KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Did Noah have help?

Did Noah have help?
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did Noah have help?

Did the watchers really help Noah?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 04:16 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I don't think so.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 04:25 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't think so.

How did he build that huge ark with him and 2 sons? I mean the thing was massive.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...gets-right.html

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 04:35 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
How did he build that huge ark with him and 2 sons? I mean the thing was massive.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...gets-right.html

How did Jack climb the beanstalk when it was so tall?

How did Willy Wonka make a river of chocolate?

How did Harry Potter do magic?

All four questions have the same answer.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 06:43 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How did Jack climb the beanstalk when it was so tall?

How did Willy Wonka make a river of chocolate?

How did Harry Potter do magic?

All four questions have the same answer.

I know but I am being serious.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 06:05 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

God timed him and all Noah had to do was follow directions.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 06:12 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Did Noah have help?

Did the watchers really help Noah?

There is actually a website called Answers in Genesis that is dedicated to questions of this sort.

Quite unlike what I understand the movie to be saying
(judging from the article you linked, that is) (7 days?), the Biblical account suggests a period of many years wherein Noah was constructing God's ship.

(Several decades, actually ... )

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2010/06/01/long-to-build-the-ark

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 07:58 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know it took 120 years to complete but without advanced machinery or help with a huge undertaking like that, it would seem impossible for 3 men no matter how many years they had. The movie suggests it taking many years as well but that they had help from the watchers.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 08:19 PM
bluewaterrider

I know it took 120 years to complete but without advanced machinery or help with a huge undertaking like that, it would seem impossible for 3 men no matter how many years they had. The movie suggests it taking many years as well but that they had help from the watchers.

Actually, according to that Answers in Genesis site, the 120 years is the future maximum life span of human beings, not the amount of time Noah had to build the ark until the flood rains came.

I've actually seen a few videos on the subject of that time period.
One of the more intriguing points made by some of the writers and hosts was that ancient man was larger and stronger than his modern day counterpart.

The most striking of these featured a video wherein a researcher actually created a biosphere designed to mimic preflood environmental conditions, primarily in terms of humidity, oxygen content and barometric pressure. The animals and plants raised under these conditions grew to be virtual "super"specimens.

Foolishly, I did not think to copy and paste the video link to myself.
I'll have to find it again and share at some future date.

The best I can do for the present is suggest you check to see some of the research on hyperbaric oxygen chambers in treating various medical conditions.
I understand the treatments have yielded a number of surprising results.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 08:45 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Actually, according to that Answers in Genesis site, the 120 years is the future maximum life span of human beings, not the amount of time Noah had to build the ark until the flood rains came.

I've actually seen a few videos on the subject of that time period.
One of the more intriguing points made by some of the writers and hosts was that ancient man was larger and stronger than his modern day counterpart.

The most striking of these featured a video wherein a researcher actually created a biosphere designed to mimic preflood environmental conditions, primarily in terms of humidity, oxygen content and barometric pressure. The animals and plants raised under these conditions grew to be virtual "super"specimens.

Foolishly, I did not think to copy and paste the video link to myself.
I'll have to find it again and share at some future date.

The best I can do for the present is suggest you check to see some of the research on hyperbaric oxygen chambers in treating various medical conditions.
I understand the treatments have yielded a number of surprising results.

Isn't site is wrong though? As Noah lived like 900 years, the 120 year human cap was initiated after the flood correct? And he was already like 500 years before he started work on the ark.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 10:11 PM
siriuswriter

Noah actually had three sons - Shem, Ham, and Japheth. It's later, after they land when Ham comes upon his father in a drunken sleep, covers him up, and God curses the tribes of Ham [who somehow became dark-skinned people.]

But according to the Bible, Noah had no help, except that god gave him the measurements and image in a vision.

There's an interpretation of the story by Madeleine L'Engle called "Many Waters" that offers some inventive answers as to how Noah completed the Ark, or one called "The Preservationist," also with creative ideas as to how Noah gathered all the animals...

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 10:57 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Noah actually had three sons - Shem, Ham, and Japheth. It's later, after they land when Ham comes upon his father in a drunken sleep, covers him up, and God curses the tribes of Ham [who somehow became dark-skinned people.]

But according to the Bible, Noah had no help, except that god gave him the measurements and image in a vision.

There's an interpretation of the story by Madeleine L'Engle called "Many Waters" that offers some inventive answers as to how Noah completed the Ark, or one called "The Preservationist," also with creative ideas as to how Noah gathered all the animals...

Noah and his sons must have been extremely powerful and strong as well as guided by God. The Ark is huge and would take much work to accomplish with him and 3 sons.

I feel like there is much missing from the bible, The Book of Enoch has much more information about the watchers, angels, demons and watchers, the giants, nephilim and other things.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 11:53 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Don't think too hard on it. That defeats the purpose of faith.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 12:19 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Ruminating on the logistics of the Bible makes as much sense as ruminating on the logistics of Grimms' Fairy Tales.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 12:41 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Ruminating on the logistics of the Bible makes as much sense as ruminating on the logistics of Grimms' Fairy Tales.

Well it was written 2000 or more years ago, and the church took out all the cool information. I blame them for trying to suppress this knowledge.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 12:58 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Don't think too hard on it. That defeats the purpose of faith.

You're Christian again now?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 06:25 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Well it was written 2000 or more years ago, and the church took out all the cool information. I blame them for trying to suppress this knowledge.

Yeah, I hate it when the blueprints for the ark got cut from the original version of the Bible. It reminds me of when Han shot first, but then Lucas ruined it.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 06:26 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Yeah, I hate it when the blueprints for the ark got cut from the original version of the Bible. It reminds me of when Han shot first, but then Lucas ruined it.

laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 06:30 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

What?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 06:45 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

No. I'm simply pointing out that attempting to be scientifically or rationally accurate about Bible prose is as logical as doing the same with anything faith-based. Talking snakes and the ark are all fairy tales, kind of like Odin and his brothers making the world from the body of the first primordial giant or the sun being a god on a chariot as thought the Greeks.

Are you still going to evade the question of where you are as a religious individual?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2014 06:45 PM