KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The American sense of justice and morality is dead. Do you agree?

The American sense of justice and morality is dead. Do you agree?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

Are those qualities dead everywhere?

http://www.c-span.org/video/?328079...erty-university

Vigilantism is driven by a sense of justice and morality. That sense is feared by our oligarch and plutocrat owners. That vigilantism, I think, is what used to keep the politician in line and our oligarch owners more generous towards their underlings/us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2g...player_embedded

Justice and the American Dream were driven by a sense of justice and morality. That sense of justice and morality has been replaced, at the top of the demographic pyramid, and our new owners, by the new sense that the acquisition of wealth is now the moral and just ideal. The oligarchs’ new God is now money.

The rich, in their gated communities, think themselves secure and think that their huge wealth will protect them and isolate them from justice. They do not fear vigilantes as they seem to think that the heart and desire for justice is no longer in the average American heart.

Are they correct?

Are we all willing to continue in such a system where the rich, while driving by the poor, not only do not care for them or their plight, but also take what little the poor have as they drive on by?

I call that theft with the collusion and help of their political elected slaves, eh, politicians, of course.

Regards
DL

Old Post Sep 27th, 2015 02:59 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes people don't help eachother or look out for eachother as said in the bible. America is a nation corrupted with sin, death, sex addiction, greed, lust, gluttony, and pride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8cf8fEwQU

MUST READ, NONE DARE CALL IT CONSPIRACY by Gary Allen.

http://www.whale.to/b/allen_b1.html

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 11:01 PM
Agusto Pinochet is currently offline Click here to Send Agusto Pinochet a Private Message Find more posts by Agusto Pinochet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

thumb up

I'm proud of America.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 11:15 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
thumb up

I'm proud of America.

Ditto.

**** everyone else

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 11:28 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet
Yes people don't help eachother or look out for eachother as said in the bible. America is a nation corrupted with sin, death, sex addiction, greed, lust, gluttony, and pride.

Sounds amazing. Let's kick everyone out who does not agree, we'll start with the Muslims and then the illegals.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 11:29 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

To OP: Yeah, that's what tends to happen when a country turns away from the only real God...Christ.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 11:44 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Sounds amazing. Let's kick everyone out who does not agree, we'll start with the Muslims and then the illegals.

The illegals should all be kicked out and our immigration system needs a complete and total pause/ban until at least the economy is under control.

Last edited by Agusto Pinochet on Dec 27th, 2015 at 11:49 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 11:47 PM
Agusto Pinochet is currently offline Click here to Send Agusto Pinochet a Private Message Find more posts by Agusto Pinochet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428
To OP: Yeah, that's what tends to happen when a country turns away from the only real God...Christ.

Exacley look at how corrupt this country is.

Last edited by Agusto Pinochet on Dec 27th, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 11:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Ditto.

**** everyone else

Surely you can't be proud of our court system? Which is royally f*cked beyond belief. It is in an inexcusable state that needs to be completely redone.

So I think in that sense yes our sense of justice is dead. Everything from the way we deal with murderers to the way we deal with divorce and child support is just all kinds of messed up.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 12:23 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agusto Pinochet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Surely you can't be proud of our court system? Which is royally f*cked beyond belief. It is in an inexcusable state that needs to be completely redone.

So I think in that sense yes our sense of justice is dead. Everything from the way we deal with murderers to the way we deal with divorce and child support is just all kinds of messed up.

Exaey hardcore criminals/rapists sit on death row their whole life yet they arrest/put mad people in jail for minor things.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 05:32 AM
Q99

Re: The American sense of justice and morality is dead. Do you agree?

I'd say it's not only not dead, but getting stronger. Injustices once brushed aside are being confronted, pointless inequalities removed...

Murder rates are down. Prejudice is down and less institutionalized- The KKK used to be publicly well accepted, popular, and had strong ties to the police (the current racial problems? Real, but much smaller than what it was, and arguably the legacy of those old days). Corruption is, believe it or not, down. Seriously, look at the gilded age! There is a reason why people look at the rise of the super-rich and say it's a second guilded age. Lasse faire economics had the government regularly providing lots of money to companies purely for their own profit. We had an era when this was widely accepted as good.

I think this is mostly 'golden ageism.' Namely, the problems of the past are so distance, they don't feel as real, so the real problems of the now seem larger in comparison.

Last edited by Q99 on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 06:25 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 06:23 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Dead in comparison to when?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 06:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Yeah, justice just isn't what it used to be.. Not since we finally did away with that law that let us sterilize stupid people (And which the Nazi's credited as an inspiration for their eugenics project..)

The history of the Supreme Court and American justice in general is full of stuff that would make your jaw drop...

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 09:08 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by NemeBro
Dead in comparison to when?

To be fair, any time you're comparing it to will also have visionaries with the foresight to tell you how morals are dying then too.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 10:13 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Q99
To be fair, any time you're comparing it to will also have visionaries with the foresight to tell you how morals are dying then too.
I was just curious to know what time period he was holding to be morally superior, while secretly hoping he would say one of the time periods where black guys could be killed for flirting with a white woman.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 08:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: The American sense of justice and morality is dead. Do you agree?

Originally posted by Q99
I'd say it's not only not dead, but getting stronger. Injustices once brushed aside are being confronted, pointless inequalities removed...

Murder rates are down. Prejudice is down and less institutionalized- The KKK used to be publicly well accepted, popular, and had strong ties to the police (the current racial problems? Real, but much smaller than what it was, and arguably the legacy of those old days). Corruption is, believe it or not, down. Seriously, look at the gilded age! There is a reason why people look at the rise of the super-rich and say it's a second guilded age. Lasse faire economics had the government regularly providing lots of money to companies purely for their own profit. We had an era when this was widely accepted as good.

I think this is mostly 'golden ageism.' Namely, the problems of the past are so distance, they don't feel as real, so the real problems of the now seem larger in comparison.

Except the problem with this is injustices do get brushed aside. Oh yes, things have improved. But the thing is tons of injustice goes overlooked because it doesn't fit into the narrative of what people think matters today. If it doesn't involve racism or a mass shooting or terrorism it seems it gets put on the back burner.

Our justice system is just royally screwed. It just gets worse every year not better. We pay attention to certain crimes more that is true, but the system still gets worse year by year.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 10:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Re: Re: Re: The American sense of justice and morality is dead. Do you agree?

Oh yes, things have improved

...(...)...

It just gets worse every year not better.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 12:16 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Agusto Pinochet

Name me one perfect country.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 12:52 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Re: Re: The American sense of justice and morality is dead. Do you agree?

Except the problem with this is injustices do get brushed aside. Oh yes, things have improved. But the thing is tons of injustice goes overlooked because it doesn't fit into the narrative of what people think matters today. If it doesn't involve racism or a mass shooting or terrorism it seems it gets put on the back burner.

But, here's the thing- the injustices that are overlooked? Generally have been for a long time.

Things aren't getting worse that I see. I don't see any big categories of injustice that are recently formed. Or in other worse, I'm not seeing signs of it dying.

If one is considering it dead now, then I think that's effectively saying it was never alive to begin with, because if anything I think it's getting slowly better.

quote:

Our justice system is just royally screwed. It just gets worse every year not better. We pay attention to certain crimes more that is true, but the system still gets worse year by year.

See, I'm not sure about that, I think we're just hearing more of problems that were there.

I mean, the actual crime rates are going down in most crimes. Murders are down, violence is down...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 02:05 PM
cdtm

Injustice is kind of built in to Democracy..

Because the general public tends to think with their emotions. Just look at OJ Simpson.. It was Democracy in action, with a lawyer doing his best to sway the jury with emotions. And succeeding.

Why's gay marriage legal now? Because of the constitution? Or because the public finally started demanding it?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2016 02:51 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote