KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem

What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem
Started by: Shakyamunison

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Question What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem

What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem with a nuclear warhead?

The fundamentalist Christian believe that before Jesus can return the Jews must be sacrificing in the temple in Jerusalem. If Jerusalem and Israel are both destroyed, what will the fundamental Christians do? Will they reinvent their prophecies, or will the go one a new crusade to reestablish the Jewish state and Jerusalem?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 09:54 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

You can build a new temple over the nuked-out remains of the old one.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 01:34 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

What the hell? Ridiculous.

It is Jews and Muslims that hold Jerusalem far more holy than the most fundamental Christians.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 01:36 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What the hell? Ridiculous.

It is Jews and Muslims that hold Jerusalem far more holy than the most fundamental Christians.

It is purely hypothetical.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 01:40 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem

Blame the Jews.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 12:16 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

i don't think most fundamental christians would care in regards to their religion. it's mostly about discovering god in yourself, learning to put all your faith in that. like, if you get sick, it's because you did something to displease god. [at least one friend i had accused me of that when i was diagnosed with kidney failure.] jerusalem in today's culture is a place for jews and muslims. maybe they'd see it as a chance to proselytize - like, OMG the temple has fallen REPENT AND BE SAVED, but, admittedly, a person would have to be bordering on fanaticism to say something like that out loud.

like... pat robertson.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2009 02:07 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ushomefree

quote:
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem with a nuclear warhead?

I would reject the Bible (as the Word of God).

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 02:17 AM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ushomefree

quote:
Originally posted by siriuswriter

i don't think most fundamental christians would care in regards to their religion. it's mostly about discovering god in yourself, learning to put all your faith in that.

The Bible declares, "Test everything. Hold on to the good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21). The foundation of the Christian faith has nothing to do with self-imposed philosophy and self-gratifying emotion -- "feelings" of security. On the contrary, non-Christians commit such acts.

quote:

like, if you get sick, it's because you did something to displease god. [at least one friend i had accused me of that when i was diagnosed with kidney failure.]

What a shame! You should have said to your so-called Christian friend, "Why do you speak such words, when I am in a time of need?" Remember: biblical Christians strive to immolate Christ; they are re-born. And so... your friend should have provided comfort, instead of legalism (which Jesus detests). Your friend is no better than you, in the eye's of God.

quote:

jerusalem in today's culture is a place for jews and muslims.

Christians too!

quote:

maybe they'd see it as a chance to proselytize - like, OMG the temple has fallen REPENT AND BE SAVED, but, admittedly, a person would have to be bordering on fanaticism to say something like that out loud.

Or to even think it! I agree!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 02:41 AM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by ushomefree
biblical Christians strive to immolate Christ

No wonder secularism is moving forward . . .

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 03:14 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

That is a remarkable thing for you to say.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 03:38 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

That is a remarkable thing for you to say.

You're going to incite a war, aren't you?

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 03:50 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You're going to incite a war, aren't you?

No. This has nothing to do with war. This has to do with belief. I wanted to see if there was a braking point. Blind faith has the ability to reshape its self. I was raised believing that the world would, with no doubt, come to an end by no later then the year 2000. Fortunately for myself, I had left that belief behind long before that date come and went, but there are so many who simply reshape their blind faith.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 04:13 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

No. This has nothing to do with war. This has to do with belief. I wanted to see if there was a braking point. Blind faith has the ability to reshape its self. I was raised believing that the world would, with no doubt, come to an end by no later then the year 2000. Fortunately for myself, I had left that belief behind long before that date come and went, but there are so many who simply reshape their blind faith.

Isn't that kind of a catch 22?

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 04:15 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Isn't that kind of a catch 22?

Please explain.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 04:30 AM
King Kandy

Wow I almost want to see it happen now.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 04:32 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Please explain.

Well if a person doesn't change their beliefs then they have blind faith. If a person does change their beliefs then they have blind faith.

I suppose you mean that they change them to preserve a more important one but the two behaviors seem more different that you implied.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 04:34 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Well if a person doesn't change their beliefs then they have blind faith. If a person does change their beliefs then they have blind faith.

I suppose you mean that they change them to preserve a more important one but the two behaviors seem more different that you implied.

It is a bit of a catch 22, because they seem to not notice that they have changed.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 04:36 AM
ushomefree

quote:
Originally posted by King Kandy

Wow I almost want to see it happen now.

Your mental.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 07:07 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem

The fundamentalist Christian believe that before Jesus can return the Jews must be sacrificing in the temple in Jerusalem. If Jerusalem and Israel are both destroyed, what will the fundamental Christians do? Will they reinvent their prophecies, or will the go one a new crusade to reestablish the Jewish state and Jerusalem?

Isn't Jerusalem a sacred site for Muslims too? Why would the clerics of Iran would do that? I can see them destory Jewish settlements...but the Temple?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 07:33 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Your mental.

It's you're.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2009 07:38 PM