KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Was God wrong to deny Adam and Eve knowledge?

Was God wrong to deny Adam and Eve knowledge?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Was God wrong to deny Adam and Eve knowledge?

Or did he give them all the details? My Bible tecollection is way fuzzy, been almost 35 years since i read it at length.

What i mean is, he told them not to eat from the tree of knowledge but, did he tell them why, and that other forces might seek to coerce them?

I had a soldier who needed to take a 9 month cycle of pills, and was told he couldnt drink the whole time.
Whatever, he said.
I asked if anyone had explained why. He said not really.
I told him the pills processed through the liver. Them plus and drinking'd basically shut the organ down and likely kill him.
Needless to say he did not drink.
My point is, a little why goes a long way.
So, assuming God didnt explain the why of his edict was he wrong?

If he did, my bad, i dont recall him doing so.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 12:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

No.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 01:14 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Which no to what? What no to which? stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 02:10 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

God did not tell them anything aside from telling them pretty much what you told your soldier friend. He told them that if the partook of this knowledge, that they would surely die. Lucifer came before them and added one word. He said that they would surely not die. There was a lack of faith in Adam and Eve as well when they chose not to obey God's words and advice to them. Instead they decided to believe Lucifer. Adam and Eve according to Bible, had everything that they needed, and lived in a veritable paradise.

The moment that they became aware, sin was introduced into them. Sin was basically to them, like termites are to wood. They were warned. They did not listen. They were given a will like all creatures have, and they chose the path that they would walk on. Should God be held accountable for the actions of others? God didn't create us to be automatons.

Last edited by Stoic on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 04:06 AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 04:00 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hmm.
So he didnt tell them why they'd surely die? Then it wasnt like what i told my Soldier.
Seems like maybe God wanted unquestioning loyalty. Humans are questioning creatures though. Design flaw?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 09:42 AM
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Hmm.
So he didnt tell them why they'd surely die? Then it wasnt like what i told my Soldier.
Seems like maybe God wanted unquestioning loyalty. Humans are questioning creatures though. Design flaw?

He told them that if they partook of that particular tree, that they would die. There was more to it though. Did you think that it was all over after God's greatest creation had been exiled? God gave Adam and Eve a choice. Would you rather live in paradise forever, or partake of the knowledge of good and evil and die? Those were choices. They never had to eat from that tree. What he did was give them the right to choose. They chose, and in so doing they inherited a second nature. Their first nature was God's nature, and everything that comes with it. Their second nature was that of the flesh, which reduced them to being mortal, but they gained knowledge. Everything that happened from the time of creation was set up to be a series of probabilities driven by the choices of God's creations. Do I have to tell you what would happen if you refused to ever work another day of your life? Adam and Eve were not stupid people. They knew everything outside of what it meant to be good, or evil. They lived a neutral existence, and lived in paradise. The problem why we don't understand what it was like, is because we have two natures, while at that time they only had one. Can you tell me exactly what it would be like to be from another gender? What about how it would be like to be a fish, dog, whale? You don't know. No one truly does.

They made their choice, like we make ours. If you jump off a 300 foot building, and realize halfway down that you made a mistake, do you expect a giant hand out of the blue is going to rescue you, or stop your fall? No, of course not. But, it all began with the choice that you made. Who's really to blame? In my opinion, Adam and Eve had no one else to blame but themselves. You can't even pin the blame on Satan. I mean if someone tells you to blow your brains out with a loaded gun, are you? No? Well guess what? Some people would, and have. Did you or they know the consequences of their actions before pulling the trigger? Yes they did. Who's to blame?

You see this is one thing that I can't stand about people that try to blame the BS that they do on Satan, or even circumstance. I try to live my life with the belief that life is 99% attitude, and 1% circumstance. This way I can take ownership of all of the good, and bad choices that I will choose to make. Just one more example, and I'm done. How many people smoke cigarettes? Weren't they warned or told about the consequences of those products? If so, why do they smoke, or why did they begin in the first place? Who's to blame?

Last edited by Stoic on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 08:00 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 07:56 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I'd also like to add, that everything that Adam and Eve did aside from from eating from that tree and gaining that particular knowledge was not wrong. This could mean that if Adam decided that he wanted to have butt sex with Eve in a tree while screaming out loud, it was not wrong. But the moment that they ate from it, they noticed that they were naked, and they suddenly became ashamed and paranoid.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 08:10 PM
riv6672

That was both insightful and hilarious. Thanks. yes

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 08:58 PM
Stoic
Avenger

But did you really understand? God's nature has no sin in it, nor can God fellowship with sin. When they gained the knowledge of good and evil, their natures changed because they knew what sin was, and then became sinful creatures. It's not that God did not love them. God just can't stomach sin. I guess it would be a lot like you sitting and wallowing in fecal matter.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 02:04 AM
riv6672

Hey, some say i do that already. wink

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 04:19 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But if the knowledge would of killed them why even make it so they can access it in the first place? Some might say "he was testing them" but this doesn't actually make sense since if God is truly all knowing then he already would of known if they'd disobey him or not..a test would be utterly pointless.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 02:41 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Plausible deniability?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 09:52 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plausible deniability?

But an all knowing being could never achieve plausible deniability.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 04:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It was just a guess....

Old Post Jul 4th, 2015 01:01 AM
Flyattractor

Hmm.

Would you rather he didn't let us have a choice?

Reminds me of that episode of God The Devil and Bob.

God says he made a world with no choice but then he got bored with it and now it just sits under his bed.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2015 01:31 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It also seemed like God was just manipulating them. If he told them they would "surely die" from the knowledge...the truth was that the knowledge would apparently make them mortal. First of all, if he is God he could of made it so the knowledge wouldn't have any negative effect on anyone. Second, why does it come off like God would prefer if people stayed completely ignorant?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2015 02:04 AM
riv6672

^^^yeah, those are questions i thought about growing up.
I can only put myself in god's shoes to a point. After that point the why of too many things become really numerous.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 09:46 AM