KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What denomination is God/was Jesus?

What denomination is God/was Jesus?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

What denomination is God/was Jesus?

Because there are a LOT of denominations, be they Christian, Protestant, Baptist...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 11:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

He was jewish.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 12:37 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
He was jewish.

thumb up

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 12:39 PM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

He was jewish.

(please log in to view the image)
laughing

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 12:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Given that religion is defined as a system of worship, "God" wouldn't be any of them. If Christ worshiped God, he would have been Jewish.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 01:12 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The tateleh, Yahshua, vas a Yid.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 02:15 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thanks for going into a bit more detail. thumb up

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 09:57 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's Agnostic don't you know?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 04:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^No, i dont! Thats why i asked! stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 05:36 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Jesus was a Protestant, and he often defied Jewish tenets. He even taught a completely different gospel. Christianity is truly an extension of Judaism, but god in the NT (New Testament) deals with mankind differently than what is written in the OT (Old Testament). Judaism to many is a stunted condition, self imposed by a people that have refused to carry on but instead have decided to continue onward with outdated beliefs. That of course depends on if people believed that the New Testament is indeed the continuation of the Old Testament. We know that the same laws that Jewish people live under are the same ones that are written in the Old Testament to this very day.

So yes, Jesus was a Protestant Jew. You see, it says in the New Testament that man would sacrifice livestock (cattle) to appease god, but it also says that God used to wink at those types of things. God now required that we form a relationship with him/it/Jesus or whoever you believe God to be.

Acts 26:20
First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30
29"Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man. 30"Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, 31because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

Isaiah 1:11
10Hear the word of the LORD, You rulers of Sodom; Give ear to the instruction of our God, You people of Gomorrah. 11"What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?" Says the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle; And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats. 12"When you come to appear before Me, Who requires of you this trampling of My courts?

Proverbs 15:8
The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but the prayer of the upright pleases him.

It goes on, and on, and on.

Amos 5:22
Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Though you bring choice fellowship offerings, I will have no regard for them.

Can this be the same personality, or desire that was inspiring men before the Christ was born? *Read below to see the similarities

Matthew 22:4
"Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'

Hebrews 10
10 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. 2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. 3 But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

Last edited by Stoic on Jul 17th, 2015 at 08:56 AM

Old Post Jul 17th, 2015 08:50 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Stoic
Jesus was a Protestant, and he often defied Jewish tenets.

Even current Jews would be considered as defiant towards the religion as it was back when Jesus lived. I mean, he did participated in jewish rites, respected their traditions and even declared he intended to teach jews in particular. Did he defied the authorities and refuted several of the traditional theology? Certainly, but that would make him a jewish heretic.

Protestant is a misnomer to it, if you're referring to the religious movement that didn't exist at all back when Jesus lived.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 17th, 2015 10:06 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This is pretty interesting!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2015 10:12 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Even current Jews would be considered as defiant towards the religion as it was back when Jesus lived. I mean, he did participated in jewish rites, respected their traditions and even declared he intended to teach jews in particular. Did he defied the authorities and refuted several of the traditional theology? Certainly, but that would make him a jewish heretic.

Protestant is a misnomer to it, if you're referring to the religious movement that didn't exist at all back when Jesus lived.

You're doing it again. You're measuring the doctrine according to the people. This is an incorrect and irresponsible way of viewing things. Just because many Jews protest of the things that were practiced in the time of Jesus, does not mean that they can not or are not supposed to practice them in order to live a proper religious Jewish life. The NT writes all about the OT. It doesn't nullify everything written within the OT though, but it adjusts us to the fact that the Holy Spirit can now live within people as opposed to when it only inspired people. Factually speaking, the Children of God did not appear in the bible, or even exist until Jesus rose from the dead. He did after all say that "I will pray to the father, and he will send a comforter in my name".

Old Post Jul 17th, 2015 10:26 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Can you explain this claim?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2015 10:32 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Can you explain this claim?

"The Protestant Reformation was a major 16th century European movement aimed initially at reforming the beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic Church. "

http://www.theopedia.com/protestant-reformation

There is no way that Jesus could have been a Protestant.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2015 11:19 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
"The Protestant Reformation was a major 16th century European movement aimed initially at reforming the beliefs and practices of the Roman Catholic Church. "

http://www.theopedia.com/protestant-reformation

There is no way that Jesus could have been a Protestant.

You're opting to replace the word protest with it's legal termination. Jesus was indeed a Jewish rebel, or Protestant Jew. Should I define the word protest, or do you understand the nature of the term? Not trying to offend you here.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2015 12:34 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

You're opting to replace the word protest with it's legal termination. Jesus was indeed a Jewish rebel, or Protestant Jew. Should I define the word protest, or do you understand the nature of the term? Not trying to offend you here.

"Prot·es·tant
/ˈprädəstənt/
noun: Protestant; plural noun: Protestants
a member or follower of any of the Western Christian churches that are separate from the Roman Catholic Church and follow the principles of the Reformation, including the Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran churches.

adjective: Protestant
of, relating to, or belonging to any of the Protestant churches."

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#...tant+definition

"pro·test

noun: protest; plural noun: protests
a statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something."

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=protest+definition

I can find nothing under Protestant Jew, therefore I can only conclude that you made it up.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2015 12:51 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

"Prot·es·tant
/ˈprädəstənt/
a member or follower of any of the Western Christian churches that are separate from the Roman Catholic Church and follow the principles of the Reformation, including the Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran churches.

"pro·test

I can find nothing under Protestant Jew, therefore I can only conclude that you made it up.

Or you aren't capable of understanding how it is being used here. Jesus was a rebel, and often protested the Jewish faith. Which is why I said that Jesus was a Protestant Jew. Christianity did not exist at that time so technically Jesus could not be a Protestant in that sense. I realize that you know exactly what I'm saying, and I would like you to know that it only serves in making you look like one of two things. A dimwit, or a troll.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2015 01:53 AM
Stoic
Avenger

"Prot·es·tant
/ˈprädəstənt/

"pro·test

I'm sorry for calling you a dimwit. That was really uncalled for. I just didn't think that it would be very difficult to see the correlation between Catholicism vs Protestant Christian to Judaism vs What Christ taught. The Pharisees, and Sadducee did not agree with what he taught after all. They even attempted to ensnare him. Jesus was as much of a Protestant to Judaism, as Pentecostal is to Catholicism. Are you arguing that the use of legality in the form of name alone confirms one, while also serving to deny another of equal stature and purpose? Catholicism isn't the standard and never has been. The book from which every church is supposed to follow (the Bible), is the real and only true standard by which people should use as a point of reference.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2015 02:40 AM
riv6672

Speaking as someone who only now just realized the meaning of the term protestant (though i should have put 2 and 2 together), you didnt offend ME at all!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2015 10:18 AM