KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Positions

Positions
Started by: Wonder Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Smile Positions

Do you think there is a reason to have positions about the world if love is not real?

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 03:06 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Could you, for the sake of clarity, define the use of "positions" in your statement please?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 03:09 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

...and what do you mean by "if love is not real?"?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 03:12 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
what do you mean?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 05:02 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I think what the op is asking is:

Should we care enough to have an opinion about God's existence if Jesus as God is not real?

Wonder Man, is that what you are really trying to ask?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 05:55 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Re: Positions

Originally posted by Wonder Man
Do you think there is a reason to have positions about the world if love is not real?

Absolutely.

But do you not see the perfection all around us?

I do.

But then my God is more revealing than yours.

Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is
in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they
say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will
precede you. Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you. [Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 11:54 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Positions

"Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be or an ugly and imperfect world?"

I see the ten worlds. Among them are the worlds of heaven and hell.

Perfection? There is no perfection, and that's perfect. wink

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 04:15 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

My question is what is your reason for your own existance if you don't believe in love. Why do you hold positions about anything at all and if you believe in love then you certainly believe in Jesus.
The question was quite clear by they way and your attempts to avoid the answer are obvious.
Now your own science admits love is a chemical reaction but admits it is real.
Even your own logic say's Jesus is real and you still won't face it.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 12:56 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

My question is what is your reason for your own existance if you don't believe in love.

You don’t have to believe in love to have a reason for existence. There are many animals (like reptiles) that do not experience the emotion of love, but still exist. However, I have to admit they probably don’t have an opinion on their existence.
Why do you hold positions about anything at all and if you believe in love then you certainly believe in Jesus.

There are people throughout history that held positions about many things but didn’t know anything about Jesus. See the writings of Nichiren Daishonin.
The question was quite clear by they way and your attempts to avoid the answer are obvious.

I disagree. You are obviously talking in code, so your question was confusing to anyone who did not understand your code. Even I, who understand your code, had a hard time understanding because of your poor grammar (I’m not criticizing). I even tried to clarify, but you have not confirmed my clarification. Do not make assumptions about over’s confusions.
Now your own science admits love is a chemical reaction but admits it is real.
Even your own logic say's Jesus is real and you still won't face it.

Jesus is not a chemical love. Calling Jesus love is a code word that has nothing to do with the conventional love. I think you are confusing most people.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 03:54 PM
Greatest I am

My question is what is your reason for your own existance if you don't believe in love.

I have a short memory and cannot recall but babies just seem to seek life for life's sake and not some abstract love reason that they cannot fathom till adult.

Have you not noticed in your travel that life does not like a vacuum and whenever it can, even in the harshest of places that would kill you and I, life flourishes just for it's own sake.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:37 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Greatest I am
I have a short memory and cannot recall but babies just seem to seek life for life's sake and not some abstract love reason that they cannot fathom till adult.

Have you not noticed in your travel that life does not like a vacuum and whenever it can, even in the harshest of places that would kill you and I, life flourishes just for it's own sake.

Regards
DL

laughing out loud for no reason.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 12:54 AM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Positions as in your own thoughts on any subject. This thread wasn't about God before someone brought him up by the way.
I still believe love was found in the brain proves what God said about "I will golorify it again.
Love in both the brain and heart proves it totally.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 01:21 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Positions as in your own thoughts on any subject. This thread wasn't about God before someone brought him up by the way.
I still believe love was found in the brain proves what God said about "I will golorify it again.
Love in both the brain and heart proves it totally.

Love is an emotion and nothing more. It doesn't prove anything.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 04:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you high? Religion has nothing to do with love. Atheists can love. Love in the brain equals God? I'm legitimately wondering if you had a seizure whilst typing out your post.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 05:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Surtur
Are you high? Religion has nothing to do with love. Atheists can love. Love in the brain equals God? I'm legitimately wondering if you had a seizure whilst typing out your post.

However, it is typical of Wonder Man's threads and posts.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 06:45 PM
dyajeep

Originally posted by Surtur

true religion is love...

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."
James 1:27

it's just unfortunate that we are now dominated by false religions and putting the true one in a very bad light...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 04:48 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Originally posted by dyajeep
... it's just unfortunate that we are now dominated by false religions and putting the true one in a very bad light...

Position decides how the light hits something. The "light" doesn't move. I believe that it is the Bible that states "by their fruits ye shall know them." What I have seen from Christianity is not something I would call good "fruit". It seems that The Bible believers have placed general "Christianity" in a very bad position with regards to light.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jun 29th, 2015 12:44 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I think God came to talk about love like He said He did and when we aren't doing that like Himself did that we lose our way in life.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2015 02:04 PM
Regret
One Among Many

I think God came to talk about love like He said He did and when we aren't doing that like Himself did that we lose our way in life.

So in other words, it's all about Karma and Hedonism. Live and let live, love and let love... If you don't love, it will impact you negatively?

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jun 29th, 2015 02:20 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Regret
So in other words, it's all about Karma and Hedonism. Live and let live, love and let love... If you don't love, it will impact you negatively?

I don't think he was saying that at all.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2015 06:48 AM