KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Allah is not Jehovah

Allah is not Jehovah
Started by: Tattoos N Scars

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Allah is not Jehovah

Allah claims to be the same as Jehovah

Historically, Allah was the name of the chief idol in kaaba. However, in the Koran, Allah is described as follows:

He claims to be the creator who created the universe in six days (10:3)
He is the only God (5:73, 4:87)
He claims to be sovereign (9:70)
He is knower of all things (2:29)
He created Adam and Eve (2:31, 7:190)
He was Abraham’s God (2:125)
He was the God who sent Moses and Aaron to Pharaoh to liberate the people of Israel (7:103)
He was the God who sent Jesus to earth: (3: 49-51)
He gave man the Torah (the Old Testament), the Gospel (the New Testament) and then the Koran (3:3).
All these features are the same as that of Jehovah, the God of the Bible. So then, is the God of Islam the same as the God of the Bible? Before you say “Yes”, hang on. Consider the following differences between Jehovah and Allah

Difference # 1: The Name

The Koran mentions Bible characters such as Adam (4000 BC), Noah (2500 BC), Abraham (2000 BC), Moses (1500 BC), Samuel (1000 BC) and Jonah (800 BC) as worshiping Allah. However, the word “Allah” is absent in the Bible. The generic Hebrew word for God is El or Elohim, which is similar to the Arabic Illah – of course, this has nothing to do with the identities of the respective Gods in the Bible and Koran. In connection with all these above-mentioned characters, the name for God in the Bible is JEHOVAH (out of reverence, this is rendered LORD in some English Bibles). Here is a sample:

“Jehovah-God called to the man [Adam] and said to him, Where are you?” – Genesis 3: 9
“Jehovah said to Noah…” – Genesis 7:1
“Jehovah had said to Abram [Abraham]” – Genesis 12: 1
"[To Moses:] You shall do My judgments and keep My ordinances, to walk in them: I am Jehovah your God. You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, which if a man does, he shall live by them: I am Jehovah. None of you shall approach the flesh of anyone who is kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am Jehovah.” – Leviticus 18: 4-6
“Jehovah called Samuel…” – 1 Samuel 3:8
“Jonah said to them: I [am] a Hebrew. And I revere Jehovah the God of Heaven, who has made the sea and the dry land.” – Jonah 1:9
Everywhere, the Old Testament rings with the name JEHOVAH and not Allah. It follows then, that the Gods of the Bible and Islam are not the same!

“Wait a minute”, you say, “Is it not possible that one person has more than one name?”
In principle it is, but read this:

“Moreover God said to Moses, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel: Jehovah the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My eternal name, and this is My memorial from generation to generation.” – Exodus 3:15

Did you notice that? Jehovah is the eternal name of the God of the Bible. There’s no room for another name like Allah. The God of the Bible goes on to say:

“I am Jehovah; that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another” – Isaiah 42: 8

Not only are the names of the gods of the Bible and Islam different, their characters and instructions to their followers are also very different!

Difference # 2

The God of the Bible is a trinity but Allah is singular (Surah 4:171). This is crucial because

It means that Jehovah logically can be love as the Bible claims He is (1 John 4:8), but Allah cannot. Love is a transitive verb. Allah had no one to love in eternity past (and he was not troubled by his lack of company), and therefore, love cannot be his fundamental attribute.
It makes Allah collapse before Euthyphro's Dilemma. See Reason 5 here for elaboration.
It makes Allah fail to be intrinsically good because the only validation of intrinsic goodness is perfectly joyful and harmonious relationships between persons. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are in perfect harmony with each other. This proves that all of them are infinitely good. Allah makes the rules and enforces them, but there is no way to prove that these rules are good in themselves.
Difference # 3

Jehovah encourages his followers to not retaliate personally when they are being wronged (1 Peter 2: 19-23), but Allah condones harsh speech from those who have been wronged (4:148)

Jehovah expects His followers to follow the supreme example of Jesus Christ His Son, who reserved all judgment (that the government neglects to administer) to the final Day of Judgment. It was this knowledge that enabled Jesus, and enables his followers today, to suffer wrong quietly. Whereas both Jehovah and Allah claim to be the ultimate judges, it is Jehovah who expects His people to walk according to this knowledge, knowing that the right of vengeance belongs to Him. Clearly, the moral standards of Jehovah are higher than that of Allah.
Difference # 4

Allah is a champion of anti-Semitism [in the restricted sense of Anti-Jewish sentiment]:

On the other hand, Jehovah calls Himself the “God of Israel” 203 times in the Bible! He says He loves Israel and will never forget them (Jeremiah 33:20-21) and will set up a worldwide kingdom headquartered at Jerusalem (Isaiah 2:2-3)

Clearly, Allah and Jehovah are markedly different. In fact, there is a conflict going on. The followers of Allah in the Middle East outnumber the Jews 50:1 and are rolling with petrodollars (and petro-clout!) These nations want Israel to be exterminated. Jehovah has promised it won’t happen!

Difference # 5

Allah's prescription for paradise is belief and good works (Surah 3:57, 2:223) and the Koran claims that he is merciful. Jehovah offers salvation as a free gift based on Jesus' perfect sacrificial death.

“For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man some would even be bold enough to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us…God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life…Jesus Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live unto righteousness; by whose stripes you were healed…For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast…These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life” (Romans 5: 8, John 3:16, 1 Peter 2:24, Ephesians 2: 8, 9, 1 John 5:13)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 03:19 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Difference #6

Allah demands that Muslims –fight– for him even unto death:

“Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward” – Surah 4:74

While Jehovah wants His followers to be faithful to Him (that is, not deny Him) even on pain of death, He does not demand that they fight, and provided the supreme precedent for sacrifice Himself in sending His Son to die for the sins of humanity (Romans 5: 8).

Difference #7

Jehovah promises a heaven that will be a wonderful place because:

We’ll get to see Him, who’s loved us so much that He gave His Son to die for our redemption.
We’ll get to see others, from every time in history and place on earth, people who have put their faith on the living One True God Jehovah
There won’t be any pain, suffering, grief, sin or evil.
When we get to heaven, there will be no marriage (Matthew 22:30).

On the other hand, Allah’s paradise is a very different.

"As for the righteous, they shall surely triumph. Theirs shall be gardens and vineyards, and virgins with big breasts for companions: a truly overflowing cup." – Surah 78:31
"...They will sit with bashful, dark-eyed virgins, as chaste as the sheltered eggs of ostriches." – Surah 37:40-48
"...They shall recline on couches ranged in rows. To dark-eyed houris (virgins) we shall wed them..." – Surah 52:17-20
"...We created the houris (the beautiful women) and made them virgins, loving companions for those on the right hand.. "– Surah 56:7-40
"In each there shall be virgins chaste and fair... Dark eyed virgins sheltered in their tents whom neither man nor Jinn will have touched before.." – Surah 55:70-77
"Round about them will serve boys of perpetual freshness." – Surah 56:17
"In them will be bashful virgins neither man nor Jinn will have touched before. Then which of the favors of your Lord will you deny?" – Surah 55:56-57
Looks like Allah knows to bargain. Jehovah on the other hand, expects His followers to serve Him as a loving response to the love that He has shown to them. Now for the Hadith.

“Ali reported that the Apostle of Allah said, ‘There is in Paradise a market wherein there will be no buying or selling, but will consist of men and women. When a man desires a beauty, he will have intercourse with them.’” (Al Hadis, Vol. 4, p. 172, No. 34)
"The virgins will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions" - Sahih Bukhari 4:55:544
'Everyone that God admits into paradise will be married to 72 wives; two of them are houris and seventy of his inheritance of the [female] dwellers of hell. All of them will have libidinous sex organs and he will have an ever-erect penis.' " - Sunan Ibn Majah, Zuhd (Book of Abstinence) 39
"The Holy Prophet said: 'The believer will be given such and such strength in Paradise for sexual intercourse. It was questioned: O prophet of Allah! can he do that? He said: "He will be given the strength of one hundred persons." - Mishkat al-Masabih Book IV, Chapter XLII, Paradise and Hell, Hadith Number 24
The prophet Muhammad described his view with the following words, “The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine, and ruby, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyyah [a Damascus suburb] to Sana’a .” (Surah Al-Rahman 55, 72, as interpreted by Ibn Kathir, who died in 1373 CE)
Apart from sex, Allah promises all the other things 7th century Arabians lusted after: abundant water (Surah 13:35), wine (56:7-40), fruit (55: 68, 69), jewels, fancy cutlery and fabrics (43:68-73, 55:70-77, 56:7-40). Allah and Jehovah are poles apart!!

An important point: In Surah 37:42-43, Surah 52:18-19, Surah 78:36, etc. we read that the sensuous delights of paradise are the ultimate reward for Muslims. They are not an "add-on" to some non-sensuous reward such as fellowship with Allah. The emphasis on sense gratification raises the question: Why did Allah create humans? What does he gain by giving orgasms in return for pilgrimage to Mecca?

More on Allah's paradise [Includes refutations of excuses made by Islamic apologists to explain away these passages]. Also see: Sex in Islam

Difference #8

Allah is a doting tyrant:
“The Jews and Christians claim that they are loved ones of Allah. But that is disproved by the fact that he chastises them. He forgives and chastises whomever he wants (5:18)
In contrast, Jehovah is a loving Father who wants all to come to Him (1 Timothy 2:4, 2 Peter 3:9). He chastises His children as any wise father would (Hebrews 12: 5-11)
Difference #9

Jehovah has given people the freedom of conscience (see Joshua 24:16 or Revelation 3:20 for example)

Allah demands that you either become a Muslim or get plundered and murdered:
“Slay the idolaters wherever you find them” – Surah 9:5
“It is not for a prophet to take captives before he has made slaughter in the land” – Surah 8:67
Difference #10

Allah considers a few options concerning how to deliver the Koran (6:7) and then settles on dictating the whole thing to a single character, Muhammad. Needless to say, this leaves authenticity open to question. A single person can easily make up a coherent fraud.

However, Jehovah delivered the Old and New Testaments to dozens of authors from different backgrounds, over a period of thousands of years, using three different languages, in three different continents. By doing so and coming up with a coherent Bible, Jehovah has given us a proof of the authenticity of the Bible. If Allah was the same as Jehovah (as he claims to be) he should have at least told us why he decided to change his method of delivery!
Difference # 11

If you’re not convinced that Allah is god, he’s got some proofs:

“Allah is able to bring misfortune to people. This shows that he is god.” (6:65)

And some claims:

“Messengers of Allah to Midian, etc had "proofs of Allah's sovereignty"” (9:70) [We are not told what these proofs were, or even in which year the messengers went to Midian, or who are the Midianites]

Contrast these with how Jehovah has authenticated Himself in various ways.

Difference # 12

Allah is prejudiced against deaf and dumb people.

“Deaf and dumb people are the worst beasts, who have no sense. If Allah had made them hear, they would turn away from him" (Surah 7:22-23)

Jehovah and His Son are compassionate towards the deaf and dumb.

"And one of the crowd answered and said, Teacher, I brought You my son, who has a mute spirit. I spoke to Your disciples, that they should cast it out, but they were not able. So Jesus asked his father, How long has this been happening to him? And he said, From childhood. And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You are able to do anything, have compassion on us and help us. Jesus said to him, If you are able to believe, all things are possible to him who believes. And immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief! When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, Deaf and mute spirit, I command you, Come out of him and enter him no more. And the spirit cried out, convulsed him greatly, and came out of him. And he became as if dead, so that many said, He has died. But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him up, and he arose." – Mark 9:17-27

More Differences

There is no mediator with Allah (6:51). The Lord Jesus Christ is a mediator with Jehovah (1 Timothy 2:5)
Allah sends some people astray (6:39). Jehovah wants all to come to Him (1 Timothy 2:4, 2 Peter 3:9), and none to perish.
Jehovah is capable of writing an error free Bible, but Allah is unable to keep the Koran free of errors.
Allah changes his revelations and his mind (2:106, 16:101) whereas Jehovah does not (Malachi 3:6, Psalm 119:89). No prizes for guessing who’s more reliable!
Jehovah's Bible has hundreds of accurately fulfilled prophecies. Allah's Koran has none. This proves that Jehovah knows human history and controls it for His purposes, whereas Allah doesn't – just what to expect if Jehovah is the true God, and Allah is an Arabian creation.
Conclusion

Allah is an impostor. He claims to be the same God Jehovah who dealt with people like Abraham in the past. However, on closer examination, he turns out to be different from Jehovah, and thus is self-contradictory and logically inconsistent. His advocating violence and promising cheap Arabian thrills as rewards prove that he is a product of seventh century Arabia, not a real God.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 03:21 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

The Koran all on its own distinguishes itself from Christianity as it proclaims that Allah has no son:

It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. (Surah 19:35).

Further, that He may warn those (also) who say, “Allah hath begotten a son”:[5] No knowledge have they of such a thing, nor had their fathers. It is a grievous thing that issues from their mouths as a saying: What they say is nothing but falsehood! (Surah 18:4-5).

It denies the crucifixion:

That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary a grave false charge; That they said (in boast): We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah. But they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjunction to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. … And on the Day of Judgment He (Jesus) will be a witness against them (Christians).”(Surah 004:156-159)

Jesus Christ proclaimed His Sonship and equality with God the Father in no uncertain terms when He proclaimed: “I and my Father are one.” (John 10:30). The crucifixion, in which Christ gave His life and took the penalty for all of the sins of the world, so that fallen humanity would have a chance for forgiveness, is the fulfillment of God’s plan for salvation of the world. It is the critical atoning work and the only means by which a person can go to Heaven. To deny the crucifixion is to deny everything about the Bible. And yet this is what the Koran does.

So there is no question that the god of Islam is not the same as Yahweh, the God of the Bible. And certainly the Jesus of Islam is not remotely the same as the true Jesus Christ of Christianity

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 03:40 AM
riv6672

quote:
So there is no question that the god of Islam is not the same as Yahweh, the God of the Bible. And certainly the Jesus of Islam is not remotely the same as the true Jesus Christ of Christianity

^^^Well yes, i could have told you that.
Interesting reading, though. Hope you get more substantial feedback than mine.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 06:21 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Well, a lot of the same, if not much more arguments could then be made that the God of the New Testament is not the God of the Torah. Starting with your decision to use the translated name Jehovah, rather than the Jewish standard of Yaweh. Yaweh also is a singular God, like Allah, not a trinity like the God of the New Testament. Yaweh, like Allah, wants people to follow his rules and bases his jus mentioned on that, the God of the New Testament only has one rule, to believe in his "son" aspect, making any other rules or morals unimportant.

So, yeah, perhaps Allah is not the God of the new Testament, but he's definitely closer to that of the Old Testament. At any rate, they both claim to be "evolutions" of Yaweh, and are in that way at least historically related.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 09:06 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But God is all powerful. He should totally be able to be two separate entities if he wants. Or a billion different entities. Or it's the same thing just with different interpretations from different people.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 02:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jehovah, Yahweh, I AM, Jesus Christ, etc...It doesn't matter which name you call Him, He is still the Christian God. It always puzzles me when people (especially "Christians" like DarthAnt66, who should know better) act as if the New Testament and Old testament have two seperate Gods. They're One and the same. Christ has ALWAYS existed (although in a different form and known by a different name, "The Word") just as His Father has. Just because most Jews, for now anyway, reject the idea of a triune God doesn't mean the God of the OT was not one.

Check out the article I linked to in my "Yahweh: The 3-in-1 God" for detailed info on the triune nature of God. He has always been a Triune God. He didn't just suddenly become one as many people seem to think.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 20th, 2015 at 02:53 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 02:45 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You are correct people do act like the Old and New testament Gods are separate. My guess is because otherwise they would have to admit their God is bi-polar, at best.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 02:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Elohim is a plural name of God in the Old Testament. In Hebrew, plural is three or more, not two or more like in the English language. The Hewbrews did not understand fully the doctrine of the Trinity, but it is evident that they understood there was a triune nature to God, hence the use of the plural.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 03:58 PM
Q99

quote:

The Koran mentions Bible characters such as Adam (4000 BC), Noah (2500 BC), Abraham (2000 BC), Moses (1500 BC), Samuel (1000 BC) and Jonah (800 BC) as worshiping Allah. However, the word “Allah” is absent in the Bible.

So is the word 'God'. God is not a word in either original language. Allah is just a translation of the word God, and not God's name any more than God is.

Here's the thing: They're both explicitly the Jewish God. You can't word-lawyer your way around that with nitpicks.

Heck, it is explicit that the Muslim God is the God that Jesus was preaching about too, and they consider him a holy figure.

You can jump through all the hoops and nitpicks you want, but it's really just two different views on what is very clearly the same being.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:09 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

To go to the thread that spun this off:

quote:
Star
People, like Q99, who get their info from clueless left wing sources that make retarded claims like "the muslim god is the same as the Christian One", then spread that garbage across the internet like a virus poisoning the minds of those who are impressionable are one of the major underlying problems in this country.

The only sources one needs are the Torah, Bible, and Koran to see they're all different interpretations of what is supposed to be the same being. I mean, both later books are 100% no question referring to the God of the Torah.

Judaism doesn't believe in the 3-in-1 or such either, but if you say that the Christian God isn't the Jewish God, I will laugh at you. So hard. So very, very hard.

Heck, the title of this thread literally translates to 'God is not Jehovah,' which is I think not the intent, to say the obvious. Allah is just a translation of the word 'God'. Arabic speaking Christians and Jews use the word Allah.

You're confusing 'you have a major theological disagreement with these versions' with 'different beings,' but it's semantic games. Muslims will tell you that it's the same God, so will many Christians- and I'm not talking modern liberals here, you could ask learned Christians centuries ago and get the same answer- and so will an actual reading of the actual books.

Last edited by Q99 on Dec 20th, 2015 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:15 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

No, what you are saying is the same as trying to pass off an orange as an apple. They are both fruits, but they are completely unrelated to each other.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:16 PM
Bardock42

Yeah, but really they are. Allah is the same God that Christians worship, i.e. it is "in-universe" the God of the Hebrews who changed his mind and now likes the Christians/Muslims the most. Both are popular Torah fan-fiction.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:17 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
No, what you are saying is the same as trying to pass off an orange as an apple. They are both fruits, but they are completely unrelated to each other.

Nope.

The God in the Koran is explicitly the Jewish God, and the God of Jesus.

They believe, just like Jews do, that Jesus was a holy prophet of the same God that's in the Torah.

You want them to be different Gods, but wanting it doesn't make it so. They both came from the same seed and trying to pretend that they're completely unrelated requires some fairly ridiculous semantic games, and ignoring all the examples where they are clearly and explicitly the same God and pointing to the different interpretations- which are clearly just that, different interpretations of what is supposed to be the same God.

All the "Ah hah, but they view this part differently..." in the world won't change that they're actually stated to be the same and literally grew from the same root. Of course there's parts they view differently, they are different interpertations, but they also clearly refer to being from the same source.

Heck, different books of the Bible are known to view stuff differently, and sometimes in overtly clashing ways (like 'how many animals were on the ark'. Two of each kind, or 7 pairs of each clean kind, 3 of each unclean?). Doesn't mean every clash between what one apostle thought and another makes for a different God, and that's the kind of argument you're making.

Last edited by Q99 on Dec 20th, 2015 at 04:25 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:21 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

I don't see why unbelievers can't grasp this. Making Allah the same as Yahweh is like make a square block fit inside a triangle of similar size, you can't do it. If the cops had these two in a line up, would they say they were the same?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:36 PM
Bardock42

I don't see why unbelievers can't grasp this. Making Allah the same as Yahweh is like make a square block fit inside a triangle of similar size, you can't do it. If the cops had these two in a line up, would they say they were the same?

They wouldn't say that, cause there'd only be one god standing there.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 04:39 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly.
Originally posted by Bardock42
They wouldn't say that, cause there'd only be one god standing there.

Bullshit. No matter how many times delusional people like you or Q99 say that it doesn't make it true. You and Q are just making yourselves look foolish and ignorant. Allah and Yahweh are nothing alike. For starters, the former is not even real. Then, of course, there's the fact that without Christ, there would be no God at all or anything else, for that matter. Muslims deny those facts about Christ. So, it's clear that the Muslim god is not Yahweh... You both are trolling Christians, plain and simple.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Dec 20th, 2015 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:10 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428
Exactly.

Bullshit. No matter how many times delusional people like you or Q99 say that it doesn't make it true. You and Q are just making yourselves look foolish and ignorant. Allah and Yahweh are nothing alike. For starters, the former is not even real. Then, of course, there's the fact that without Christ, there would be no God at all or anything else, for that matter. Muslims deny those facts about Christ. So, it's clear that the Muslim god is not Yahweh... You both are trolling Christians, plain and simple.

Made a mistake above. Meant to say in the next to last sentence that it's clear that the Muslim god is not nearly the same as the Christian One.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2015 08:32 PM
Q99

It's not 'making them the same,' they literally are the same. Described differently, different views on them to be sure, but they are both the God of Judaism. Islam views Jesus and Mary as great holy figures!

If you ask two people for descriptions of someone and they give conflicting reports, but both agree he was the first President of the United States, had the same vice president, was elected on the same day, fought the British, etc., they're talking about the same person.

And the difference between 'Allah' and 'God' is akin to the difference between calling him 'el primer presidente' and 'the first president.' Same meaning, different languages.

Heck, the Bible doesn't say 'God'- God is an English word. It says words like èåüò. Because the Bible was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. Complaining about the word 'Allah' is like a greek person saying, "These English so-called Christians can't really be Christians, they don't even worship èåüò, the name of the one they worship is God! God's not in the Bible once!". And they would have a better argument than you, because at least èåüò was in the original text and not a translation. It's a silly, sematic argument that overlooks how language works.

Really wanting them to be different doesn't actually make them different.

quote:

Bullshit. No matter how many times delusional people like you or Q99 say that it doesn't make it true.

Note how I'm citing stuff actually in the books and religious beliefs in question, and how both agree that they are the same God that Jewish people worship, while all you can respond to that with is repeating the same Trinity point that don't actually establish them as separate rather than two interpretations, the language argument that doesn't get how language works, getting more angry at me for pointing it out, and denying things that are clearly stated.

quote:
You and Q are just making yourselves look foolish and ignorant. Allah and Yahweh are nothing alike.

Created the world, was worshipped by Jews, 'Allah' is literally just a translation of the word 'God' (*not* a name in either case) and is what Christians use in Arabic, Islam specifically says their God is the one Jesus preached about, that Mary his mother was a woman of great holiness, etc. etc. ....

You have an odd definition of 'nothing in common.'

You can't make someone else *not* worship the same God as you when they are.

Do you say that other sects of Christianity aren't worshipping the same God and Jesus?

quote:
For starters, the former is not even real.

They're the same being. You're saying the same being both does and doesn't exist depending on people's interpretation. I will also point out any atheist / wiccan / etc. will say neither exist.

Also, that is the argument you're trying to establish. It's just begging the question to try and put the conclusion as your reasoning. It's circular.

quote:
Then, of course, there's the fact that without Christ, there would be no God at all or anything else, for that matter.

You do realize that Jewish people don't believe Christ is God, right?

Also, I should note not all sects of Christianity believe in the Trinity interpretation, some believe he was the Son of God without being God. The trinity is just one take, this is something divided even within Christianity.

Mormons do not (do you consider Mitt Romney to worship a different God?). Jehovah's Witnesses don't either (they consider him sort of a middle level, God's first creation, slightly below God but above everything else). Christian Scientists believe he is the son of God and the Messiah but not literally God. Oneness Pentecostals believe God took all three forms of the Trinity but that does not make him three beings, thus Jesus is God but does not sit alongside the Father and the Holy Spirit, but is simply a form God takes.

I will also note that while redemption through Jesus is stressed, Jesus doesn't say 'you have to believe I am God' at any point, nor does Jesus go around telling people he's God- or to put it another way, the Apostles of all people almost certainly didn't share your view. The putting that factor as absolutely paramount is your doctrine, not something that the Bible lists as an 'absolutely-must-believe.' Your sect may view it as a deal breaker, but that doesn't make it a universal truth of Christianity, at least not if you're arguing the Bible taking top precedence.

It's one thing for you to view them as wrong for not viewing God as a trinity- that's to be expected, after all- but that doesn't change that they are clearly referring to the being you view as a trinity.

quote:

So, it's clear that the Muslim god is not Yahweh... You both are trolling Christians, plain and simple.

None of those things actually change that they're the same, and it's not trolling to point it out.

"They don't believe some facts in your version of Christianity about Christ," is not a compelling argument when countered with "but they do believe that the exact same God created the universe, and the classic Jewish and Christian holy figures are holy to them too."

You really want them to be different beings, but you are not presenting a solid theological argument for it. Especially not when pretty much any Christian will admit that Jewish people worship the same God as them (in that the first book of the Bible is literally a Jewish holy book) but do not believe these same bits that you insist make for a completely separate being.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 02:15 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

How do you find the time for all that

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Dec 21st, 2015 02:29 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote