needed to be born without sin, how could he be born without sin from a sinful parent? Thus another Traditional Christian paradox, explained by adding a commentary to the text of the Bible. This is the typical method of mainstream Christianity, Bible doesn't make sense to them, come up with some explanation for it, and everything else then becomes unBiblical.

Sin is passed through the father, that is why Jesus' earthly mother had to be a virgin so that Jesus' Father (Who is sinless) could supernaturally deposit His seed (i.e. His Word) into Mary's womb to bring Jesus into the earth (God does everything by His Word).

Mary was a sinner just like everyone else, but she was a virgin at the time she became supernaturally pregnant with Jesus. Jesus inherited His sinless nature from His Father in Heaven (Who is sinless), but received His physical, human body from Mary.

In short, Jesus' lineage (as God in the flesh) is not through Adam (the sinful representative of humanity), it is through His Heavenly Father (again, Who is sinless). Thus, Jesus sinless nature was not compromise, it remained intact.

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 05:32 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Re: Re: Re: Mary Born without Original Sin ?

Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Sin is passed through the father, that is why Jesus' earthly mother had to be a virgin so that Jesus' Father (Who is sinless) could supernaturally deposit His seed (i.e. His Word) into Mary's womb to bring Jesus into the earth (God does everything by His Word).

Mary was a sinner just like everyone else, but she was a virgin at the time she became supernaturally pregnant with Jesus. Jesus inherited His sinless nature from His Father in Heaven (Who is sinless), but received His physical, human body from Mary.

In short, Jesus' lineage (as God in the flesh) is not through Adam (the sinful representative of humanity), it is through His Heavenly Father (again, Who is sinless). Thus, Jesus sinless nature was not compromise, it remained intact.

so god is sexually male? christianity teaches that lineage is through father alone? the sin can be transmitted through a step father{seeing as how u said GOD REQUIRED A "VIRGIN" for the purpose that sin passed through father}? WORDS bring about impregnation as opposed to sperm?

still doesnt answer the question why god CHOSE mary for no reason at all. maybe she turned him on smokin' , maybe he prefers virgins to COME ON TO.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 10:39 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

In my opinion, God is not as simple as being male or female. God just is. If we could understand what God was, then God would not be worth understanding.

However, God certainly has more than enough power to impregnate a woman while still maintaining her virginity. That's why I referenced the ending of Dogma, as that's kind of how I see it (very, very irreverent, yes, I realize that). But a sort of a willing of a baby to be there, and then it's there. God can do that. God didn't have to literally impregnate Mary, he could very well have done it through a miracle.

Again, that's why she was called the Virgin Mary, and so surprised she was going to have a baby. She hadn't actually had sex with anyone. Jesus' conception was a sexless one. At least, that's what I believe. I don't think it was a word thing. Whatever God wants to happen; will happen. If God wanted a virgin to have a baby, he could plant the seed of a male baby in her womb. We don't have to totally understand how it happened - there's going to be no scientific explanation for that, no matter how hard we look. That's where faith comes in.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 04:08 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

In traditional Christian theology, sexual intercourse is believed to be the means by which the original sin of Adam is transmitted from human to human. Conception without sex means existence without sin.

The tradition that Jesus was born of a virgin is traced back to a supposed prophecy in Isaiah. As debbiejo briefly addressed, the term "virgin" appears in the Greek translation but the original Hebrew word, ha-almah, means "young woman" while it was translated into Greek with the word parthenos, which means virgin.
The Hebrew word for that, if that is what the author had meant to say, would have been bethulah. The phrase in which it appears, ha-alma hara, means "the young woman is pregnant".

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 04:36 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

It can mean that, but Matthew disagrees.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 06:01 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

I dont thnk u guys understand my question....

I am not questioning whether or not Mary was a Virgin mother as truth or fiction....

I already beleive its myth, and ofcourse, some Christians will beleive its Fact....that's not what I am trying to discover.

As part of the Christian mythos/tradition/culture, Mary was born free of sin.

Why did God choose her ?

Some Christians say that God chose Mary to give birth to Christ, because she was pure.

But why was she pure ?

What made her so special from all the other Marys and other women ?

Was she born without original sin by accident ? Or did God choose her ?

If God chose her, then why ? Did he randomly pull a name out of a hat, and say "okay, im going to give this one a free card"

Someone please clarify the details for me, my brain is melting

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 06:07 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I dont thnk u guys understand my question....

I am not questioning whether or not Mary was a Virgin mother as truth or fiction....

I already beleive its myth, and ofcourse, some Christians will beleive its Fact....that's not what I am trying to discover.

As part of the Christian mythos/tradition/culture, Mary was born free of sin.

Why did God choose her ?

Some Christians say that God chose Mary to give birth to Christ, because she was pure.

But why was she pure ?

What made her so special from all the other Marys and other women ?

Was she born without original sin by accident ? Or did God choose her ?

If God chose her, then why ? Did he randomly pull a name out of a hat, and say "okay, im going to give this one a free card"

Someone please clarify the details for me, my brain is melting

Mary was a direct descendant of David.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 06:08 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Mary was a direct descendant of David.

Really ?

That makes a lot of sense now....so its family lineage....

I am assuming that since this family has always served God, that Mary would have been the perfect candidate for such an event.

I also heard that at one time, the power of the feminine was quite prevelant over the eras of Christianity, but over time, men in power feared the influence that the feminine would have on the social structure....

So stories and testiments by Mary Magdeline were revoked, and her position and role in the life of Christ was lessened.

If you really take a look at the life of Christ, (atleast from every possible document we have), Mary Magdeline had an enormous role in his life, and with his teachings.

Yet, they give greater credit to the Apostles, most of whom even denied and doubted him, one who even betrayed him.

yet, Mary Magdeline, never doubted Christ (according to the testiments), she witnessed the disappearance of his body, and his rebirth, and the Apostles did not even beleive her when she told them Christ came back.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 06:15 PM