KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Information

Information
Started by: Wonder Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Information

Do you think Information will lead towards God?
I think it will. I think the more we learn the more we require less proof of His existance.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:13 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I think the opposite. The more we learn the less of God there is.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:17 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

i think there is a creator... but not the way anyone on this earth portrays it

Old Post Jan 16th, 2015 11:26 PM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shabazz916
i think there is a creator... but not the way anyone on this earth portrays it

Would that include you? wink

Old Post Jan 16th, 2015 11:45 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Would that include you? wink

yes im sure there but nothing anyone

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 01:04 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Information

Originally posted by Wonder Man
I think it will. I think the more we learn the more we require less proof of His existance.

There is already ironclad proof of God's existence. It's called "creation".

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 05:50 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Re: Re: Information

Originally posted by Star428

i believe in god but not any religions that are practiced if that makes sense

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 05:54 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Information

Originally posted by Star428

Now all you have to do is prove that there was a creation. Good luck, because you will need it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 07:20 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Re: Re: Re: Information

i believe in god but not any religions that are practiced if that makes sense

This is my belief as well.

It's called 'agnostic theism', if I'm not mistaken.

But my belief leans more to 'fideism' -- that faith brings about the good in people.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 08:23 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Re: Re: Re: Information

Now all you have to do is prove that there was a creation. Good luck, because you will need it.
well unless a explosion of nothing brings about everything we have proof

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 08:57 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Wonder Man
I think it will. I think the more we learn the more we require less proof of His existence.
Do you mean the Abrahamic God? If so, no. That's a Biblical/Koranic metaphor.

Do you mean what, eg, Abraham encountered, which in time inspired that metaphor? Yes. I believe that information, specifically self-knowledge through attention training, will reveal the transcendent Source of all things. It may take a few lifetimes, though...

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 02:05 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

What if we eventually find the Source of All Things, then someone or groups of people will fight to acquire/contain said power for personal gain?
There'd be, like, another World War.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 04:56 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
What if we eventually find the Source of All Things, then someone or groups of people will fight to acquire/contain said power for personal gain?
we wnt becuz its a fact that its creation

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 06:22 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
According to the meditative/mystical schools of thought, the SOAT is not a physical place or object. It is a state of awareness that is (in a manner of speaking) on the other, far, far side of the Thought Barrier (one's inner dialogue). It is not something that can be possessed; in fact, trying to possess it takes you further from it.

As for fighting over "God": this has been one of Humanity's favorite pasttimes for several centuries.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 06:38 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Information

well unless a explosion of nothing brings about everything we have proof

The big bang says nothing about what happened before. There is a very good chance that the big bang was not a creation, but instead a change.

You should read the book The Life of the Cosmos by Lee Smolin. He presents an integrating theory about what happened before the big bang.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 07:49 PM
Shabazz916

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Information

The big bang says nothing about what happened before. There is a very good chance that the big bang was not a creation, but instead a change.

You should read the book The Life of the Cosmos by Lee Smolin. He presents an integrating theory about what happened before the big bang.
i dnt do theory give me answers or things that make sense

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 08:00 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Information

i dnt do theory give me answers or things that make sense

"A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 08:07 PM
Shabazz916

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Information

"A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

like i said gimme something without doubt that it cut clear without research bcuz you can hide info

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 12:10 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Information

like i said gimme something without doubt that it cut clear without research bcuz you can hide info

All I am telling you is if you are going to claim a creation, then you must first prove there was a creation. I was just showing you how there could be other possibilities.

The burden of proof is on you.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 12:13 AM
Shabazz916

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Information

All I am telling you is if you are going to claim a creation, then you must first prove there was a creation. I was just showing you how there could be other possibilities.

The burden of proof is on you.

the proof is something can't come from nothing

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 12:37 AM