KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What makes Islam so special?

What makes Islam so special?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What makes Islam so special?

I seriously do not get this, this need to defend this religion..to make excuses for it, more than we have any other religion. What is it about this that makes that happen? Why is it people look at Islamaphobia as separate from a phobia of any other religion? Is there something I am missing out on? Am I not privy to some sort of mystical revelation others are privy to?

What is it that makes people do irrational things like bringing up the Crusades and stuff..in reference to what is going on currently? Why? Is there some kind of mass hypnosis? Is it magic?

What have we, as a species, been given by this specific religion, that makes us treat it this way? What is there to gain?

Surely there is some kind of secret I am just missing? Some revelation that will make all this make even a tiny bit of sense? I am not trying to be cruel, I legitimately want to know. Bestow on me some piece of knowledge..some bit of wisdom..that makes it legitimate to separate this religion from the others.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 30th, 2017 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 12:27 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I admit to being pretty ignorant of Islam. I have no upbringing with it and have never really read much of the Qur'an or any other related texts. What I know is really only second- or third-hand knowledge. But I did grow up with Fundamentalist Christianity and have a very profound understanding and experience with it. And these religions "of the book" seem quite similar in many respects, all claim to have infallible truth yet they contradict each other, so they can't all be "the truth."

So the more I hear about it, it sounds similar to Christianity in that it's possible to cherry pick passages and doctrines and one can be as zealous or as luke warm as one likes. However, this doctrine of Jihad/holy war seems a little more pronounced in Islam as opposed to Christianity. Christianity has a little more discreet way of "winning souls" so to speak (but they're still both insanely deluded). For example, it's not explicitly stated in the Bible to wage war and kill one's self and others with a reward in heaven like it is in Islam. Which might explain why we only see Muslims committing these acts and not Christians. Fathom that.

Still many liberals will not admit the obvious connection between belief and action.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 02:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is true Christianity does have a lot of messed up stuff, but think about Jesus for a second. More or less..dude was a hippy. I feel like the worst he did is get pissed at some rich douches and break some shit, right?

Muhammad is like the Jesus of Islam. Except if Jesus was a warlord and child rapist. He has tortured Jews to death in order to locate treasure, he has beheaded jews, he has had poets who wrote poems talking shit about him..killed. Again, compare that to Jesus, who didn't even try to have friggin Judas killed. Who more or less accepted his shitty fate. Muhammad is revered, you can't even draw a picture of the guy without earning their ire. Yep, it's insulting to them to draw a picture of a child raping warlord.

Look at the keys to heaven for a second. If you are a bad person and break all the laws of Christianity..how do you get into heaven? Ask for forgiveness, repent, etc. If you are a muslim..how do you get into heaven if you have flaunted the laws? You kill some non-believers lol. Boom, you get to heaven. Boom, you get virgins(they do not say if the virgins have had their genitals mutilated).

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 03:39 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah there's more than a slight/subtle/little difference between the teachings of Jesus and Muhammad.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 03:59 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, Jesus is my homeboy. He was basically a hippie who got killed by the state (if he did indeed exist).

Anybody read this book...?

(please log in to view the image)

https://www.amazon.com/People-Muham...le+vs.+muhammad

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 04:02 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah there's more than a slight/subtle/little difference between the teachings of Jesus and Muhammad.

There is another point Sam Harris makes about the bible vs Quran. The former is a lot more chaotic. The amount of different people who added stories, the length, and how it can be quite contradictory were among his reasons. Whereas he has said the Quran is a lot more consistent in its teachings.

For instance a person would have a hard time strictly adhering to the bible 100%, because there is anti gay stuff and pro slavery stuff in some parts. But then Jesus obviously wasn't about discriminating or slavery or stoning women or any of that stuff. God himself is also way nicer in the New Testament.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 05:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, Jesus is my homeboy. He was basically a hippie who got killed by the state (if he did indeed exist).

Not only that, but from what I remember(having gone to catholic schools) they chose to free a murderer in exchange for crucifying Jesus lol. Barbaras or Barabas or something beginning with a B. I bet even Jesus had to just shake his head over that. When people acted like dicks back in the day they didn't hold back.

Come to think of it, did we ever hear about that guy they freed again? If he killed anymore people after being freed?

But yeah, Jesus had a lot of patience. Muhammad had a lot of..victims lol.

quote:
Anybody read this book...?

No, but I have heard about it and the author.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 30th, 2017 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 05:09 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

You guys put too much faith in Harris. He's not that big of an intellectual giant. He's solid, though.

Anyways, more or less agreed on Islam.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 06:44 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Douglas Murray is another good one to listen to when it comes to Islam:

Old Post Apr 1st, 2017 08:29 PM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

The pedophilia and bloodlust.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 12:14 AM
chingchangwalla is currently offline Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Besides being the one true religion revealed to us by God's final prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?

I don't know, but that sounds pretty special.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 12:20 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
The pedophilia and bloodlust.

You can molest kids, but bacon is out of the question.

Truly truly evil.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 01:32 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Dunno man.

what could it be...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 01:42 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur

Truly truly evil.

****ing lmao I know. Muhammad basically plagiarised the Talmud and added in the bacon thing along with more violence and pedophilia. Then when the Jews and Christians refused his bullshit book, he just killed them.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 01:45 PM
chingchangwalla is currently offline Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

****ing lmao I know. Muhammad basically plagiarised the Talmud and added in the bacon thing along with more violence and pedophilia. Then when the Jews and Christians refused his bullshit book, he just killed them.

Woah dude slow your roll. He didn't "kill" Jews or Christians. He liberated their heads from their bodies and hooked them up with special backstage passes to meet Jesus.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 01:48 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur

Makes sense.

Then when the Jews and Christians refused his bullshit book, he just killed them.

Of course they refused his bullshit book. They had their own. smile

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 01:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bacon and booze on top of that. That's a bummer.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 06:17 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Is turkey bacon okay?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 06:19 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well it's not bacon specifically they take issue with, but pigs.

They need to play copies of the movie Charlotte's Web at mosques, maybe that will help the Muslim/Pig community heal these wounds. Or maybe some Babe.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 06:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Pork is unclean to eat in Judaism, this is likely where Muhammad took the idea from. Come on, people.

http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 4th, 2017 06:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote