KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ks-9971981.html

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR0...;list=PLCBF574D

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam are evil?

Regards
DL

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 07:26 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greatest I am

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ks-9971981.html

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR0...;list=PLCBF574D

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam are evil?

Regards
DL

Let me be the first to correct you. Your question should read; Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Catholicism used to do?

Jesus and the Apostles would have never done these things. Nor were they taught to do these things. What does the bible teach? Luke 6:28-30 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29"Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. 30"Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.

Matthew 5:39
But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

Matthew 5:40
And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

Why don't you tell the real truth about something? Why don't you tell the people about the true origins of Christmas? How it really has nothing to do with Christianity. It seems that your battle is with the truth, but not against lies.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 14th, 2015 at 08:29 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 08:26 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Catholicism is part of Christianity.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 08:57 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Does the Pope condone the Inquisition?

If not, then I don't see your point.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 09:00 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindset
Does the Pope condone the Inquisition?

If not, then I don't see your point.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 09:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Robtard

Mel Brooks is the best.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 09:41 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Catholicism is part of Christianity.

No. Catholicism is not Christianity, it is Catholicism.

Matthew 24:5
5 "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many. This is what the Crusaders did when they killed in Christ's name, but Christ was not with them.

There are too many differences to get into. Catholics bare the principles of Christianity, but they have far too many add-ons, which was never required in order to be a Christian. They have too many traditional functions, that have nothing to do with Christ, and they pray to idols which was something that Christ forbade. They are as much Christian as Mormons are Christians. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I am not here for peoples feelings on what I know to be true. It's like saying that Taoism is the exact same as Buddhism. They are different. If someone tells you 95% of the truth, it is still a lie.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 15th, 2015 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 12:44 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Stoic
No. Catholicism is not Christianity, it is Catholicism.

Matthew 24:5
5 "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many. This is what the Crusaders did when they killed in Christ's name, but Christ was not with them.

There are too many differences to get into. Catholics bare the principles of Christianity, but they have far too many add-ons, which was never required in order to be a Christian. They have too many traditional functions, that have nothing to do with Christ, and they pray to idols which was something that Christ forbade. They are as much Christian as Mormons are Christians. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I am not here for peoples feelings on what I know to be true. It's like saying that Taoism is the exact same as Buddhism. They are different. If someone tells you 95% of the truth, it is still a lie.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_denominations

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 01:34 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_denominations

The Mormons have a bastardized version of a bible. Does this also mean that they are Christian's or the Children of the Angel Moroni? You can read all of the wiki's that you want to, and attempt to say that Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, but it is not. There are very large differences in what every other denomination believes and practices, and what Catholicism practices. Many of these practices border on outright Witch Craft, and Mysticism. Believe what you want to, but I know what I know. So again the heading of this thread should read.

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Catholicism used to do? Because Christians weren't ever taught to do what the Crusaders did. I have proven this, and have no idea what your point is? It's been shot full of holes.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 01:51 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

The Mormons have a bastardized version of a bible. Does this also mean that they are Christian's or the Children of the Angel Moroni? You can read all of the wiki's that you want to, and attempt to say that Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, but it is not. There are very large differences in what every other denomination believes and practices, and what Catholicism practices. Many of these practices border on outright Witch Craft, and Mysticism. Believe what you want to, but I know what I know. So again the heading of this thread should read.

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Catholicism used to do? Because Christians weren't ever taught to do what the Crusaders did. I have proven this, and have no idea what your point is? It's been shot full of holes.

Yes, Mormons are an off-shoot of Christianity, but they are still Christians.

For example: There are many schools of Buddhism. Some believe extremely different then I do. However, they are all Buddhists.

Just because some Christians believe differently then you doesn't change the fact that they are all Christians.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 02:07 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Yes, Mormons are an off-shoot of Christianity, but they are still Christians.

For example: There are many schools of Buddhism. Some believe extremely different then I do. However, they are all Buddhists.

Just because some Christians believe differently then you doesn't change the fact that they are all Christians.

No they are not. They are Mormons, just like Catholics are Catholics.

God in His Bible condemns these evil practices as follows:

Leviticus 19:26: "You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not practice augury or witchcraft.

Leviticus 19:31: "Do not turn to mediums or wizards; do not seek them out, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:6: "If a person turns to mediums and wizards, playing the harlot after them, I will set my face against that person, and will cut him off from among his people.

Leviticus 6:27: "A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them."

Deuteronomy 18:10-11: There shall not be found among you any one who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, any one who practices divination, a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer or a charmer, or a medium, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

There's more, but i am not here to condemn what another person believes in. It was the Roman Catholic Church, and not the Christians that killed in Christ's name. I have studied this stuff, and if you like I will teach you things that you don't seem to know, or understand. Christ, and those that follow him do not kill, and wage physical wars against other human beings. It is written in the Bible. I showed you that it was. The Pope is not the face of Christianity, he is the main representative of the Catholic Church.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 02:32 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 02:42 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

No they are not. They are Mormons, just like Catholics are Catholics.

…and Baptists are Baptists and Pentecos are Pentecos, but they are all Christian.
God in His Bible condemns these evil practices as follows:

There are no mention of Mormons, Catholics, Baptists or any other denomination in the bible.
There's more, but i am not here to condemn what another person believes in. It was the Roman Catholic Church, and not the Christians that killed in Christ's name. I have studied this stuff, and if you like I will teach you things that you don't seem to know, or understand. Christ, and those that follow him do not kill, and wage physical wars against other human beings. It is written in the Bible. I showed you that it was. The Pope is not the face of Christianity, he is the main representative of the Catholic Church.

They all believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins and is now in heaven with god. The details are unimportant.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 02:52 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

lol @ Roman Catholicism not being a part of Christianity.

It's the largest CHRISTIAN denomination in the world.
Probably the oldest as well.

All of these 'born-again' Christian denominations with their megachurches ARE the bastardized versions of Roman Catholicism.
The founders of these fake Christian cults revised the Roman Catholic Bible with their own interpretations, and used/are using their so-called faith as means for profit.

Roman Catholicism is the orthodox version of the Christian faith, just like Sunni Islam is in the Islam faith.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 03:08 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

…and Baptists are Baptists and Pentecos are Pentecos, but they are all Christian.

There are no mention of Mormons, Catholics, Baptists or any other denomination in the bible.

They all believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins and is now in heaven with god. The details are unimportant.

No they are not the same as Catholics. Catholics practice things that Christians do not practice. Things that are condemned in the bible. They may carry Christ's banner, but this does not make them Christians. Mormon's have added to the Bible. What does the Bible say about doing this? You have no idea what you are talking about. There is a large difference between what the other denominations practice, and what Catholic's, and Mormon's believe and practice. At this point it doesn't matter how much evidence I provide you with, we aren't going to agree, so it's best to agree to disagree. However you are wrong, and I challenge you to bring forth proof that Catholics are Christian's according to the Bible, and weighing their actions against the very book that they are supposed to live by.

THIS

Revelation 2:5
5'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place-- unless you repent. 6'Yet this you do have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

----------------- VS THIS-------------------------------

Idolatry 101 1:1

Saints of the Bible offers comfortable-sized biographies on many of the classic Bible Saints ... Mary, the apostles, John the Baptist, and more. Also included are several lesser-known Bible Saints such as Onesimus, Priscilla, and Aquila. Feast Days, patronages, and relevant Bible verses are also included in the book.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 03:09 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

All of these 'born-again' Christian denominations with their megachurches ARE the bastardized versions of Roman Catholicism.
The founders of these fake Christian cults revised the Roman Catholic Bible with their own interpretations, and used/are using their so-called faith as means for profit.

Roman Catholicism is the orthodox version of the Christian faith, just like Sunni Islam is in the Islam faith.

Prove that longevity means the correct path. Prove that the Catholic Church does not dabble into idolatry, mysticism, and witch craft. So because the Catholic Church was the first church, does this mean that they are still the church that they began as? Remove the blinders, and look at what goes on in the Catholic Church. Catholics are Catholics. Mormon's are the Children of Moroni.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 03:14 AM
Stoic
Avenger

As a mater of fact, let's fully take off the kids gloves, and delve into the functions that go on in the Catholic Church, and then let's cross reference those same practices with what goes on in witch craft. Get some solid proof of how sermons are always practiced in the Catholic Church. I don't want a wiki, I want you to show what happens in Catholic Churches, and who they pray to, and what idols are kept in those churches. I want you to SHOW ME what it means when they are eating the BODY of CHRIST. Then I want you to cross reference what the bible says about this practice, and then cross reference it with what goes on in witch craft.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 03:22 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Do you know what a "no true scotsman fallacy" is?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 03:23 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Prove that longevity means the correct path. Prove that the Catholic Church does not dabble into idolatry, mysticism, and witch craft. So because the Catholic Church was the first church, does this mean that they are still the church that they began as? Remove the blinders, and look at what goes on in the Catholic Church. Catholics are Catholics. Mormon's are the Children of Moroni.

I never said anything about Roman Catholicism being the correct path.

I just merely stated the facts, that Roman Catholicism is the oldest and the largest Christian church in the world, and that all these Christian cults stemmed from it and are being used as means for profit as a business by greedy megalomaniacs with a severe case of Messiah complex.

Religion is NOT the correct path.
It never was, never will be.

Knowledge, skills, and technological advancements ARE the keys to world unity.
We should all abandon these primitive belief systems, and strive to improve ourselves on our own.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 03:24 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I never said anything about Roman Catholicism being the correct path.

I just merely stated the facts, that Roman Catholicism is the oldest and the largest Christian church in the world, and that all these Christian cults stemmed from it and are being used as means for profit as a business by greedy megalomaniacs with a severe case of Messiah complex.

Religion is NOT the correct path.
It never was, never will be.

Knowledge, skills, and technological advancements ARE the keys to world unity.
We should all abandon these primitive belief systems, and strive to improve ourselves on our own.

Was is the correct term, but it is no longer, because it left it's first love. You have to study the Bible to the point that you see clear differences in what the bible teaches, and what the Catholic Church teaches. If you delve deep enough, you will be shocked to say the least. I'm ready to go to war over the fact that their candle has long since been removed from most of the Catholic Churches, and all that remains are spiritual territories. The Bible is a treasure map. I respect your choice of turning you back on spiritual things, but i believe that everyone has the right to believe in what they want to. However I am addressing the title of this thread. It was not Christians that marched on innocent people, and killed them for their lands, it was the Crusaders that hid behind his name to justify their evil deeds.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Do you know what a "no true scotsman fallacy" is?

No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.[1] When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim ("no Scotsman would do such a thing"), rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing")

Understood. Thank you, I've never heard of this philosophy.

Last edited by Stoic on Jan 15th, 2015 at 03:40 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2015 03:31 AM