KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » How would finding out there is no God make you feel?

How would finding out there is no God make you feel?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How would finding out there is no God make you feel?

This is obviously a question aimed only at people who believe in God. For arguments sake, let us say somehow..scientists prove God doesn't exist. As in, they have 100% concrete evidence. Don't ask how one could have 100% evidence God isn't real, that isn't the point.

The point is if you found out this..what would you do? Would it change the way you live your life at all? Would you experience some kind of emotional crisis at this news?

I know some people would just never in a million years accept any evidence that says God isn't real, but again for the sake of argument lets say whatever evidence they have convinces you it's legit.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 05:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'd walk around with a smug "See I told you so" look on my face all day, and I would make so many friends who appreciate how right I always am.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 06:51 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

At least if this happened maybe places like churches wouldn't get tax exempt status anymore.

Which they shouldn't be getting anyways.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 11:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I think the issue of tax exemption would be a little far down on the list of reactions and considerations that people would make after this revelation. I'm thinking more along on the lines of fires, riots, murders, etc. All the fun stuff.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2016 01:30 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: How would finding out there is no God make you feel?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Don't ask how one could have 100% evidence God isn't real, that isn't the point.

Sure its the point.
Believers dont have evidence.
Atheists dont, either.
Both have faith in their beliefs.
Haha.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 10:01 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Upset by the lack of deeper meaning in the universe.

Probably pissed off by shit like this that some atheists would probably do:
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I'd walk around with a smug "See I told you so" look on my face all day,

I'm fine with religious and atheist people, it's when people are smug prideful dicks about what they believe or don't believe that rubs me the wrong way.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 10th, 2016 08:33 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I laugh at those people. Smugly. cool

Old Post Oct 10th, 2016 10:05 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: How would finding out there is no God make you feel?

Originally posted by riv6672
Sure its the point.
Believers dont have evidence.
Atheists dont, either.
Both have faith in their beliefs.
Haha.

The point is more how people would handle the news. I'm sure some would just bury their heads in the sand, since some already do that in the modern age(people who believe dinosaurs chilled with humans and the earth's age numbers only in the thousands despite concrete evidence to the contrary).

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 03:23 PM
riv6672

Dinosaurs have survived into our modern time.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:26 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But that isn't what they mean when they say that.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 05:01 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

"How would finding out there is no God make you feel?"

I would be astonished, but it would not change any of my beliefs.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 02:22 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

But that isn't what they mean when they say that.

Nessie, baby.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 09:25 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Re: How would finding out there is no God make you feel?

This is obviously a question aimed only at people who believe in God. For arguments sake, let us say somehow..scientists prove God doesn't exist.

That's actually impossible.

Given that science has limits in the natural world, while God is not bound to one.

TBH I'd say that your question is flawed.

But sure why not extrapolate a bit:

Perhaps we could learn that there is no God after we die?

You could have said: then what about your life, would you be content to know this after you died and you cannot re-live what happened?

My answer is yes, I could die peacefully after following Christianity even if there is noone beyond.

Simple reason is that Christianity promotes objective morality, is the foundation of Western civilization and generally provides a very compassionate and fullfilling philosophy of life.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 04:28 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

You mean Hillary?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 04:29 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Stigma
You mean Hillary?
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 10:40 PM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

John Podesta said that aliens are Gods helpers.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 10:40 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I'd walk around with a smug "See I told you so" look on my face all day, and I would make so many friends who appreciate how right I always am.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 12:02 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Stigma
You mean Hillary?

Nothing so unimaginative, no.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 04:30 AM
John Murdoch

1 Corinthians 15:12-22 sums it up:
Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Paul himself says the life of a Christian is in vain if Jesus did not rise from the dead, which is different from your initial question, Surtur, but does describe the vanity of Christianity apart from Jesus' resurrection.

I agree with Stigma as well on his first statement in this thread.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 09:13 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I would find Lucy. Kick him in the nuts. Steal all his stuff and rape any of his beloved female family members. Then I would look at him and say "There aint no God, so Congrats buddy". Then I would walk away with a smug look on my face.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 09:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote