KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is there a chance you can still go to Heaven if you've already been sent to Hell?

Is there a chance you can still go to Heaven if you've already been sent to Hell?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Is there a chance you can still go to Heaven if you've already been sent to Hell?

As the title says.

Maybe on the way down to hell? Or on your death bed?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 07:58 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I guess it depends on the dogma, but as far as I'm aware after being sent to Hell you're supposed to be beyond redemption. As of anything before that, it's more of a thing with God than a communion with the other believers, so it's near impossible to gauge it by its effects.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 09:06 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Well that sucks.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 01:17 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

What if there are like sentences to hell, like you kicked your dog so 30 days in hell

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 01:25 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
What if there are like sentences to hell, like you kicked your dog so 30 days in hell
I don't think it works like that, buddy.

Though it might, so good thinking.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 01:27 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

My pastor once told me that thinking things is just as bad as doing them in the eyes of God, so I'm screwed if this is all true

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 01:28 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always thought it was lame someone could behave in a manner that makes hell appropriate and then try to get out of it with a last minute plea for forgiveness.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 01:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Surtur
I always thought it was lame someone could behave in a manner that makes hell appropriate and then try to get out of it with a last minute plea for forgiveness.

That's why the Catholics invented purgatory stick out tongue

(Not just because of that, but I bet it linked into the discussion)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 01:51 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
That's why the Catholics invented purgatory stick out tongue

(Not just because of that, but I bet it linked into the discussion)

Yeah, plus purgatory has all the dead babies right? The ones that died before they could be baptised.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Yeah, plus purgatory has all the dead babies right? The ones that died before they could be baptised.

Good question, I believe at some point there was a mid concept called Limbo but then it got retconned.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is another crazy thing, you are born into sin..that is what they say. The very act of you existing is a sin.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:02 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
My pastor once told me that thinking things is just as bad as doing them in the eyes of God, so I'm screwed if this is all true
You and Me both, dude.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:04 PM
Bentley
Seitei

That is another crazy thing, you are born into sin..that is what they say. The very act of you existing is a sin.

Our very existence upsets god, we are hardcore like that.

The whole Original Sin topic is pretty interesting, as in, very hard to explain at all from our perspective (I don't see any clear way to describe it, really). It seems more of a thing that serves some purpose than an actual object on and by itself. Then again, I'm no expert on the subject.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:09 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also experienced pastors and brothers(the religious type) and priests saying all kinds of weird and messed up shit.

I had a brother for my spanish teacher in high school. He was like 60 and had spent most of his time as a brother in hawaii. So he'd make jokes about how he got "laid" a lot, since that is what they call it when they put that flowerly necklace around you. He also flat out said he supported the castration of homosexuals.

He was INSANE, but entertaining. He'd always play that song "que sera sera' whatever will be will be. He also had us make pinata's, I made a god damn ninja turtle that I still have.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:13 PM
Jmanghan

I also experienced pastors and brothers(the religious type) and priests saying all kinds of weird and messed up shit.

I had a brother for my spanish teacher in high school. He was like 60 and had spent most of his time as a brother in hawaii. So he'd make jokes about how he got "laid" a lot, since that is what they call it when they put that flowerly necklace around you. He also flat out said he supported the castration of homosexuals.

He was INSANE, but entertaining. He'd always play that song "que sera sera' whatever will be will be. He also had us make pinata's, I made a god damn ninja turtle that I still have.
That sounds ****ing hilarious.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 04:23 PM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

That's a bit harsh, I don't think I deserve to be castrated

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 06:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I should of been more specific too, he supported *personally* castrating homosexuals. That is not a joke, he talked about how he'd chase one down and "cut his pecker off" if he caught a student doing something gay. This is also the same guy that poked a hole in a condom I'd accidentally dropped.

Sadly he still ended up being my favorite teacher, which should give you an idea of how creepy some of the teachers were. I mean some were just plain bizarre. One religion teacher gave us nothing but religious crossword puzzles. You would think that is something they'd do for 6 yr. olds, but I was 16. It was really strange because the religion teacher from my freshmen year had made us read the bible every day in class, and then this other guy just didn't give a shit. He also gave us those things where it's a bunch of random letters and there are words hidden in it.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 5th, 2016 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 05:12 PM
juggerman

Re: Is there a chance you can still go to Heaven if you've already been sent to Hell?

Originally posted by Jmanghan
As the title says.

I've heard stories of people being brought back to life after drowning or something like that, and saying they actually went to Hell/Heaven. If it's true I guess someone could have gone to Hell, been brought back to life, and then live a good life and end up going to Heaven.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Feb 5th, 2016 07:31 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember seeing a documentary where a guy temporarily died and went to "hell". Or at least a hellish place. Now he wasn't a serial killer or anything to my knowledge, I guess deep down he could of been a bad guy, but it shows the possibility that if hell exists then your deeds on earth might not matter when it comes to keeping yourself out of there.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2016 03:31 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Re: Is there a chance you can still go to Heaven if you've already been sent to Hell?

Originally posted by Jmanghan
As the title says.

If you have not sinned a lot.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2016 02:16 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote