KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

One of the lies for profit by the Churches seems to be the invention of hell to instill fear and loosen the purse strings and increase the indulgences people pay to save their souls, which were never condemned in the first place.

Another example of this for profit lying by Christianity would be Original Sin. This was something unknown to the Jews who have a different interpretation of their myths. To them, Eden was we were elevated, not where we fell.

Is creating false guilt for profit a good moral tenet and should a religion that does so be followed?

Or would God forbid such a sin and curse those religions to hell?

Regards
DL

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 05:18 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Greatest I am
Another example of this for profit lying by Christianity would be Original Sin.

the teaching about the "original sin" is not made by Christianity... please investigate further... smile

Old Post Apr 6th, 2015 09:59 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

No, it is not moral.

One of the lies for profit by the Churches seems to be the invention of hell to instill fear and loosen the purse strings and increase the indulgences people pay to save their souls, which were never condemned in the first place.

Hell is an empty threat.

Another example of this for profit lying by Christianity would be Original Sin. This was something unknown to the Jews who have a different interpretation of their myths. To them, Eden was we were elevated, not where we fell.

Is creating false guilt for profit a good moral tenet and should a religion that does so be followed?

Again no.

Or would God forbid such a sin and curse those religions to hell?

Regards
DL

God would not forbid such things. We are responsible the evil that we have placed on the Earth.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2015 04:10 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

Re: Re: Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
No, it is not moral.
Agreed

Hell is an empty threat.
Hell isn't something you can prove or disprove with personal experience until you die.

Again no.
You answered two questions at once there but it should be pointed out that there is a difference between following a belief religiously, and believing every teacher of religion. Any repeated behavior can be defined as being done religiously, it is that vague of a term.

God would not forbid such things. We are responsible the evil that we have placed on the Earth.
I agree.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:05 AM
The MISTER is currently offline Click here to Send The MISTER a Private Message Find more posts by The MISTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

Originally posted by The MISTER
...Hell isn't something you can prove or disprove with personal experience until you die.

Just like unicorns.

You answered two questions at once there but it should be pointed out that there is a difference between following a belief religiously, and believing every teacher of religion. Any repeated behavior can be defined as being done religiously, it is that vague of a term.

I was only answering the last question. The first part was not a question.

I agree.

Really?!

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:39 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The MISTER
Get mad if ya want.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

Just like unicorns.

I was only answering the last question. The first part was not a question.

Really?!
The last questions... The "and" separated two distinct questions. And yes I agree with your last statement. What God would truly forbid wouldn't exist for us to discuss,(for example humans born with feathered wings and the ability to fly) and as we have a will of our own we are absolutely responsible for the evil we have placed on the earth. Who else can we blame when the choices we make are ours to make?

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 07:13 PM
The MISTER is currently offline Click here to Send The MISTER a Private Message Find more posts by The MISTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

The last questions... The "and" separated two distinct questions. And yes I agree with your last statement. What God would truly forbid wouldn't exist for us to discuss,(for example humans born with feathered wings and the ability to fly) and as we have a will of our own we are absolutely responsible for the evil we have placed on the earth. Who else can we blame when the choices we make are ours to make?

I didn't seem to have any problems communication with Greatest I am.

Lets ask him.

Greatest I am, did you have a problem with the way I answered the question?

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 07:45 PM
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is creating false guilt for profit by religions a good moral tenet?

I didn't seem to have any problems communication with Greatest I am.

Lets ask him.

Greatest I am, did you have a problem with the way I answered the question?

Nope.

The MISTER

You seem to think that we and our free will can reject sin altogether. Somehow.

Please explain how?

------------

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Right?

Regards
DL

Old Post May 10th, 2015 02:42 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote